Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marulol View Post
    Naw. Rdf makes the world feel empty. Everyone just sits in town and spams rdf all day.
    Everyone currently sits in town and does nothing. Would you rather play the game or do nothing?

Author of ALL THE THINGS - Collections addon for Completionists

You can play retail then! Classic wow is for those who want the social aspect. Rdf gives none of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can play retail then! Classic wow is for those who want the social aspect. Rdf gives none of that.
    You need to read the post because clearly you didn't.

the only "downside" i can see for RDF not being a thing in classic wrath is for those on dead servers or servers with heavily unbalanced factions, the RDF would've been cross realm which could have those people doing something instead of waiting days upon end to try and get a group for a normal instance while leveling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    People are being very upset about a feature that shouldn't be in the game until the last wotlk classic phase.

Even if they didn't decide to ditch the system completely and introduce it to wotlk, we're still 10-12 months away (from launch) for it to be implemented. It's really strange to me that this is what makes them not play wotlk, when 76% of the game wouldn't have it to begin with.
    oh so maybe they should turn off achievements and also classes balance from previous patches because those features shouldn't be in the game until the last wotlk classic phase

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw. Rdf makes the world feel empty. Everyone just sits in town and spams rdf all day. Also I have made an extensive list on the global ignore addon of people that I will never group with again because they were that bad and I've used that addon to avoid them in the future (the addon will tell me if there's someone in group who I've ive ignored. I can then check the note and see why I ignored them.

It'll be the same in wrath and if rdf is in place I won't be able to do that anymore because they'll be on different realms. The amount of ninja'ing and toxicity will go through the roof because there is no accountability. That person most likely will never be see again giving them free will to just do it again.

I'm not even going to go into the issue of dps queing as tank.

Oh wow. Its better to sit in town for hours and use dogshit addons like Bulletin to do the same thing only in a disjointed worse way than RDF ?
    Did a dungeon yesterday in TBC. The only word used the entire run was "inv" at the start. Grouped with a bunch of nobody strangers that I won't run into to mostly likely again. Such a superior socializing experience! You have to sit for hours staring in addons like Bulletin also due to 90% of any runs being boosting / selling crap.
    There are literally zero reasons not to have RDF.

- - - Updated - - -

Classic wow is for those who want the social aspect.
    What social aspect ? Tell me again about the magical social aspects of Bulletin. If there is no need for RDF and everyone just wants your supposed non-existent socializing then why are people forced to use those type of add-ons ?

Again I get a strong feeling you people don't even play the game. Everyone I talk to in-game says they would want RDF.

It's the influencers that keeps saying "we want this".
    Yet they don't face the problems the majority of players do, they can get a full group within minutes.

Also the "social" thing, i don't believe it. We as a community create it. I've been on retail LFR with very social groups.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    This entire myth of mmo's as a social thing needs stop,this isnt 2001-2005 anymore,people dont play mmo's for the social aspect,its not a novelty anymore,people who want to socialize have facebook/grindr/youtube/etc

as an example i havent made a single friend in wow after maybe tbc by just randomly meeting someone,i made some in vanila that i still know today,but thats it....everyone else i met in my guild or befriended from another friend,these random social encounters out in the wild that spark everlasting friendships just dont happen like they used to
    I dont know.. I mean, when im on retail characters its mostly a solo experience. The only sosial interaction there is, happens when something goes wrong in a raid or m+ run.

But when im leveling a character on BC classic I often group up with people. Both for dungeons(duh) and out in the world. Its like the world, zones & quests are buildt for player interaction were grouping up is recommended and worthwhile. I often group with someone out in the world for a quest and more often than not, we stay grouped and do other quests to help eachother. And not to forget - its highly better to clear mobs/quests in grp than solo. In retail you can do everything in the world easily alone. Its also rather normal to help ppl out with quests. Theres rarely any need of that in retail.
    Its just something there with that version of wow.

When it comes to dungeons; The people I met out in the world is often those I do dungeons with too. If not, doing dungeon runs with strangers usually ends up with little talking. Probably cause most runs are easy enough.

When I think of it - dungeons were never really the big social hub in the first place. Thats not where I actually engaged with people alot, but it happens. its more of; "Hey my friends are online, im going to ask if they want to do a dungeon" OR "I want to clear this dungeon but no friends are online. Oh well, i'll find a pug".

Dungeons should mean an enhanced social experience with the grp you are going with. As such, having a background to develop "friendships" outside of dungeons is important.
    Think of m+ in retail; Doing a high m+ key is probably not the best place to create positive social interaction.

Maybe that doesnt happen alot in 2022, but I do experience it alot more in classic & bc.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2022-04-25 at 12:37 PM.

Im proly gonna play wrath classic,but ill play it with existing friends,and ofc i will look for a guild,but i will look for a guild for gameplay purposes not to find my soulmate :/ my point is that no1 plays mmo's these days specificaly for THAT,even people who ERP dont do that
    I do. And I know others that do. So your post is just wrong.

However, I don’t see how spamming /2 LFG is more sociable than LFD tool. Especially with how easy HC dungeons are in WOTLK

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I do. And I know others that do. So your post is just wrong.

However, I don’t see how spamming /2 LFG is more sociable than LFD tool. Especially with how easy HC dungeons are in WOTLK
    There are easier way and less toxic was to find friends m8,check out facebook or grindr

10+ Year Old Account
    There are easier way and less toxic was to find friends m8,check out facebook or grindr
    Nah, pretty sure Grindr is a lot more like RDF than you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rdf makes the world feel empty. Everyone just sits in town and spams rdf all day.
    That's different how from sitting in town all day and spamming chat channels looking for a group? Getting a group together outside of something like a guild is hardly social in the real sense.

Someone earlier had it right: How many friends have you added and kept in the game? That's social. There's very little about any kind of pickup group that is even mildly social.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-04-25 at 11:43 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I don't see a major problem with RDF. Kind of confusing why they would remove it. Really the only reason their lower level content gets seen in the later versions of the game unless its a mage or paladin boosting people though it. Until you hit a certain item level threshold you cant really take advantage of it for a mega que off or anything either. World pvp is all but dead either because realms are so lopsided it cannot exist and on the ones that aren't no one cares because you don't get anything from it. So that isn't really a lose.

I understand you can play the slippery slop argument that it was the start of the modern game. But RDF was really never the issue.

hmmm… classic players or forum classic posters are some strange type of persons. and this is said by me, playing wow without sub interruption or gaming interruption since 2005. /rolleyes

also not sure which ppls discussing here, tbh.

- old school players coming back after years for Wrath Classic ?
    - ppl that never played Wrath in 2008-2010 ?
    - ppl that played Retail somewhen after Legion and wanna play the xpac all wow players calling „the best“ ?
    - ppl that never played Wrath as well as never played any Classic version (WOW classic, TBCC) at all ?

strange ppls in here imo
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-26 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    oh so maybe they should turn off achievements and also classes balance from previous patches because those features shouldn't be in the game until the last wotlk classic phase
    Those are not expansion features, but yeah they should have been doing progressive patches from the start of Classic, i've been asking for it since day 1.

Initially classic did not have the patch-by-patch data from 2004, but since TBC they should have everything on hand, so there's no reason for them to not have true progressive patches and certainly not with WotLK. Regardless, it's really stupid to equate a system like LFD with class balance.

As for Achievements, they've been in since 3.0.2 which is the WotLK prepatch dno what you're on about there.

People are being very upset about a feature that shouldn't be in the game until the last wotlk classic phase.

Even if they didn't decide to ditch the system completely and introduce it to wotlk, we're still 10-12 months away (from launch) for it to be implemented. It's really strange to me that this is what makes them not play wotlk, when 76% of the game wouldn't have it to begin with.
    Actually 52% of the game. 3.3 lasted 48% of Wotlk's life span.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are against RDF, then you could just stick to Vanilla and TBC.

You don't get to decide for whom Classic WoW is.

And the point of Classic was to bring back the original gameplay back as close as possible. And RDF was absolutely a part of Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Crieve View Post
    As a tank, I was very much looking forward to logging in, grabbing 3-4 guildies and using RDF to get an instant queue to a dungeon. I get the bonus reward for queuing as a tank (badges, gold, etc) and my guildies get a free instant queue. It’s exceptionally beneficial for everyone with guildies or friends that play together, particularly the DPS that usually sit around for hours or don’t do dungeons at all. Best part is when Timmy needs to go to bed at 9 PM, the 4 of you can queue up again and fill with a random instantly.

My best memories from original Wrath were actually doing exactly this with my guildies. I joined a progression guild at the start of ICC and no one knew me. Over the course of a weekend I had met and tanked for every person in that raid group using RDF and when I stepped into ICC for the first time with them on a Tuesday, everyone knew who I was and what my skillset was, etc.

Just because “RDF” has the word “random” in it, the only thing that’s actually random if you use it the right way is the dungeon that gets selected. But it can also be used as a tool for getting that last body you need to fill a dungeon group and even a tool for running around the world doing quests while waiting to be popped into one of those groups. It helps both spectrums of players! Those with friends and those without!

That’s what people coming from Retail hating the current Dungeon Finder need to realize. RDF in Wrath with a guild or a bunch of friends was literally the best experience ever. I still remember logging into my paladin tank in Dal and getting a whisper from non-guildie friends begging me to queue with their DPS mains for the instant queues. I can’t tell you how many friends I made that way since my non-guildie friends were usually grouped with 2-3 other players from our server waiting on a tank like me to login or join the queue!

My experience with LFG chat in TBC after Phase 2 has been extremely underwhelming and if it continues to be filled with boosters rather than players, I can’t see myself leveling all that many alts this time around. In original Wrath, I had 8 level 80s with full Heirloom gear after starting the expansion with only one character. I did A LOT of RDF. Bare in mind RDF wasn’t released until the start of ICC, so I did all of that in a year while also raiding at the highest level of available content for the time.

I should also mention that since RDF could be used during leveling, I used that opportunity to post the message “Hey everyone, this is my first time playing (so and so class), so if you have pointers, I’d love to hear about it.” Everyone in RDF was also leveling alts at the time, so people that mained those classes would just spew useful tips for playing the class/role I was playing in party/whisper. I think at least one time an RDF group just sat at the start of the instance (SFK) and posted helpful tips for everyone else. The tank would chime in “I’ve never pally tanked before”, well, there was my go-to thing. I had a macro for new pally tanks setup that I would post for the new pally tanks or a general tanking macro for the warriors/dks/druids.

The community in RDF was surprisingly helpful if you simply started a conversation. And new players see these interactions and would pick up the helpful tips that might be relevant to their class as well. It’s a win for everyone! Also it’s always a good thing to see engagement at low levels in dungeons among other players otherwise everyone expects everyone else to already play like professionals and when they don’t, they get sour. Wrath was the period for new players and is widely considered one of the most successful periods of socialization in the game’s history. Dare I say a lot of this can be attributed to the success of RDF.

To be honest when the Lead Classic Dev said there would be no RDF at all, I got up and walked away from the computer because I was in absolute shock to hear them say that. I would love to see it at launch, but I would understand 100% if it was delayed until a later phase since that would match the original timeline. I don’t know who the majority of the people they are talking to about this issue, but clearly those people didn’t play Wrath back then or are ignorant to the social benefits of its inclusion. I hope my post widens the viewpoints of those adamantly against RDF. I was against RDF for Classic and TBC as I wanted the experience to be as accurate to the original as possible, but Wrath was where it was introduced and at this stage of the game, the barrier to entry for new players wanting to experience Wrath is so high that the game is more likely to die than it is to thrive.

We suffered through the World Buff Meta thanks to #nochanges and I’ll be damned if we suffer Wrath without any RDF because of those same people are now spewing the opposite propaganda when it doesn’t suit them, or so they think. If you give Wrath RDF a chance, I promise you, you’ll regret not being pro-RDF the same way we all regret dealing with World Buffs all of Classic and not being able to play our main characters for most of the week.

My original post on the US WoW Forums can be found here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-think/1227086
    You can also add your opinion to the straw poll link, even if you disagree: https://strawpoll.com/polls/jVyGJaER1Z7

DF is not even remotely social. You wrote a giant wall of text that is 100% useless and a huge waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I don't see a major problem with RDF. Kind of confusing why they would remove it. Really the only reason their lower level content gets seen in the later versions of the game unless its a mage or paladin boosting people though it. Until you hit a certain item level threshold you cant really take advantage of it for a mega que off or anything either. World pvp is all but dead either because realms are so lopsided it cannot exist and on the ones that aren't no one cares because you don't get anything from it. So that isn't really a lose.

I understand you can play the slippery slop argument that it was the start of the modern game. But RDF was really never the issue.
    People blame RDF for killing social interactions and for creating a more toxic environment, implying that the community was so much better before it.
    This is IMO, a fair concern, but it's also simply not true and not RDF's fault.

Anyone who has played Classic or TBCC seriously knows that toxicity is very well still a thing and that social interactions ONLY happen when you absolutely need to talk, like an encounter needing explanation, because it's hard or w/e. RDF not being a thing in Wrath won't add any social interactions besides lazy people typing "123" in chat for a summon, because all the dungeons in Wrath are easy.

All in all, I really hope they do add back RDF, because its removal is just frustrating really and a huge waste of time. Usually, I am the only person who flies to the dungeon portal and it's then me who waits for a long time until a 2nd person decides to fly over as well, so we can summon the other 3 people. Between this and assembling groups manually, I can often waste a good hour of my life just to get a dungeon started. And for what really?

I just want to play the game, have fun farming my gear and killing bosses. If I want to talk to people, then I'd do in trade chat, on discord... or even better: just do it in real life. When I want to do a dungeon for the daily quest, then I just want to do that. Idgaf about "social interactions" in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Actually 52% of the game. 3.3 lasted 48% of Wotlk's life span.
    Yes, historically but I don't think end phase of WotLK Classic is going to be matching that 1 year content drought. So far, Classic raid releases have been at a high tempo since there is nothing that needs to be developed. This means, if WotLK follows the same phase release schedule of the two previous classic titles, it will be out with ICC which should be around 12 months into the expansion, AKA 75% of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    DF is not even remotely social. You wrote a giant wall of text that is 100% useless and a huge waste of time.
    You read half of the first sentence then, it was social. If you don't think so, that's your problem.

Yes, historically but I don't think end phase of WotLK Classic is going to be matching that 1 year content drought. So far, Classic raid releases have been at a high tempo since there is nothing that needs to be developed. This means, if WotLK follows the same phase release schedule of the two previous classic titles, it will be out with ICC which should be around 12 months into the expansion, AKA 75% of the expansion.
    This is true, but I want it in the Wrath Classic Era servers they make and so having it in already will make that possible as I have no plans to continue playing Cataclysm.