Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think it's weird that he thinks that leak is legit considering it appeared when Dracthyr and Evoker had already been guessed by the community, and all of the other info is either not confirmed yet, and won't be confirmed for a very long time, or is easy to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    God...Ogres need to happen. Frick Blizzard.
    Seriously. Everyone wanting Tuskarr and I'm like "Are we still playing Warcraft?!?"

For horde would guess some more blood elf and undead options / allied race. Darkfallen, Nathanos/Calia undead, Undead elves, maybe some Maldraxxus undead models.
    For alliance not sure, something from Bastion/Ardenweald.

Darkfallen = Undead Night Elfs for Alliance and Undead Blood Elfs for Horde.

Bet.

Quote Originally Posted by sneedlewoods View Post
    I think it's weird that he thinks that leak is legit considering it appeared when Dracthyr and Evoker had already been guessed by the community, and all of the other info is either not confirmed yet, and won't be confirmed for a very long time, or is easy to guess.
    It is weird when the leak came out with the name and class before we even knew about it here. It was posted on the 16th.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Did everynody just give up on wanting Covenant Allied Races?

Vampires plz blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Three Faced Goddess View Post
    It is weird when the leak came out with the name and class before we even knew about it here. It was posted on the 16th.
    I just said, the name Evoker And Dracthyr were already known in the community. At that point the name Evoker had already been guessed and confirmed by Scaleface and he had just posted the picture that led to the discovery of the Dracthyr name. The community quickly guessed Dracthyr after he posted that picture. It was a day before the 4chan leak was posted.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...9#post53703379

Here he confirms that it's a "class that can evoke" and posts the picture that very quickly led to people guessing Dracthyr.

It was on the 15th. A day before the 4chan leak. By that time both the name Evoker and Dracthyr were guessed. And the 4chan leaker didn't even call the class Evoker, he called it Invoker. Because in the community several variations of the name made the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    You discovered to being neutral as pandas, You discovered a class that evoke..

I am glad how much the topic has come to life after our tips - great ideas. Today, however, I am giving you perhaps the last tip. You had a clue to your class, today maybe let's think about the race?
    I didn't want it to be too easy, and I liked the "theredshirtguy" reaction so we'll pull the topic a little differently. The Warcraft community loves puzzles, hidden mounts, etc.
    I'm not very good at puzzles, but I came up with something like this:

PS. code is not everything.
    Last edited by sneedlewoods; 2022-04-24 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Seriously. Everyone wanting Tuskarr and I'm like "Are we still playing Warcraft?!?"
    Tuskarr were in Warcraft 3

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

Vampires plz blizz
    It seems like they could have had good reason to add the Shadowlands race by having a big threat in Dragonflight that threatened both Azeroth & the Shadowlands but apparently they passed on doing that.

Really hope it's not Turkarr. I mean, what faction would they even be for? Another neutral?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Really hope it's not Turkarr. I mean, what faction would they even be for? Another neutral?
    What's wrong with another neutral? lol

Tuskarr would be a great addition and add some nice variety.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    What's wrong with another neutral? lol

Tuskarr would be a great addition and add some nice variety.
    I think we would have to befriend them first in the new expansion. There is probably some story reason in there that gives them a reason to pick one side or the other, like the Vulpera. I suggested Tuskarr & Gnolls later into the expansion; Gnolls in horde because Gnolls are common enemy groups for D&D & fantasy at large. That being the common denominator among Horde races.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If we only got one, it would by definition have to be neutral, they're not going to leave one faction with one extra player race, they always come in pairs if not neutral.

Yes its totally reasonable to believe that the same people who allowed sexual assault to take place because they're too afraid to lose their jobs are DM'ing fucking "red shirt guy" of all people top secret information that could get them fired, and he would share that private information over fucking TWITTER and risk losing a friend or an inside contact. Totally leaked.

And the Horde STILL doesn't have playable Ogres, even after 15 years.

Devs confirm no Allied Races until after 10.0, focus is only on Dracthyr for now
    https://www.breakflip.com/fr/world-o...onflight-36185

Can we stop talking about this ""leak"" now?

I personally really want Ogre, Naga and Mogu for playable races. But nothing suggests that any of them are coming.

So in my opinion a race like Tuskarr as neutral race would still be nice. They're also not directly connected to the story, which opens up other possibilities.

I like the new Gnoll models and in my opinion, one or more tribes of Gnolls would be a fitting addition for the Horde. And if I remember correctly from Traveler, there are Gnolls in Kalimdor as well. Not just in the Eastern Kingdoms.

Not sure what the Alliance could get. Furbolgs come to my mind, but no new models announced for them as far as I am aware.

What I find interesting in the whole Dracthyr armor debate:

If we get races that aren't fully armored, that might open the door for a bunch of contenders.

Two headed Ogre can only equipp one head visually. Naga tails don't have to be armored. Sethrak heads don't have to necessarily be armored. Same goes for the lower bodys of Centaurs, Dryads/Keeper of the Growth.
    Of course in regards to non bipedals the question remains how they use mounts. Centaur/Dryad on a flying mount for example. But I would be fine if certain races don't have visible armor over some of their body parts.

Vampires plz blizz
    They never made sense to begin with. Maybe Blizzard (read: the new guys in charge) is actually taking their own lore a bit more serious now that they've made it their own.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    That is NOT how you do estimates. This is equivalent to how many days did you walk around since last time, before you went to bathroom.

We are still not in alpha. When we reach beta - 10/10 times you can add 6months on top to get a pretty good estimate of the release date.
    Why does it work like that? Because you got templates on how long testing should last. And it's always 6(+/- 1month)of beta testing.

If we reach beta - latest august 2022 - we will still have a Q1 2023 release.

Given the alpha should take atleast 3 months - we need to enter alpha latest end of may 2022.
    If not - we won't get a Q1 release(mostly because beta testing got delayed).

My guess is feb/march 2023, if we don't get hit by antoher pandemic and the testing flows.
    It was about 6.5 months going from BfA alpha start to release, about 7.5 months for Shadowlands, and about 9 months for Legion, though the later one had a christmas break in between.

If they're fast and start testing by mid may, we may get a november release - as "leaked" by Scaleface. If they're on the slower side of things, I'd say february 23 would be a good bet.

7+ Year Old Account

Vampires plz blizz
    Woerd as f

Everyone wanted the shadowland races, the vampires and the night fae

Now seems like everyone is sure to be more elves, for some reason

???

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Devs confirm no Allied Races until after 10.0, focus is only on Dracthyr for now

wush thank god.

Hopeful they WILL actually focus on then, beyond adding multiple hair color options, cause i mean, there is a limit of colors the human eye can see

While I agree this leak is probably true and just jumped on Scaleface info. There is still no confirmation.
    The dev basically say have no sure plan for 10.0 and that they focus on Drac'thyr

Which mean that if another race if already done for a 9.2.5 or another update before 10.0, an allied race is still a possibility.