Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sambubu View Post
    Evokers are literally Mages. Blizzard took all the spells for Mages from Evokers. The dragon class is just called Evoker, because it's a "dragon mage". Essentially both the race and class are "dragon".
    I wouldn't consider this;

A Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by sambubu View Post
    Evokers are literally Mages. Blizzard took all the spells for Mages from Evokers. The dragon class is just called Evoker, because it's a "dragon mage". Essentially both the race and class are "dragon".
    The few spells we have seen are enough to separate evokers from mages.
    Then we include the charge up spells it's supposed to have as a mechanic which increases the gap even further.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    It's about time the Tanks never got something, you have enough tank types to choose from, it's about time we got a ranged DPS spec and I'm thankful for Blizz's decision.
    Having an extra option doesn´t make you unable to play as a dps or healer. More options are always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLamperouge View Post
    Having an extra option doesn´t make you unable to play as a dps or healer. More options are always welcome.
    But you've already had 3 extra options but as a ranged DPS what did we get prior?

MoAr OpTiOnS X.x

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    But you've already had 3 extra options but as a ranged DPS what did we get prior?
    Hell the first hero class added was three tank specs originally.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Hell the first hero class added was three tanks specs originally.
    Indeed, I remember but because it's not like that anymore I never counted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dude View Post
    They did it for the Demon Hunter and people went "oh well, if they can't think of anything unique, better to just go with 2 specs than to come up with a lackluster 3rd one"

Now 2 specs is the new standard. They have to put in less effort. Why should they design 3 specs if the community accepts 2 just fine?

There is no reason why there couldn't have been a 3rd spec at least. It's a dragon, that can be a ranged caster and a healer. There's absolutely room for a melee dps or a tank spec and especially considering it's a dragon race, that has been created by Deathwing, the leader of the black dragonflight.

People will object to this and say "we have enough melee dps and tank specs".

1. We also have enough ranged dps and healers. There was no need for any class at all. Classes are put into the game cause it's fun to have something new. Not because we need more of them.

2. The argument from people is that having more melee dps specs than ranged dps specs leads to having too many melees in a raid, and it gets really cluttered around the boss and raid groups already have to be designed in a way where they don't take too many melees.

But whenever the tank problem is being brought up and the old story comes up of Blizzard designing more tank classes in the hopes that that solves the tank shortage problem, people point out that more tank classes doesn't actually equal more people playing tank. Ok. I think that's probably true. So then what is the problem with for example having another tank spec on this class? Doesn't mean more people will play tanks. So the argument that "we have enough melee specs already" is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter how many you have.

In reality people will play whatever they like, and if they like melee dps classes, they are already playing them.

If they don't like them, then they won't start playing them just because there's another spec.

And if a new class might entice some people to try out the melee spec, just because it's a new class and they are curious, then the original argument is flawed, and maybe a new tank spec could give us more players willing to tank. Which would be a good thing.

3. You literally lose nothing by getting another spec onto the class. Why would you be against that? It's more content.

No, we don't need another melee dps spec or another tank spec. We don't need another healer or ranged dps either. We don't need anything. But it surely doesn't hurt to have more. Especially when 2 specs for classes is becoming the new standard.

So please stop defending this and at least come up with good arguments. If you don't like tank specs, stick to the ranged specs of the class.
    Yeah, I can for sure see where you frustration is coming from here. And I do share maybe a sliver of that frustration with Blizzards design of the Demon Hunters, and now Evokers. I will say that not having three specs off the bat does open the door for Blizzard to add additional specs later on. Will they do this, doubt it, but who knows. I think Demon Hunter could easily have a ranged spec that uses fel magic and it would completely make sense into the lore of that class as well. If I am thinking of this then I am sure Blizzard has as well. As far as the Evokers go, I haven't played one yet, so I wont elaborate too much here, but a melee class that uses the dragon claws comes to mind right away. In conclusion I get your frustrations, but in my opinion this is of minimal concern to me right now. - Ground

Quote Originally Posted by Groundwalker View Post
    ... - Ground
    Did you just sign your own comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Did you just sign your own comment?
    Yep, sure did. - Ground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    People shouldn't accept expansions without new classes or races in general, actually. The two very worst expansions were as such. Warlords of Draenor and Shadowlands. Coincidence? Not.
    how the fk will people not accept it ? it's not something very big that majority of players won't play, not everyone thinks like you and want new class cus they suck at the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It was because it woudl be too close to the warlock and they felt they could do more with it in 2 specs rather than 3.

I'm still waiting for Illidari warlocks for the night elf warlock option who would start in the demon hunter area and just phrased as spell casting demon hunters - essentially the warlock class with default green fire.
    To be honest, i was kinda hoping spear/javelins/lancers ranged spec. Something with jump/lancer poke quick damage and keep constantly throwing Fel Spears/Javelins/Lancers (similar like shao khan spears If you get an idea) Turned out it's not happening. Totally okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    how the fk will people not accept it ? it's not something very big that majority of players won't play, not everyone thinks like you and want new class cus they suck at the game
    I don't care what other people want, I care about what I want, and obviously to Blizzard, introducing a new class and/or race is an expansion staple as they have done so six out of the 8 expansions. It's a popular feature whether you like it or not.

I don't care what other people want, I care about what I want, and obviously to Blizzard, introducing a new class and/or race is an expansion staple as they have done so six out of the 8 expansions. It's a popular feature whether you like it or not.
    so what you want > what everyone want ? get your head out of your a!ss

so what you want > what everyone want ? get your head out of your a!ss
    Get your head out of everyone else's ass. Do you ask for things you want or things everyone else wants and you never really get what you want? You ask for things you want and if within reason, they coincide with what others want. Can't believe I have to break that down for you.

Get your head out of everyone else's ass. Do you ask for things you want or things everyone else wants and you never really get what you want? You ask for things you want and if within reason, they coincide with what others want. Can't believe I have to break that down for you.
    why are you making this about what i want or don't want?? i don't ask for stupid things and what you are asking does not coincide
    only a minority wanting a 3rd spec and most of them don't matter to blizzard because they spam the forums with meaning less shit like you

Nobody knowa what the mayority wants so many people want to tell the developres that they want a 3 spec. I don´t get it why many people are upset for that.

Can't equate a new tank spec to a new melee spec and say the argument for not introducing one invalidates the argument for not introducing another.

There's by far more people playing the dps role, whether melee or ranged, as compared to tanks. One reason is obviously that only 2 tanks are needed regardless of raid size, and only 1 in 5 for dungeons.

But the bigger issue is that people don't like to take on a role with such a large amount of responsibility. Primarily because of player conception that you'll get blamed/flamed if you make any mistakes.

The lack of tanks is mostly a community created issue that adding a tank to a new class won't help.

Meanwhile introducing a melee spec on a new class will cause people to flock to it when they might instead have tried out the ranged spec, alleviating the hellscape that is the overabundance of melee in all content.

For the record I'd have been fine with a tank spec for Invoker if not for the incessant calls for a melee spec that would be guaranteed to follow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

why are you making this about what i want or don't want?? i don't ask for stupid things and what you are asking does not coincide
    only a minority wanting a 3rd spec and most of them don't matter to blizzard because they spam the forums with meaning less shit like you
    Not sure where you saw me post I want a third spec, even DH's not having a third spec didn't bother me. I just used the thread as a vehicle to voice my displeasure at Blizzard releasing expansions without new races or classes. Releasing a new class with two specs pales in comparison, but still, I agreed with OP's general sentiment that Blizzard often makes lazy, bonehead decisions and should be called out on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Maybe not the "player class" mage, but a mage nonetheless. I.e. a spellcaster.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Maybe not the "player class" mage, but a mage nonetheless. I.e. a spellcaster.
    Is it fair though to call a magical creature a mage? I think that’s stretching things a bit.