Poll: What do you think?

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Once again, a better job in few hours than the months they've (supposedly) spent on finalizing that design. Here I hope they aren't done finalizing. The buff dracthyr with the armor pieces is just awesome.

If nothing else I'd take at least a torso that's more buff and shoulders that are wider. I want my dragonboi to look epic and intimidating, not a skinny lizard.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Done! Do you know who this edit was made by originally so I can credit them? Did @Futhark make it or someone else? Because I saw it posted on Reddit as well.
    I made it and posted it in both places. (ElderFuthark on reddit / Futhark here)

10+ Year Old Account
    I may never play a Dracthyr but I firmly oppose the visage being used as anything but idle animation. If they intended the visage to be able to be used in combat it would negate any reason for Evoker to be Dracthyr only. They won’t do it.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

1+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big fan of the more predatory aesthetic from ThunderBrush's version.
    I really like the sharper and more defined edges. This looks absolutely predatory and I love it.
    That's what I really want most of all, something that looks predatory and mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the "visage" or whatever should just be a normal human or what have you, like worgen. It makes ZERO sense. It's supposed to be so they could hide amongst the mortal races, yet they all look like walking mardi gras floats.
    "Clearly that guy over there, with the 2ft long horns and neon green scales covering 40% of his body, couldn't possibly be something other than completely mundane".
    TIL that WoW dragons can't disguise for SH!T.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Good thing we have fans that can do these things for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I made it and posted it in both places. (ElderFuthark on reddit / Futhark here)
    Gotcha. I've added them to the main post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    I think the "visage" or whatever should just be a normal human or what have you, like worgen. It makes ZERO sense. It's supposed to be so they could hide amongst the mortal races, yet they all look like walking mardi gras floats.
    "Clearly that guy over there, with the 2ft long horns and neon green scales covering 40% of his body, couldn't possibly be something other than completely mundane".
    Some dragons in WoW don’t fully disguise themselves. Wrathion for example has burning red eyes, and Alexstraza and Ysera fully display their horns.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    What makes you think these guys want to hide?

WoW community: "why my human mage looks like gym bunny on steroids? He is a mage, not a warrior!"

Also WoW community: "this race of dragons that can only be healers or casters definetly needs to look more bulky"....

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I do think there should be more options since the class/race are restricted to each other, there should certainly be a true “slightly bulkier” option like this.

But suggestions like the following that I’ve seen people suggest makes no sense since they are all only spellcasters.

Don’t get me wrong though, something like the above would for sure be good… if they could be a proper melee spec. Or for when they get a melee class like warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I do think there should be more options since the class/race are restricted to each other, there should certainly be a true “slightly bulkier” option like this.

But suggestions like the following that I’ve seen people suggest makes no sense since they are all only spellcasters.

Don’t get me wrong though, something like the above would for sure be good… if they could be a proper melee spec. Or for when they get a melee class like warrior.
    Supposedly the race is extremely tall/large (taller than Tauren), so they’re probably not going to add an extremely bulky version.

The “predator” version is definitely more possible. Blizzard does add “evil” variations to their races.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post

I think this is like x100 times better

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    WoW community: "why my human mage looks like gym bunny on steroids? He is a mage, not a warrior!"

Also WoW community: "this race of dragons that can only be healers or casters definetly needs to look more bulky"....
    Keywords: human, dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Keywords: human, dragon.
    Also keywords: "warrior, caster"

Seems like people are asking for General Draven with a dragon head

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Supposedly the race is extremely tall/large (taller than Tauren), so they’re probably not going to add an extremely bulky version.

The “predator” version is definitely more possible. Blizzard does add “evil” variations to their races.
    Where did you read that they're taller than Tauren? Just curious, I don't remember reading that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Where did you read that they're taller than Tauren? Just curious, I don't remember reading that.
    It isn't confirmed, but if you look at the Dracthyr model in its ability demos, its quite a bit larger than orcs and other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Also keywords: "warrior, caster"
    The beefy warrior and skinny caster stereotypes are contradicted by the entire game, so wherever you get that inspiration from it's not Warcraft.

Did you guys manage to fix the Drakthyr yet?