Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Where do you think we will go after Dragonflight?

I know it is early, but I wonder what's left? Another cosmic expansion? What could we expect? Which story is still untold?
    Last edited by exsanguinate; 2022-04-24 at 11:05 PM.

Probably Light vs Void expansion.

Wherever it is, I hope it's not somewhere where 5D Chess is popular.

Obviously Light and Void. Much like MoP and WoD, Dragonflight is just a fun side distraction before the main Cosmic showdown. It was already stated by Xal'atath that the eternal conflict between Light and Void is the ultimate war and even the Burning Crusade of Sargeras paled in comparison to that. Zovaal the Jailer, terrified by the power of the Void Lords, attempted to remake reality to stop the "true enemy" (a feeling that is reciprocated, the Void Lords also saw the Jailer as the true enemy).

With Sargeras and Zovaal both defeated, the opportunity presents itself for both Void and Light to make their move in the Cosmos, but naturally this also means that mortals will be at the centre of it all. I predict that the Void elves, the first mortals who successfully defied the Shadows' whispers, will play a particularly pivotal role in the upcoming Cosmic conflict.

Either way, it's basically confirmed that 11.0 will be about the Light and the Void and their conflict, which is the most ancient and most important conflict in existence.

I've been longing for an underground expansion for years, but at this point it's clear that Blizzard's imagination has dried up long ago and we'll never get it. More than likely we'll just get an expansion about evil Turalyon. Boo.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    I know it is early, but I wonder what's left? Another cosmic expansion? What could we expect?
    Shadowlands and back to the maw. We would by then fill it up with dragons and it was the plan all the way.

Assuming that we're going to continue the grounded > cosmic > grounded > cosmic pattern, my best guess would be K'aresh, the homeworld of the Ethereals.

Quote Originally Posted by sneedlewoods View Post
    Probably to hell.
    We already did two demon expansions and an afterlife expansion. I don't see how WoW could shove traditional Dante's Inferno imagery into WoW and have it make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    We already did two demon expansions and an afterlife expansion. I don't see how WoW could shove traditional Dante's Inferno imagery into WoW and have it make sense.
    No I meant we are going to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I've been longing for an underground expansion for years
    Yeah, Hollow Azeroth, yeah!

Doesnt matter where it is, all we know for 100% fact is the expansion will be based around the new class - Tinker. So anywhere that has a theme that lines up with Tinker i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    I know it is early, but I wonder what's left? Another cosmic expansion? What could we expect? Which story is still untold?
    Hopefully underground so that we can make 12.0 be some outward horrible idea but needed to be done to make Light Vs. Void.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Doesnt matter where it is, all we know for 100% fact is the expansion will be based around the new class - Tinker. So anywhere that has a theme that lines up with Tinker i guess.
    Give it up already.

If Nozdormu becomes important i could see Dragonflight ending with the creation of the infinite dragonflight and Nozdormu becoming Murozond leading into a void expansion.

That could be pretty cool.

By the way i'd find it much more interesting if it was a life/azeroth vs void then a light vs void expansion. At this point i dont really feel like we would nessesarily be on the side of the light in a showdown between those two.

It could be a tripple showdown: Light vs void vs life/azeroth.

Emerald Dream or South Seas
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

10+ Year Old Account
    Underground would be my first choice, but I also did a South Seas concept that would tackle a lot of the island zones we have yet to fully explore.

I think South Seas and a 'Hollow Azeroth' concept would tackle anything that is possibly left on Azeroth itself, beyond the revamp of older zones - revising Gadgetzan and Un'Goro Crater with their Hearthstone equivalents would be awesome, as would something to revive Silithus and Ahn'Qiraj.

There are any number of other worlds we could visit as part of larger cosmic-related expansions - K'aresh, Terratus, and Doomworld are all ones I'm hoping we get to one day.

Wherever we go, Azeroth (Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms) need a revamp. It's fucking ridiculous that new players are being directed to level in an expansion, without actually getting to fall in love with the world of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveBy21 View Post
    Wherever we go, Azeroth (Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms) need a revamp. It's fucking ridiculous that new players are being directed to level in an expansion, without actually getting to fall in love with the world of Azeroth.
    Yet another revamp isn't going to solve the atrocious new player experience. The story is already bifurcated across multiple games, novels, trailers, comics, animated shorts, etc. Mind as well just remake Warcraft.

Hopefully another Azerothian hidden land with new landscapes and cultures to discover that have nothing to do with the cosmos or the end of the world.