Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Overall I count it as a success but on smaller servers it was just a massive ballache with the costs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game needs to provide alternate progression at max level because shockingly enough not everybody wants to log in after a long day of work and beat their dicks against the same raid boss while being told by a bunch of arrogant cock suckers that they suck and need to bring it up. The legendaries were a good way to do this and they probably should continue with it. Every complaint about being forced is perfect.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The game needs to provide alternate progression at max level because shockingly enough not everybody wants to log in after a long day of work and beat their dicks against the same raid boss while being told by a bunch of arrogant cock suckers that they suck and need to bring it up. The legendaries were a good way to do this and they probably should continue with it. Every complaint about being forced is perfect.
    Explain why it is better then a natural difficulty curve? Wow shouldn't cater to hardcore players that don't want to engage with a video game but instead want a cow clicker designed as a life fulfillment simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    I realize it was an attempt to step away from the RNG legendaries that we had before, but the way it turned out to be was more a cash grab for blizzard.

Crafters profit is near 0 with all expensive secondary mats needed, while buyers have to be spending anywhere from 40-200k just to be relevant with their maxed leggo slots for one spec. If we start getting into off specs and alts, i think people are easily spending towards 1m gold.

How do average players make that much money? They don't, they buy tokens.

I'm already spending 15 euros a month to play, i dont really want to be spending another 20 euros to equip my must-have gear.

inb4, yeah have fun grinding out that gold with dailies. Nobody got time for that.
    I don't think there's really any denying that the legendary system this time around boosted token sales. But, with the price of 291s now you can make that gold in a week with only callings - in a day if you farm any high value mats (dependent on server).

There's two sides to this token, but this system was still better than Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I think I agree that it’s healthier that gold can be used as an alternative to obtaining competitive gear, but not the only path.
    This. I have no problem with p2w in games, but this system was introduced, so they sell more WoW tokens. I‘d rather spend the gold on tokens than on gear that will be invalidated a few months later.

What does this have to do with the crafted legendary system

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Explain why it is better then a natural difficulty curve? Wow shouldn't cater to hardcore players that don't want to engage with a video game but instead want a cow clicker designed as a life fulfillment simulator.
    Their is no such thing as a natural difficulty curve it its all arbitrary. They could make the game alot easier and approachable for literally everybody else but a handful of hardcore clowns and then say this the "natural difficulty curve". Aside from that fact though the point is that people coming home after a long day of dealing with shit really have no concept of a difficulty curve. The fact that you had to reference that misses the point entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ActuaryBro View Post
    What does this have to do with the crafted legendary system
    The crafted legendaries are alternate progression systems.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Their is no such thing as a natural difficulty curve it its all arbitrary. They could make the game alot easier and approachable for literally everybody else but a handful of hardcore clowns and then say this the "natural difficulty curve". Aside from that fact though the point is that people coming home after a long day of dealing with shit really have no concept of a difficulty curve. The fact that you had to reference that misses the point entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

The crafted legendaries are alternate progression systems.
    I mean its another topic so I wont go into it.

As for crafted leggos they felt more like plugging a hole that should of been given to you at level cap more then some kind of special powerful item.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean its another topic so I wont go into it.

As for crafted leggos they felt more like plugging a hole that should of been given to you at level cap more then some kind of special powerful item.
    They offered players a way to progress their characters meaningfully at max level. It feels to you like plugging a hole because you only want to raid and the raids are balanced around having them so it just seems natural.
    The hammer comes down:

They offered players a way to progress their characters meaningfully at max level. It feels to you like plugging a hole because you only want to raid and the raids are balanced around having them so it just seems natural.
    Meaningful progression is clicking a button on the ah now?

I'd say between Questline, RNG drops or crafting the legendary, Shadowlands had the worst system. I'd rather deal with RNG than knowing exactly how much Torghast I have to spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meaningful progression is clicking a button on the ah now?
    Who are you to say otherwise?
    The hammer comes down:

Who are you to say otherwise?
    When you make a statement that strikes deep and sundered your opponents argument you never explain nor answer questions to dilute it.

You leave it to stand and revel in the silence.

I realize it was an attempt to step away from the RNG legendaries that we had before, but the way it turned out to be was more a cash grab for blizzard.

Crafters profit is near 0 with all expensive secondary mats needed, while buyers have to be spending anywhere from 40-200k just to be relevant with their maxed leggo slots for one spec. If we start getting into off specs and alts, i think people are easily spending towards 1m gold.

Not so much failed, as the new crafting revamp in shadowlands is an evolution of how legendary crafting works right now. An analog to Essentia will likely be very rare & be what you need to make the strongest gear.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    the fact that you think performance means only output shows you can keep spending gold on ilevel, but still keep failing basic mechanics, making the former redundant.
    You can be decked out in grey gear and still do the mechanics properly - but that doesnt change the fact that if you switch out the grey gear for bis you avoided a 2% wipe. Your actual numbers dont really matter in lfr though so i guess thats where you are getting that idea.

Crafters profit is near 0

Lol, I made millions. Crafters profits are no where near zero unless you are trying to sell some 3 months into the patch after everyone has already bought their leggos. At that point it is your fault for continuing to craft them.

I'm already spending 15 euros a month to play, i dont really want to be spending another 20 euros to equip my must-have gear.

inb4, yeah have fun grinding out that gold with dailies. Nobody got time for that.
    farmed some herbs and ore, easy gold. but its annoying nontheless with how expensive they are to make and how much they end up costing. not fun throwing out 120k for a single piece

10+ Year Old Account
    When you make a statement that strikes deep and sundered your opponents argument you never explain nor answer questions to dilute it.

You leave it to stand and revel in the silence.
    Except you weren't silent you responded anyway with some pithy bullshit expected to impress people who love their own farts.
    The hammer comes down:

One of the biggest economical problems with SL legendaries is, that you can craft them without ever having to step a foot out of the city.
    Rich AH tycoons bought all available mats and ruined mat prices. Then turbolevelled all recipes across multiple professions just through AH and gold and were the only ones able to craft for some time, raking in multiples of the milions they spent for mats.

If that system was to revive crafting and let it work as an innocent approach, you should have made the main mats BoP and requiring you to gather them yourself.

That would have been the only way.

But since the ridiculous gold prices push token sales........

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You can be decked out in grey gear and still do the mechanics properly - but that doesnt change the fact that if you switch out the grey gear for bis you avoided a 2% wipe. Your actual numbers dont really matter in lfr though so i guess thats where you are getting that idea.
    Except we arent talking about grey gear, we are talking about 1, maximum of 2 pieces of gear. there is "reasonable optimizations" and there is "missing 1 small optimization worth 1.4%". 1.4% dps on a patchwerk which will translate to even less on actual fights.

but unfortunately a lot of players think if they get that last optimization, which is essentially the only one that costs a significant amount of gold, they will do better. you wont do better, you will still fail the same mechanics you failed before, therefore you are better off learning those mechanics, than getting 291 lego over a 262 one.