Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo Immortal Launches June 2 for both Mobile and PC

Diablo Immortal Launches June 2 for both Mobile and PC
    Blizzard revealed this morning that Diablo Immortal will be launching on June 2nd, 2022 with full support for both mobile AND PC. At launch, PC will be in open beta but all progress will be retained once bete ends.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    DIABLO ® IMMORTAL™ UNLEASHES HELL ON MOBILE AND PC ON JUNE 2
    Over 30 million players have pre-registered to defend Sanctuary in the newest entry in Blizzard Entertainment‘s iconic Diablo franchise

IRVINE, Calif.—April 25, 2022—The Worldstone is shattered, and it now falls to the heroes of Sanctuary to fend off the terrors rising in its wake. Blizzard Entertainment today announced that beginning June 2, players in most regions across the world will take up the call to defend against the Burning Hells in Diablo® Immortal ™, the first Blizzard game designed from the ground up for mobile, with the remaining regions in Asia-Pacific gaining access a few weeks later.

In addition to offering an uncompromised AAA experience on mobile, the most ambitious game released in the Diablo franchise’s 25-year history will enter into Open Beta on Windows® PC at launch. Diablo Immortal supports both cross-play and cross-progression, allowing Sanctuary’s heroes to join the fight with each other regardless of platform while being able to seamlessly transition between mobile and PC gameplay. The Open Beta on PC will contain all game features, including cross-play and cross-progression, and upon conclusion all progress will be maintained.

“The demons of the Burning Hells are ready to be slain in the most expansive Diablo game that Blizzard has ever released,” said Mike Ybarra, president of Blizzard Entertainment. “As Blizzard’s first game designed from the ground up for mobile, it was important to us to deliver an experience worthy of the franchise, so we did a lot of testing, incorporated a lot of feedback, and created a game that we’re very excited to share with players. We’re looking forward to unleashing this epic new entry in the Diablo franchise, and we can't wait to join everyone in Sanctuary."

With the fate of Sanctuary in their hands, players will choose between six iconic Diablo classes–Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, Necromancer, or Wizard–and embark on a journey through eight unique zones and the great city of Westmarch. They will join up with new and familiar Diablo characters, including the franchise's patriarch Deckard Cain, on an expansive quest to hunt down the shattered pieces of the corrupted Worldstone before the forces of the Burning Hells can gather them for their own sinister plans in an epic all-new story taking place between the events of Diablo II and Diablo III.
    Diablo Immortal features a MMOARPG (massively multiplayer online action-RPG) social experience that’s completely new to the series. Players will share a massive world with others as they explore Sanctuary, form Warbands with up to eight members to take on group challenges such as the intense Helliquary raid bosses, and join Clans with up to 150 friends to earn challenging Clan Achievements.

The game also features a robust faction-based PvP system. With the Cycle of Strife, players can band together to fight in an ongoing war in which the top player of the server will earn the Eternal Crown to become the leader of the Immortals. This puts them in the position of having to continuously defend their reign across a series of modes including brutal 1v30 showdowns.

Diablo Immortal will be free-to-play with optional in-game purchases, ensuring the core game experience will always be free. Developed by Blizzard Entertainment and NetEase, Diablo Immortal will be available at launch on iOS®, Android®, and Windows® PC via Battle.net®. Over 30 million players have already pre-registered across all platforms to gain access as soon as the game launches, preparing themselves for the battles to come. All players will receive the stunning Horadrim Cosmetic Set to celebrate this significant milestone when the game launches.* This is just the beginning, as new content will be released regularly to players for free in the years to come, including new zones, dungeons, and character classes.

Bold adventurers can find more information, as well as pre-register for Diablo Immortal at diabloimmortal.blizzard.com.

For screenshots and other assets, visit https://blizzard.gamespress.com/Diablo-Immortal.

*Players must log in to Diablo Immortal and complete the game’s tutorial within 30 days after release to claim the Horadrim Cosmetic Set. Offer can only be claimed for one character per account.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    DIABLO IMMORTAL LAUNCH DATE AND PC REVEAL HIGHLIGHTS
    Diablo® Immortal™ is an uncompromising AAA Diablo mobile experience featuring all the unbridled mayhem of the genre-defining action role-playing game franchise is known for but now in a massively multiplayer online world. Play anytime and anywhere with full cross-play and cross-progression between mobile and PC. As the first-ever MMOARPG of the series, Diablo Immortal offers rich social mechanics, a massive shared world where you will encounter other players, intense eight player-boss raid encounters, and more.

• OFFICIAL LAUNCH DATE: The gates of Hell are opening soon! Diablo Immortal will release in most regions on iOS, Android, and in Open Beta on Windows PC on June 2nd and later in June for select Asia Pacific regions.
    • CROSS-PLAY AND CROSS-PROGRESSION WITH PC: Blizzard’s mobile-first experience is also on Windows® PC via Battle.net®, allowing players to adventure with everyone across all platforms and to seamlessly move from PC to mobile device without skipping a beat.
    • PC OPEN BETA: Diablo Immortal on Windows PC will be in Open Beta at launch. During the beta, the entire game and all features, including cross-play and cross-progression, will be available to players. When the PC version leaves the beta all progress will be maintained.
    • GLOBAL EXCITEMENT: To celebrate over 30 million players worldwide pre-registering to play Diablo Immortal on iOS, Android, and Windows PC via Battle.net, all players will receive the stunning Horadrim Cosmetic Set!
    • MORE WAYS TO PLAY: On top of the hand-crafted fluid touch controls on mobile, Diablo Immortal will also have integrated controller support. For those who choose to play on PC, there will be traditional Diablo point-and-click keyboard and mouse functionality and WASD character movement for the first time in the franchise.
    • IN-DEPTH SOCIAL MECHANICS: Explore Sanctuary in the first MMOARPG of the Diablo franchise. Form Warbands to join forces with up to eight players to tackle targeted objectives as a team, join 150-member Clans to earn achievements, and participate in a server-wide PvP faction conflict between the Shadows and Immortals. Experience the bustling hub city of Westmarch, where players will gather to refill on goods at the market, craft powerful gems and upgrade gear, or take on hunts from the bounty board.
    • CYCLE OF STRIFE PVP: Players can band together to fight in a perpetual faction conflict as a member of either the Shadows or Immortals in the Cycle of Strife. The top player of the server will earn the Eternal Crown to become the leader of the Immortals and will need to defend their reign in a brutal 1v30 showdown against the Shadows.
    • DIVERSE CLASS OPTIONS: The return of six iconic classes–Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, Necromancer, and Wizard—reimagined for intuitive mobile play. Hunt for loads of Legendary gear and Set Items with game-changing affixes and bonuses that can completely switch up the playstyle for all classes.
    • A NEW CHAPTER IN THE DIABLO SAGA: A brand new story taking place between the events of Diablo II and Diablo III. The Lieutenant of Diablo himself, Skarn, is on a quest to gather the shattered pieces of the corrupted Worldstone and bring Sanctuary to its knees. With Tyrael presumed dead, players will partner with new and familiar characters in an expansive journey through 8 unique zones to gather the shards first.
    Last edited by Stoy; 2022-04-25 at 12:02 PM.

The madlads actually made it for PC surprised

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, I still don't have a phone.

I'll happily give this a go, but I'm not paying a penny. It should be a pretty good Deck experience until D4 lands.

General preps for World of Diablo or whatever they will call it.

Surely more hyped for this that Dragonflight.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I'm happy about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you look at that... They found our phones.

The beta was _incredibly_ pay to win. Calling this "optional in game purchases" is completely nonsensical.

I realise that this is the case for every mobile game, but just in case anyone had any ideas to the contrary because it's Blizzard or something, it's not.

You will not be competitive in this game without putting a LOT of money into the game. Don't even consider thinking you will be. You can play casually, and it's quite a good experience as a casual player, but some of the biggest systems in the game are competitive and you will not enjoy them if you don't pay a shitload of money. This includes your every day standard PvP, but it also includes the PvPvE style content with immortals and shadows, and everything in between.

Here's a video of a guy who's been playing since the alpha that goes through how pay to win affects this game. He writes for Maxroll.gg and will be paying to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwn-aVc13VY

Unless the monetisation of this game has MASSIVELY changed since the beta shut, don't go into it without expecting to pay like a Lost Ark whale or barely progress. It is not even just "it's totally fine to free-to-play, you can just do in 18 months what a whale can pay for in 3 seconds"; there are certain things that are _literally_ not available without paying money. You need some things that are not available except through money.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-04-25 at 12:21 PM.

I kind of take pity of you all that can't affor a smartphone 2022 /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, it's for PC as well now? Now that's a surprise. Is this the first time they announce that? You'd think a detail like that would have been announced ages a go.

Either way, I'm going to remain very skeptical on how it's going to play. It's still a Diablo game that's primarily made for phones, and apparently has a cross-platform support. That part with cross-platform scares me. Because it's going to have to be just as playable with a phone, as it is with a PC. I don't like the implications of that.

I wonder how good a mobile game ported to PC can be, especially knowing how pay to win all mobile games are

The issue will come if immortal is better the d4.

Guys, guys, guys, I got here as soon as I could.

Has anyone made a hilarious joke referencing "DONT YOU HAVE PHONES" yet? It's comedy gold every single time. Glad it will never get old.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    General preps for World of Diablo or whatever they will call it.

Surely more hyped for this that Dragonflight.
    What exactly is there to be hyped about?

Worse graphics then d3 and from what we know abssolutely 0 innovation besides being a cross platform game.

Like honestly.... what? What are you excited about?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    The issue will come if immortal is better the d4.
    A game built for mobile with a mobile economy ported to PC can't even compare to whatever D4 ends up being.

Quote Originally Posted by KvanCetre View Post

Has anyone made a hilarious joke referencing "DONT YOU HAVE PHONES" yet? It's comedy gold every single time. Glad it will never get old.
    we don't need phones anymore
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    So looks like they went back on their 'you all have phones right' comment and believed we didn't and made a PC port after all lol.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

So happy I didnt buy a phone for this game cause now its coming on PC!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    So looks like they went back on their 'you all have phones right' comment and believed we didn't and made a PC port after all lol.
    Probably why it took so long before it released. I've wondered why its been so long, this is probably the reason.

Diablo 4 cancelled now then? huehue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KvanCetre View Post

You are 100% correct. It will never get old and we will never let Blizzard forget it.

I have a phone and a PC, so I'll try it on both if there's no aggressive monetization.

Finally all of us without Phones can play it