Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxTheGamer View Post
    To make a message I suppose.
    About what?

You didn't even see the revamped talent tree and you want to make a message of sort...?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Really depends on the class. As a Shadowpriest, I despise any design philosophy that brings me closer to the base Priest class. In other words, Legion was ideal and the new talent system is something I'm very much worried about.
    Same for me. I love Spec identity and I care not much about "class identity"... I'm worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    About what?

You didn't even see the revamped talent tree and you want to make a message of sort...?
    I did that's why I made the thread, I wanted to come out and state my opinion on it with others and see how they feel about it? Pretty obvious man.

Too many things to press and think about. The current talent system in Retail is casual friendly and understandable.
    You have to be joking or trolling, even the new system is and will be simple.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

They seem confusing, and I feel like I'll be stressed out by them, I've played Classic and have quit as the talents seem too extreme and such.
    I prefer the WOD era talents as I started in Late MOP and boosted a fury warrior in warlords of Draenor, and I might miss the pick a talent, and boom, you read the thing and you pick a talent. That seems easy, but with this other system, I don't understand I'm not sure.
    As others have noted, there will be many guides that are a simple google search away that will help you pick yours.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

They were just now starting to get the current talents balanced.

How many years will it take them to balance the new talent trees?

They seem confusing, and I feel like I'll be stressed out by them, I've played Classic and have quit as the talents seem too extreme and such.
    I prefer the WOD era talents as I started in Late MOP and boosted a fury warrior in warlords of Draenor, and I might miss the pick a talent, and boom, you read the thing and you pick a talent. That seems easy, but with this other system, I don't understand I'm not sure.
    hmm, maybe it’s a typical „wow has a massive broad audience and you can’t please em all, all the time“ thingy.

which btw is also the root cause for many many many other discussions here. everytime when ppl discussing 15+ pages about „cater to player X (hardcore, casual, raider, openworld-fan, you name it) vs cater to player Y (hardcore, casual, raider, openworld-fan, you name it)“ i see all that Blizz ppls thinking „we don’t know too“ and that 1 manager or monetization team guy thinking „but we nonetheless try to cater a bit to all of you, to get ALL your moneyz from ALL of you!“.

in short (i simply steal Asmongolds most used favorite default term here): „it is what it is“.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-24 at 01:53 AM.

I did that's why I made the thread, I wanted to come out and state my opinion on it with others and see how they feel about it? Pretty obvious man.
    Where did you see revamped talent tree so that you could compare it to vanilla one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Where did you see revamped talent tree so that you could compare it to vanilla one?
    There are photos even in this thread of the talent system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Those are static images that do not allow us to mouse over, or play with the talents. Freaking out about a single (or two) image and going all doom n' gloom is a horrible way to go about anything in life, to be fair. Especially when it's the alpha alpha alpha iteration and is open for further development.

Like, there isn't even enough to properly criticize.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    dunno if they are joking but its clearly a silly opinion to have,the abilities that were in the old talent system were just given automaticaly to the specs after,so its not like there were less abilities from the tree going away,in fact with the modern talents you can end up having to many abilities to press,some specs have many active abilities to chose

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It always blows me away, but there really are people that dim. Early experiences with LFR proved to me most of them play wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    The old talents are not coming back. The one and only thing that makes this look like old talents is that it's a tree shape. There are no 1% dmg to arcane missiles or some other similar shit like there was back in the day. Everything on these new trees is meaningful and impactful.
    is this confirmed, or just a guess by you?
    because if they want to fill a talent tree of the shown size, they would have to strip quite a few abilites/passives from the base class to be able to fill out the tree. and im sure no one wants that.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    is this confirmed, or just a guess by you?
    because if they want to fill a talent tree of the shown size, they would have to strip quite a few abilites/passives from the base class to be able to fill out the tree. and im sure no one wants that.
    Confirmed in one of the FAQ's Ion Hazzikostas did. He said that each of the circle nodes will be passives, but they wont be passives like the Vanilla tree had where it was 1% here 1% there and it was super boring, these passives will all be things akin to Artifact Traits, Conduits from Shadowlands, Azerite Powers etc. Basically all the borrowed power we had in the past, we are taking all the interesting and fun stuff from them and putting them into this tree. Your character will basically feel like an end of expansion patch character pumped full of borrowed powers, but it will be permanent now and you can choose stuff.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    photos? and the actual text of abilities?

Really hope we get access to alpha talent calculators soon. The idea of giving up class/spec utility ive had for years just to have specific utility doesnt sound good at all. And having mandatory nodes to select just to get something means you could be selecting stuff you dont want at all (like the rip/feral stuff in the resto druid picture wanting to get mighty bash).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Really hope we get access to alpha talent calculators soon. The idea of giving up class/spec utility ive had for years just to have specific utility doesnt sound good at all. And having mandatory nodes to select just to get something means you could be selecting stuff you dont want at all (like the rip/feral stuff in the resto druid picture wanting to get mighty bash).
    Think of it this way, especially if you M+/Raid.

Most people in the raid don't use their interrupts. If you're progressing, you end up making a dedicated rotation for interruptions and everyone is on standby. With the new way the talents are presented, you can choose something else other than your interrupt, such as another damage ability or an augment to a skill you already use, making it better. Or you can choose another utility talent or hybridize (picking up a healing spell as a dps, or mitigation as a healer) without bloating your bars with skills you may not necessarily use.

As a warlock main currently, this is sort of how we function, but with our pets. I can choose which pet is best for the situation -- if I need to help interrupt, I have to pull out my dreadstalker, if I need to help remove magic debuffs, my imp, etc.

It lets people who want to have a lot of skills pick and choose their own adventure, while other people who may want to refine their bars to the barest minimum for maximum gains, to do so as well.

Thus creating more options and customization overall.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

its always going to have the best version for every part of the game so. its whatever.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Think of it this way, especially if you M+/Raid.

Most people in the raid don't use their interrupts. If you're progressing, you end up making a dedicated rotation for interruptions and everyone is on standby. With the new way the talents are presented, you can choose something else other than your interrupt, such as another damage ability or an augment to a skill you already use, making it better. Or you can choose another utility talent or hybridize (picking up a healing spell as a dps, or mitigation as a healer) without bloating your bars with skills you may not necessarily use.

As a warlock main currently, this is sort of how we function, but with our pets. I can choose which pet is best for the situation -- if I need to help interrupt, I have to pull out my dreadstalker, if I need to help remove magic debuffs, my imp, etc.

It lets people who want to have a lot of skills pick and choose their own adventure, while other people who may want to refine their bars to the barest minimum for maximum gains, to do so as well.

Thus creating more options and customization overall.
    Allowing you to trade an interrupt for damage would be an unmitigated disaster. Really doubt they will do this.

I believe they said it will be utility v utility, damage v damage.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    dunno if they are joking but its clearly a silly opinion to have,the abilities that were in the old talent system were just given automaticaly to the specs after,so its not like there were less abilities from the tree going away,in fact with the modern talents you can end up having to many abilities to press,some specs have many active abilities to chose
    It's not really silly, and Idk why people are saying it's alpha and stuff, Blizz doesn't exactly listen to people who critique such systems, this is how we got Azerite Power and stuff which are different, but still.

And what made the old ones difficult is that there were points and shit, that's annoying, I just want to pick talent from a big menu and bam talents that you earn as you level from just clicking on them, there are no points shit to increase how effective it is. And the menu/screenshot of the system looks exactly like the old one.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes I trust Blizzard, sometimes I don't.