15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I adore this fan art, the closer to this we can get with the visage the better
    Dragon xpac looks cool
    However I am not a fan of human females due to their animations. THe looks are nice and the faces and so on but the animations are so... tumbling? My english is too bad
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Dragon xpac looks cool
    However I am not a fan of human females due to their animations. THe looks are nice and the faces and so on but the animations are so... tumbling? My english is too bad
    Honestly I kinda like most female human animations, *except* the Walk and Run cycles.

Blizz seems allergic to long hairstyles at time, so I hope the Dracthyr do get long hair like that fanart.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-04-25 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    They'll likely make them obsolete during prepatch. Wasn't it during Prepatch in Legion that we gave up our artifact powers? Borrowed powers tend to be handed back in during the prepatch for next expansion
    Ion mentionned we'll still be able to use the covenant because he specifically talked about how a druid couldn't use 2 different "convoke the spirit" cd. Because you get one from the convenant and one from the talent tree. He said if you use either, the cd will apply to both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    Sorry I meant specifically for evokers. Did they say anything about that? Because I missed it if they did.
    No they did not, afaik.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Does anyone know where is this art from? Is it available yet?
    It's an additional key art variant by Bayard Wu, so you'll probably have to wait until either he or Blizzard release it. My guess (given how its front-facing and from the leak we know it's a square framed shot of her at slightly more than waist up) is that this one was made to be the box/cover art--her and the background version of her roaring will fit nicely in the box's ring. So you might be waiting until whenever preorders open up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The idea behind the crafting revamp is to create community interaction - not to "make most out of it" for solo players.
    Crafting & Gathering is at its core a solo experience. To which I think it's a great idea to have crafting be their stand-in for nightmare visions & torghast. The need to encourage community interaction is paramount, but for the same reason they're never going to remove LFG & queues is because they don't want to alienate players for the times when they don't particularly want to socialize.

Also you phrase it like that was the design philosophy going into it. When in actually the WoW dev's philosophy towards the new crafting system is "make it like FFXIV." They showed a mockup in the hazelnutty interveiw that they made when began developing it & it's identical to the FFXIV crafting window.

I wonder if crafting will have rotations now and stuff? Or is it just pure UI revamp with other things added in. I kinda... liked the current/old crafting in wow. Just clicking one button. Was kinda relaxing.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength."
    Do we know what this one was referring to? Could have something to do with The Primalists
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Oh interesting, I didn't know about Utgarde, or if I ever did, I forgot years ago!
    It originally included Utgarde Catacombs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So yeah, it has begun;

I think Blizzard might have a winner on their hands.
    These would sell visage to me more than humans. There is just something uncanny about female human model/animations that I can't put my finger on, but I strongly dislike

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Does anyone know where is this art from? Is it available yet?

it is here:
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/g8qRaK

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    That's not the same artwork.

Formerly known as Arafal

Why do I feel so much connection to the Black Dragonflight? Am I evil or something?
    No, Teriz, you're not evil. Annoying and super persistent sometimes, but I don't think you're generally a bad person.

Black Dragons are cool and are probably one of the most interesting of the Dragonflights lore and character-wise. Liking darker elements and characters doesn't make you evil. What you say and how you behave towards others determines how you are perceived.

The black dragons were once noble protectors of Azeroth and of the races who inhabit her, led by Neltharion the Earthwarder at the height of glory and prosperity. Then came the fall and it was mighty one at that. Neltharion was corrupted and maddened, the rest of his flight followed him to their destruction. Then, when all seemed lost, Wrathion came to be thanks to Rheastrasza's meddling in Cataclysm. He's trying to bring his flight back from the precipice of extinction, to redeem them and recover their lost legacy as protectors of Azeroth. It also helps most black dragons looking fucking cool.I tend to like characters/races who had a fall, fight their dark natures and wish to reform.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Faced Goddess View Post
    No, Teriz, you're not evil. Annoying and super persistent sometimes, but I don't think you're generally a bad person.

Black Dragons are cool and are probably one of the most interesting of the Dragonflights lore and character-wise. Liking darker elements and characters doesn't make you evil. What you say and how you behave towards others determines how you are perceived.

The black dragons were once noble protectors of Azeroth and of the races who inhabit her, led by Neltharion the Earthwarder at the height of glory and prosperity. Then came the fall and it was mighty one at that. Neltharion was corrupted and maddened, the rest of his flight followed him to their destruction. Then, when all seemed lost, Wrathion came to be thanks to Rheastrasza's meddling in Cataclysm. He's trying to bring his flight back from the precipice of extinction, to redeem them and recover their lost legacy as protectors of Azeroth. It also helps most black dragons looking fucking cool.I tend to like characters/races who had a fall, fight their dark natures and wish to reform.
    You can like darker characters as much as one wants, just don't bullshit about their actions.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You can like darker characters as much as one wants, just don't bullshit about their actions.
    Very true. I liked the Lich King, but I'm not going to deny that he was an evil fuck and that he committed atrocities. That said, liking darker/evil characters doesn't imply anything about you unless you are okay with their actions. Some of the Sylvanas stans on Twitter worry me more than a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Faced Goddess View Post

Yeah, Wrathion is one of my favorite WoW characters at the moment, and I always thought Deathwing was cool because of the Cataclysm art;

Always loved this image.
    Hopefully a Dracthyr skin allows me to have lava oozing out of its body.

Yeah, Wrathion is one of my favorite WoW characters at the moment, and I always thought Deathwing was cool because of the Cataclysm art;

Always loved this image.
    Hopefully a Dracthyr skin allows me to have lava oozing out of its body.
    I like Wrathion too. I loved Deathwing's voice, but then again I like deep voices and I'm biased towards Michael McConnohie whose Lich King voice I also loved. Gods that must have been rough on the throat. Yes, that image is perfect in its portrayal of Deathwing as this primal colossus of magma and earth whose raw power is relentlessly corrupting his form. It evokes feelings of dread in me. DW really loved killing me during Cata almost as much as the Lich King did throughout leveling in Wrath.

I hope so too.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    These would sell visage to me more than humans. There is just something uncanny about female human model/animations that I can't put my finger on, but I strongly dislike
    That's my main concern. The human female model is okay, I think, but the animations are awful, and don't even really fit with WoW (human males also have some issues, but not as severe). I say that having played one for several years too. WoW has a lot of animation sets that could use updating, but none are closer to as bad as human females.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Great catch No, I didn't think of Azshara at the time, more of Stormheim. But I can totally agree with you there
    Its really getting odd isn't it. Sure it could and probably is just them wanting to cash in on nostalgia, but a lot of zone art looks like it would be perfect for a world revamp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why not? It really isn't that much effort to do Season 4. It also can be using stuff that would exist in 10.0 so even if it is cancelled it might still show in-game or at least on the PTR.

- - - Updated - - -

Scaleface said classic in September and retail in November.
    I don't think we are going to see a longer season 4.

Personally guessing 6 months of season 3, and 5.5-6 months of Season 4.

Season 3 start. March 1
    Seasong 4 start. My guess is somewhere around September 20th.
    Prepatch- March 7th 2023.
    Dragonflight launch March 21st 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Crafting & Gathering is at its core a solo experience. To which I think it's a great idea to have crafting be their stand-in for nightmare visions & torghast. The need to encourage community interaction is paramount, but for the same reason they're never going to remove LFG & queues is because they don't want to alienate players for the times when they don't particularly want to socialize.

Also you phrase it like that was the design philosophy going into it. When in actually the WoW dev's philosophy towards the new crafting system is "make it like FFXIV." They showed a mockup in the hazelnutty interveiw that they made when began developing it & it's identical to the FFXIV crafting window.
    I think they could create world events that award some of the rarer or at least more valuable reagents which would require player cooperation. Give everyone a reason to do them ofc.
    Personally always though gathering professions should be turned secondary. Let everyone gather and adjust recipes accordingly (by requiring more mats). If you let everyone gather, you can add a lot more world content related to gathering. That way you can replace the timegating of crafting with reagent scarcity by linking them to world quests like Legion did. Then imo they should just add a lot of reagents into instanced content. Not a single type reagent but a wealth of them that match thematically specific bosses in dungeons and raids. You can gate ilvl there by making different quality levels depending on difficulty or even make it a lottery and give people a tiny chance to loot the item in LFR while making it almost certain to loot it from Mythic. Heck you can even return crafting to PvP; let us loot medals and insignias and similar items at BG completion which can be used for crafting; one of the biggest issues with the current loot system is that there is a massive barrier to entry since optimized PvP gear, even at low ilvl, is so much better for PvP than what you get in PvE.