Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Agreed. I hope Blizzard sticks to their original concept and just ignores these suggestions/demands/tirades.
    It's probably just a minority being very vocal atm, they'll settle down soon hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    New races? fuck it, lets fill the game with elves cause its popular, more people left, the game goes to shit.
    Humans and Elves (Night & Blood) make up for a HEAVY HEAVY majority of the game.

15% Human
    11% Night Elf
    15% Blood Elf
    2% Void Elf
    1.5% Nightborne

As of Dec. 2019

That's ~45% of the player base playing as such. I don't think this is an issue of filling the game with more elves. It's more of, we know people play these races, let's figure out solutions to build some additional visual diversity into the mix by offering alternative versions of the characters they're already playing. It makes perfect sense why they'd choose Blood Elves and Humans as the visage forms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Give an extra option like this:

A true Dragon race that people have wanted since Vanilla. (Also preferrably a melee or tank spec to go along with it)

Do this and Dragonflight is a near perfect expansion.
    I don't want that roided thing at all. I like the slim style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Warcraft fans want Warcraft aesthetics, not weird tumblr furry aesthetics. If the devs want to make furry tumblr aesthetics, they're working on the wrong game and should apply for work elsewhere. But we've known that Blizzard has been engaging in Bolshevik marketing for years.

Those two are ugly as fuck in my opinion so no thanks. What the hell is up with their faces?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Those two are ugly as fuck in my opinion so no thanks. What the hell is up with their faces?
    Just imagine the females…,,

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    *Shudders* ... I'm glad of what we are getting and I appreciate the design, I grow to love them more and more with every new bit of information I get on them each day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stop, you're giving me nightmares!

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If Blizzard fails to iterate on the concerns players have made abundantly clear by the time the game gets into Alpha then yes, we'd definitely have a reason for concern.
    You mean like every other expansion thus far has done? That is why people do this. Its a learned habit to bring it out often and loud when it starts to begin development so they Might get the message this time around. Will they? Likely not, but not saying anything will ensure that even more.

As of right now, the only saving grave might be the customization options. Historically speaking, there aren't any other races who get an entire new body type of more body definitions as an option. What we have so far is them talking about the normal options: scale look, snout look, head shape and ears. They could be defining more options as just more selections for all of these or even the scale designs.

I really do hope they get better this time around, but their track records doesn't inspire confidence.

They re-did Worgen based off of feedback. Granted, it took a few expansions but it's not outside the realm of possibility.
    Lets be real, they only did that because they were updating every other race to begin with. They didn't do it specifically to fix that race. They did it as a consequence of a bigger planned change. This new race is getting shafted as is with no melee options and no other class options. It wouldn't go over well if they launch like that And look awful.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2022-04-24 at 07:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

7+ Year Old Account
    They re-did Worgen based off of feedback. Granted, it took a few expansions but it's not outside the realm of possibility.
    The funny part here is that the worgen female was originally supposed to look more like it does now, but players complained that it wasn't ferocious enough during cata beta and we got the chiuaha monstrosity we were stuck with for years until the recent redo.

"Careful what you wish for" in effect I guess.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2022-04-24 at 08:11 PM.

The funny part here is that the worgen female was originally supposed to look more like it does now, but players complained that it wasn't ferocious enough during cata beta and we got the chiuaha monstrosity we were stuck with for years until the recent redo.

"Careful what you wish for" in effect I guess.
    I don't have a link handy, but I have the memory of Blizzard commenting on people's feedback about female pandaren and saying something to the effect of, "We'd like to avoid a repeat of what happened with female worgen, so we'll largely be staying true to our original vision."

Anyone else remember that, or have I lost my mind?

There is this actual thing. The uglier/insecure you are IRL, the prettier race you play.

That's why I'm the 1% of the player base, maining everything in goblin(dwarfs if I ever played alliance - god forbid). Downside is the chads in my player demography.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-04-24 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    No one cares about the backstory for the race, they just want to play dragon people. That's natural. As soon as the lore is cockblocking the players it's not doing its job.
    And this is what's wrong with most of the player base in WoW... nobody cares about the story/lore (regardless of how good or bad it is), or any of the RPG element of a game that is a MMORPG. They just want to play certain things and have all races be all classes because "durrr... its what i want".

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Give an extra option like this:

A true Dragon race that people have wanted since Vanilla. (Also preferrably a melee or tank spec to go along with it)

Do this and Dragonflight is a near perfect expansion.
    I don't really think this would really fit, given that the race is only casters right now.

Had we gotten a melee spec or been allowed to play something like a warrior then I'd understand wanting something that buff.
    Don't get me wrong Dracthyr should 100% have bulkier options like what we've seen, just not to this extent... not until they can play a melee class/spec.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    God how cringe can you be lol.

On topic:

If this race is supposed to be dragon related i do think it merrits getting some bulky love aswell. I dont see the problem in having the best of both worlds as a toggle or slider option.

As it is now its more of a lizardoid then a dragonoid imo.

- - - Updated - - -

They arent dragonoid? What? Isnt that exactly what they are supposed to be? A humanoid of dragons? Did i miss something?
    They are Dracthyr... they are a new race, made by Neltharion from the aspects. Thus why they aren't complete dragons or dragonkin. The point being is they are something "different" than what has been in the game and seen in the game, yet you guys are wanting the big bulky dragonkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    They are Dracthyr... they are a new race, made by Neltharion from the aspects. Thus why they aren't complete dragons or dragonkin. The point being is they are something "different" than what has been in the game and seen in the game, yet you guys are wanting the big bulky dragonkin.
    Big bad Neltharion, the Earth Warden, made these little things without a melee / tank spec? Yeah I dunno about that.

Big bad Neltharion, the Earth Warden, made these little things without a melee / tank spec? Yeah I dunno about that.
    Posted by Kharnath in a different thread

Madness of Deathwing - Cataclysm - Deathwing Abilities.

Assault Aspects - Spawns adds on platform with most players.
    Cataclysm - hits all raid members for X fire dmg.
    Elementium Bolt - he makes an elemental bolt and hurls it at the target
    Elementium Blast - If the bolt reaches it's target it blows up damaging all around.

These are the only attacks Deathwing does all ranged attacks, the rest are corruptions / old god empowerment, so not exactly 'his' O.G. skills.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    Humans and Elves (Night & Blood) make up for a HEAVY HEAVY majority of the game.

15% Human
    11% Night Elf
    15% Blood Elf
    2% Void Elf
    1.5% Nightborne

As of Dec. 2019

That's ~45% of the player base playing as such. I don't think this is an issue of filling the game with more elves. It's more of, we know people play these races, let's figure out solutions to build some additional visual diversity into the mix by offering alternative versions of the characters they're already playing. It makes perfect sense why they'd choose Blood Elves and Humans as the visage forms.

Filling the game with more of the same its an issue. (45% is less than a half, so i would not say they are majority, especially if you count human on then, so the elf fanbase is just ~30%)

People who already play elves will not stop playing elves, People who don't, will start doing it.

If you only please 40% of your playerbase the other 60% will just leave. Eventually the 40% will be the !00%, but that means the game already went to shit

And its bold of you to say "lets give the thing more visual identity", when they are another darn elf, make no sense at all

- - - Updated - - -

And this is what's wrong with most of the player base in WoW... nobody cares about the story/lore (regardless of how good or bad it is), or any of the RPG element of a game that is a MMORPG. They just want to play certain things and have all races be all classes because "durrr... its what i want".
    Yeah, thats sure the fault of the playerbase and not the devs that write dogshit lore that go against what the people like/want/asked for.

I don't want that roided thing at all. I like the slim style.

They are supposed to be real wow dragon-folk, And you don't need to play then, but others do want, nobody wants to take the current option, but given new ones, so everybody can like it

Didn't they say in several interviews there will be at least a more slender body type and more bulky body type?

No. Blizzard will not do the right thing. They are delusional in thinking that their story is great and their game is what everyone wants to play. They just want to keep you subbed and in their game buying their token. Welcome to World of Warcraft
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Yeah, thats sure the fault of the playerbase and not the devs that write dogshit lore that go against what the people like/want/asked for.

Except its their game and their lore... not the players lore. That's like being a fan of a football team and demanding that they trade or draft who you want and not what the owner/gm/coach wants. That is the insanely crazy ego of the player-base. That they control the lore and the game. How do we know its shitty lore? It follows their story... they are the writers... not the player-base. They plan these expansions out apparently multiple ones at a time, which would make sense as in you have to build a story to continue from expansion to expansion, yet still be "new".

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Syegfryed;53735565]Filling the game with more of the same its an issue. (45% is less than a half, so i would not say they are majority, especially if you count human on then, so the elf fanbase is just ~30%)

People who already play elves will not stop playing elves, People who don't, will start doing it.

If you only please 40% of your playerbase the other 60% will just leave. Eventually the 40% will be the !00%, but that means the game already went to shit

And its bold of you to say "lets give the thing more visual identity", when they are another darn elf, make no sense at all

- - - Updated - - -

Why would it not make sense that their "humanoid" form is a elf? Elves are one of the biggest races on Azeroth that have a deep connection to magic. Dragons are magical creatures or at least the Aspects are and most of their flight. Why would they chose, say the form of a Orc? Orcs for one aren't even of Azeroth, they came through a portal to this planet. Undead aren't actual living creatures and are connected to necromancy. Tauren are more nature/sun related (though there is Ebonhorn), Trolls... they're all about Loa's, hexes, etc. not really the arcane. Chromie is a gnome but its not a race that most dragons choose. SO why the complaint about the form being elf, when most dragons take either the form of a elf or human. Just because a random npc or two chooses another form doesn't mean all of them would get it. It once again comes down to the player-base wanting some "just cause I want it" without actually THINKING it through.....

I dont want it to be anything specific, i would just like them to have an option to be more bulky. ???