Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    i like it as it is for now it doesnt have to impact on all of us right now. This sword should teach jailer how to play in background while we are doing other things, we know something about it, we know it is but we dont know anything more and thats fine

My God I wish people would let this go.

Is anyone freaking out over the Maelstrom? The giant scar in the world left by the Legion that leads to the World Pillar which would destroy Azeroth should it fall? No? Anyone?

Then the Sword is fine. We literally sapped all the bad stuff out of it. It’s a splinter. The story is done.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post

Is anyone freaking out over the Maelstrom? The giant scar in the world left by the Legion that leads to the World Pillar which would destroy Azeroth should it fall? No? Anyone?

Then the Sword is fine. We literally sapped all the bad stuff out of it. It’s a splinter. The story is done.
    Wait! What giant scar? Maelstrom was caused by the Legion? I’m actually surprised people care about the sword. I was getting worried that none cares anymore about the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post

Well, when you've been impaled by something, you don't cauterize around it and call it a day. Your splinter is half the size of the planet, that's like having a 1m-splinter embedded in your stomach, not very convenient. Additionally, correct me if I'm wrong here as I didn't follow in details that story, we have no way to be sure this sword isn't cutting through an important "system" or even the Titan's body itself, right ?

Anyway, yes, it's just another scar in Azeroth. But unlike other scars, it was completely forgotten and never mentioned anymore. The Maelstrom or Hyjal had recurrent follow-ups throughout the extension with some quests asking us to visit the place for whatever reasons, so at least you know it's monitored somehow and still exists.
    (talking about that, we'll see if Teldrassil is mentioned at one point in Dragonflight or not )

The sword was a less-than-one-expansion problem, despite it should have been way more than that.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-04-25 at 08:10 AM.

1+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the sword's story is done by now. The damned thing is dormant and there really is no need to awaken it again. Well, unless you want to clean up Azerite for two more expansions because some idiot decided to yank the sword right off Silithus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The sword was already dealt with we cleared the corruption and stabilizer the wound. There’s no way to remove it without re opening the wound and putting Azeroth in a worse state then the start of BFA.
    This. Anyone with even basic first aid knowledge knows you don't remove a stabbing implement from a body unless you're prepared to deal with the resulting wound and bleeding. We have no means to deal with a wound of that magnitude. Best case scenario is Silithus becomes a second Well of Eternity with no negative side effects. And considering the Titans themselves stopped removing OLD GODS because the knew one more huge wound like the Well COULD kill Azeroth it goes without saying.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

If we remove the sword itll become another well of eternity most likely.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, what do you want them to do with it?

It's a gigantic titan sword that's buried deep into the planet, just due to its size we can't really do anything with it.
    It doesn't pose a threat anyway as we sucked it dry at the end of legion, and even if we did remove it with some magic, then what? We'd just end up with another gushing wound like the original Well of Eternity.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well, when you've been impaled by something, you don't cauterize around it and call it a day. Your splinter is half the size of the planet, that's like having a 1m-splinter embedded in your stomach, not very convenient.
    Unless you have a surgeon and a clean enviroment around to safely remove it... you cut off the parts that stick out to far (if possible), clean the wound and then leave it alone until you can get back to the first point. Removing whatever you're impaled on is only advisable if either you have the medical tech available to do it reasonably safely and tend to the wound immediately, or when not doing so is definitely going to get you killed (e.g. you'd be stuck under a big falling rock).

What you're suggesting will more likely than not lead to bleeding out and dying or getting the wound seriously infected. And dying.

they'll probably just build a city around it for the people crazy enough to live in Silly Fuss. put in some elevators, build an observatory on the top...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well, when you've been impaled by something, you don't cauterize around it and call it a day. Your splinter is half the size of the planet, that's like having a 1m-splinter embedded in your stomach, not very convenient. Additionally, correct me if I'm wrong here as I didn't follow in details that story, we have no way to be sure this sword isn't cutting through an important "system" or even the Titan's body itself, right ?

Anyway, yes, it's just another scar in Azeroth. But unlike other scars, it was completely forgotten and never mentioned anymore. The Maelstrom or Hyjal had recurrent follow-ups throughout the extension with some quests asking us to visit the place for whatever reasons, so at least you know it's monitored somehow and still exists.
    (talking about that, we'll see if Teldrassil is mentioned at one point in Dragonflight or not )

The sword was a less-than-one-expansion problem, despite it should have been way more than that.
    Pretty sure if something major was being cut Magni would say something, that's pretty much his job.
    We didn't forget the sword, shit just keeps happening drawing our attention elsewhere. The scourge started rampaging, then several leaders got kidnapped by winged people from the sky, then the jailer. We'll get to it someday.

People need to stop thinking they will. They put that there because of mornic writing and pulling it out is too much effort. It's gonna stay there for the forseeable future. Doing another take on Silithus is probably not very high up their list in the first place. An exception would be stuff like full world revamp, but this is out of the question as well, since WoW seems to receive mostly support to keep it milkable, but the time for big investments is probably over. Partial revamps are probably better used in zones that have more interesting stories to tell.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    This. Anyone with even basic first aid knowledge knows you don't remove a stabbing implement from a body unless you're prepared to deal with the resulting wound and bleeding. We have no means to deal with a wound of that magnitude. Best case scenario is Silithus becomes a second Well of Eternity with no negative side effects. And considering the Titans themselves stopped removing OLD GODS because the knew one more huge wound like the Well COULD kill Azeroth it goes without saying.
    What the hell does basic first aid knowledge have to do with a gigantic mystical sword manifested in deep space and embedded into a planet? Clearly Ion is being hyperbolic by saying splinter. No splinter that size in relation to your body would just be sitting there forever and you paid it no mind.

Anyone with basic knowledge of first aid would realize the person with that splinter would probably die from internal damage before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    What the hell does basic first aid knowledge have to do with a gigantic mystical sword manifested in deep space and embedded into a planet? Clearly Ion is being hyperbolic by saying splinter. No splinter that size in relation to your body would just be sitting there forever and you paid it no mind.

Anyone with basic knowledge of first aid would realize the person with that splinter would probably die from internal damage before too long.
    If you don't have any means of removing it safely? Yes, it would be sitting there forever. Why do you think people live with shrapnel in their body?

Maybe actually inform yourself on the topic. Also, please don't tend to anybody with major objects lodged in their body, you'd probably kill them. Faster than the object would, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

My bet is far ahead in the future, we bring Sargeras to be our friend, and he take his sword back
    The way Blizzard has been putting big name characters back on the shelf after playing with them tells me that our final encounter with the void lords or whatever will 100 percent put all the pieces back on the table, including Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I like how we are literal (repeated) god killers, yet peoe on this thread acting like we have zero power to remove some sword just because it's big.

Also removing it isn't going to "open up a huge wound" since ole" Ion himself it was nothing but a sliver. Howany slivers y'all leave in yourselves cuz you were afraid of it?
    There's a fairly major difference between making something stop moving and removing it physically. We generally didn't kill these gods by seizing their body and suplexing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I vaguely recall a developer "promise" that the remains of Gorribal in Silithus would be an important part of Shadowlands, Does anyone happen to have a source for this on hand by chance? Did some cursory Googling but I can't seem to find when and who said it originally, so I can't confirm if I'm just misremembering something.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it is funny memes and all that but I share the sentiment of many in this thread.

It has already been dealt with. Im sure they can do something with it later, but honestly i do not think it is necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's a fairly major difference between making something stop moving and removing it physically. We generally didn't kill these gods by seizing their body and suplexing it.
    I would be down for that though.

A weapon to suplex metal gear. I mean, sargeras.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Like its been said many times, it isnt ignored, its dealt with, we had a hole expansion where we gathered power and gave it all up to deal with the sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I vaguely recall a developer "promise" that the remains of Gorribal in Silithus would be an important part of Shadowlands, Does anyone happen to have a source for this on hand by chance? Did some cursory Googling but I can't seem to find when and who said it originally, so I can't confirm if I'm just misremembering something.
    Not sure if it was really a promise or considered an "important part" of the expansion but they did mention during one of the lore interviews during Shadowlands development that the sword wasn't as big a threat as before but it would get addressed in the expansion and I remember people then immediately started speculating everything from the Jailer was going to pull the sword from the planet and wield it in the final raid to Azeroth waking up in the final patch and using it to decapitate the Jailer.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity