Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Allied Races with prepurchase?

I heard this was mentioned by one of the accurate leaks. Anyone know if this is true? What do you think it will be if we get them?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I heard this was mentioned by one of the accurate leaks. Anyone know if this is true? What do you think it will be if we get them?
    I have a friend that works at blizzard and he told me the race is gonna be called "Dracthyr" or something

Anyone know if this is true?
    No, I don't believe anyone on this forum can tell you if it is true or not. We will have to wait until Blizzard announces it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not been actual leaks, just close hits, or guesses yet.

As well, I doubt there's going to be purchased Allied Races, as that would be reversing in the MMO store system. The only games I know with purchase races are... LOTRO and.. Does SWTOR still do it?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There's not been actual leaks, just close hits, or guesses yet.
    Actually the one leak that mentioned allied race with pre-purchase did also mention Dracthyr by name, and Invoker class (pretty close to Evoker), so that is the one now considered true, though I hope locking a race behind a pre-purchase bonus is a scrapped idea

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    The preorder race in the leak is probably talking about Dracthyr.
    Given we already know that we're getting Dracthyr/Evokers in prepatch at the latest. (Presumably they'll do like DHs and only have them available then if you preorder)

Would be neat if they were added in 9.2.5 with preorder, but that's highly unlikely unless they released the talent trees with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korsha View Post
    Actually the one leak that mentioned allied race with pre-purchase did also mention Dracthyr by name, and Invoker class (pretty close to Evoker), so that is the one now considered true, though I hope locking a race behind a pre-purchase bonus is a scrapped idea
    Well. I can believe them making people with a pre-purchase able to play the new race as soon as pre-patch hits.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    The preorder race in the leak is probably talking about Dracthyr.
    Given we already know that we're getting Dracthyr/Evokers in prepatch at the latest. (Presumably they'll do like DHs and only have them available then if you preorder)

Would be neat if they were added in 9.2.5 with preorder, but that's highly unlikely unless they released the talent trees with it.
    No way that they are that far ahead already though
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

There's only a rumor going around about a possible race that isn't Dracthyr. Not sure if it's an Allied Race, but it's still likely they will just reuse animation rigs moving forward.

you already saw the allied races in the reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    I have a friend that works at blizzard and he told me the race is gonna be called "Dracthyr" or something

Are they considered an allied race?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, they have their own starting zone - Allied Races don't. But, because they can only be a heroic class, they are not exactly a normal race either. I guess you could consider them a heroic race.

Edit P.S.: I do think that there is some sort of preorder bonus that isn't quite ready yet and that it will be added in an upcoming PTR build. Whether that will be an Allied Race or something else, I do not know.
    Last edited by Leowyld; 2022-04-24 at 11:29 PM.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    they're not, but the 4chan leak also misspelled Evokers as Invokers, so my assumption is he missheard/misstyped new race as allied race

Thing about releasing prepurchase for Dragonflight is that they'll have to give a semi-accurate release date simultaneously. In recent memory it's been "on or before December 31st", but at this point I very much doubt (and somewhat hope) that Blizzard is either incapable or unwilling to commit to a 2022 release date.

"On or before December 31st 2023" really doesn't look great to either players or more importantly, shareholders.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Thing about releasing prepurchase for Dragonflight is that they'll have to give a semi-accurate release date simultaneously. In recent memory it's been "on or before December 31st", but at this point I very much doubt (and somewhat hope) that Blizzard is either incapable or unwilling to commit to a 2022 release date.

"On or before December 31st 2023" really doesn't look great to either players or more importantly, shareholders.
    Well, they can't wait until next January to do preorders. Especially if it is releasing in the first quarter. My guess, it will have a pending "release date" of April 30th, 2023 (or something close) until the proper release date is announced.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

Considering how little effort it seems they are putting into the actual new race for 10.0 I would cringe at what kind of allied races they would add. Slightly taller human? Gnome with better dancing skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    they're not, but the 4chan leak also misspelled Evokers as Invokers, so my assumption is he missheard/misstyped new race as allied race
    Thats really not how spelling mistakes work.....at all.....by that logic they might have meant a new Race Car as a preorder bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Considering how little effort it seems they are putting into the actual new race for 10.0 I would cringe at what kind of allied races they would add. Slightly taller human? Gnome with better dancing skills?
    I have stayed pretty quit but i honestly think the new race AND the new class are by far the weakest they have ever done. I fully appreciate there will be some who love both, and thats totally fine they are not wrong to like them, but i just see the laziest, most boring and low quality race i have seen in the game. I actually rank it below some of the laziest allied races. The animations looked janky as fuck to me, like REALLY poorly done.

Hopefully this was just a really early iteration or something, because it honestly looked like EQ rather than wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I still think that it will be the Covenant races.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I still think that it will be the Covenant races.
    I really hope you're right.
    I mean, I'm thinking it's increasingly less likely, but I really want you to be right.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korsha View Post
    I mean it's not really locked to those who pre-purchase, everyone gets them but some get them early if they pre-purchase which is different. I am still against the idea of allied races anyway, we should be getting main races unlocked without having to unlock them in game which was required for allied races. also Allied Races were tied to the BfA content because it was very HvA but we won't have that again for a while anyway