Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Nah Shadowlands was way worse.
    I remember after the announcement/ features reveal of Shadowlands literally saying “That’s it?”

DF’s announcement could’ve been better if they had an actual features overview trailer because they clearly had enough content for it…
    But it’s still actually got me hyped, especially compared to BfA and SL.
    Yup 100% agree. I didn’t buy shadowlands nor BfA, not because I wasn’t paying attention, but because I saw the overview of their announcement and was unimpressed, I saw the beta and was really unimpressed, I waited for a month or two after each and saw everyone talking about terrible and boring the systems were and felt great for not buying them.

Dragon flight at the VERY LEAST, looks like it can have some potential

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The simple fact is you dont know what is best for a new class
    Umm, except im not talking about the new class, but the new race?
    you are just complaining because you cant be a dragon on the class you want
    Yeah, thats exactly why people are complaining.

and would ignore every single lore reason just to fit what you want.
    There is no lore reasons for then to not be other classes, the restriction is nonsensical and serve no purposes, don't make the game better or more enjoyable., period.
    I know for 100% that blizz wont change anything especially for the next expansion,

We will se that in the future

It makes no sense at all for a dragonoid class to use anything but dragon abilities.
    It makes sense for a dragonoid race, be other classes if they want to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    Uhhh I mean sure? They are two statements that make up one statement.
    They are two different statements going against what you said.
    We know that’s what blizzard told us? Lol so it’s pretty safe to assume that will be true.
    We know that they may add other classes for then.

Also what makes you think the majority agree with you? I mean you’re outnumbered in this forum alone lol.
    Not rly? i mean, im counting your other banned account as just one. Plenty of people are unhappy about the race/class in general, you can just not cherrypick to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

No it’s not lol. Why am I finding myself explaining very base level stuff to you.

They aren’t doing it for release, they might do it in the future. That isn’t going against what I said. Where is the disconnect?

I literally just said that.

Not rly? i mean, im counting your other banned account as just one. Plenty of people are unhappy about the race/class in general, you can just not cherrypick to see it
    You must have me confused for someone else my friend lol. I just made this account today because I was tired of discussing the new game on Reddit and I haven’t been here in years. Everyone who complains about it on reddit, where people can actually vote it gets downvoted to oblivion. Not saying that’s a perfect view but it seems fairly clear most people either don’t care or like it. Just sort of funny that because YOU hold this opinion you automatically jump to thinking it’s a majority decision.

After reading through your posts it seems you have a fairly large disconnect between what you think is important, and reality. Extremely self centered

Umm, except im not talking about the new class, but the new race?

Yeah, thats exactly why people are complaining.

There is no lore reasons for then to not be other classes, the restriction is nonsensical and serve no purposes, don't make the game better or more enjoyable., period.

We will se that in the future][/COLOR]

The new class is tied with the race they are both the same thing.

Players complain all the time it doesnt mean they are right to complain, there is more than enough race options in the game.

We also dont need to see the future, many times players complain about things and they dont change anything for an upcoming expansion. You are not getting your dragon warrior for the upcoming expansion.

Just because you want to ignore all lore and everything about the world doesnt mean a certain race can be any class it wants, it makes no sense at all why a dragon race would be another class, they are born from dragons so all thier abilities are dragon in origon, if it was another universe they could keep thier dragon abilities along with learning new things, but in WoW you cant be more than 1 class, what sense would it make to lose dragon abilities just because you want to be a warrior.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I can assure you that a class based on WoW characters will outperform classes not based on WoW character. Which is why Blizzard has ALWAYS brought out expansion classes based on WoW characters. The Dracthyr Evoker class is based on the very popular characters of Alexstraza and Wrathion. "Spirit Dragon dude" wouldn't have a chance.
    It's not a competition between the two concepts. The fact that you think it is shows how little you've been paying attention to what I've been saying. Again, since you continue to miss the point, spirit dragon dude's success would depend on other factors than in-game representation.

I never said Kul'tiran weren't full fledged Shaman. I said that Kul'tiran have access to the Shaman class lorewise via the Tide Sages. Blizzard obviously decided that Kul'tirans were going to be Shaman during early development and created Tide Sages to justify it. They do it all the time.
    Exactly, you once again understand why Evokers can adopted to other races. I'm glad you continue to see this point.

There's a difference between transforming into a beast/monster/creature to perform a role, and shapeshifting into a beast/monster/whatever for transportation purposes. Having an Orc transform into a dragon to fill a role steps all over Druids, and people will instantly draw comparisons.
    Again, do people confuse Soul Shapes, Ghost Wolf, and Worgen with Druids?

Not true. You give other races the ability to do draconic abilities and feats and you remove the purpose of having a Dracthyr in the first place. The Dracthyr were created because there was no existing WoW race that could emulate draconic abilities. You're saying forget all of that and just have an Orc sprout a spirit wings and a tail out its butt and do dragon stuff. It's nonsense.
    Again, it's a fantasy game. You can look at almost any aspect of the game and say it's nonsense. Gnomes, the Lich King, Wrathion, Sargeras, the Jailer, the Shadowlands, Druid forms, and so on. Anything in a fantasy game can be framed up like that, but it's not an excuse to deny something existing.

I must, once again point out Soul Shapes, how are you okay with that feature but this is a bridge too far? I want you to explain to me how that feature doesn't step on the toes of the Druids but evoking the form of a dragon will.

I assure you, you are going to have your dragon class and race no matter what. No one is asking to take that away. I once again ask you, why are you insisting on Blizzard not serving other flavors of soup just because you like chicken noodle the best?

Again, envision an Orc with draconic spirit wings, a spirit tail, and flying around spitting spirit dragon fire out of its mouth, and you tell me how it would be viewed.

Laughable would be charitable.
    Do you have a poll supporting this or is this just your personal opinion?

No, Demon Hunters are still locked to two races because it makes sense lorewise to keep it that way. No new lore has emerged that justifies Demon Hunters expanding beyond BE and NE. And yeah, in terms of lore, it was established that only elves can survive the DH ritual, and even still, quite a few still died. So no, humans can't become Illidari Demon Hunters.
    Can you point out where they specify this in the lore please? I have not been able to find it. Also, why are NB, VE, and HE excluded from the Demon Hunters if only elves can tolerate it? I don't remember seeing that discussed in the lore either.

Uh, that's exactly what it means. You don't push something like that as a feature and then dump it at the drop of the hat. They're quite proud to have merged this class and race together. Hell, Ion was gushing about it in his deep dive during the announcement.
    That's a really terrible way to run a company, especially one that has lost a lot of faith and trust from the player base over the last two expansions. Being able to adapt is something they need to be able to do to survive. They're even making a point of saying "it won't be like this forever". So yes, changing it would be smart.

I don't play Worgen, and I could care less about them. However, I am aware that there are Worgen players who wish they could fight like their faction leader. The poster Jellmoo is one of them.
    Okay, so then the people that are frustrated with that are wanting a class. That doesn't change my point.

If you don't want to play an Evoker as a Dracthyr, you don't want to play an Evoker. The Evoker class is literally designed to emulate the gameplay of a dragon. There's zero reason for non-draconic races to be one.
    There's zero reasons that you understand. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean other people won't. That's why classes can be on different races. Because playing a Tauren Druid might not appeal to you but it might to someone else.

And there's plenty of classes for them to play as that completely emulates their unique racial fantasies.
    And they're the better for having the options, aren't they? Unless you want to point out some race/class combinations that should be removed? I would be interested to see you talk about what should be removed from the game.

Actually it can't. Shaman aren't designed to be racially specific. In fact their background as a class in WC3 was extremely multiracial in focus.
    Evokers on the other hand are designed specifically for a dragon race.
    So multiracial that only the Horde could be them Vanilla, right? No class is so unique that another race can't pick it up. You might personally might not like it, but you don't have to.

Again, Blizzard is forcing their ideas of how you have to play the game on their players. This is the same problem we've been having for a while now. There is no problem with Blizzard serving you one type of soup and me a different kind. It doesn't lessen the enjoyment of the soup. And if seeing me enjoy a different kind of soup upsets you then I would strongly encourage to do some serious introspection about what is motivating that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    snip
    Its pretty simple not all classes should be available to all races, a dragon class is only suited to a dragon race and that cant be ignored, certain classes should be race locked, there is already far too many race options as it is, just because you want to play a class as a dragon doesnt mean its a good idea, if you want to play a dragon play evoker its that simple.

They also never stated it was going to lift the class/race restiction they just said its a hope, it still doesnt make any sense for a dragon class to do anything but use dragon powers.

They are looking into other race/class combos so you may get another one next expansion locked into one race/class.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-04-26 at 03:55 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by mwj1995 View Post
    I think it's very lazy that the new (reskin) race is restricted to one class and is not able to show your armor/xmog. This is supposed to be an expansion defining feature.

10 years ago we got a brand new race that could play lots of other classes and a brand new class that lots of other races could play.

I feel like we're still regressing here.
    How is the new race a reskin? The main reason people criticize this race is because they are so different, that they find it weird.

And yes I am OK with the new race/class restriction. I am excited to see what they can bring to the table with this.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty simple not all classes should be available to all races, a dragon class is only suited to a dragon race and that cant be ignored, certain classes should be race locked, there is already far too many race options as it is, just because you want to play a class as a dragon doesnt mean its a good idea, if you want to play a dragon play evoker its that simple.
    Much the same as Demon Hunters can only be Night Elves or Blood Elves, the Evoker can only be Dracthyr. Why Dracthyr cannot be other classes is simple, they were an experiment by Neltharion and created to be Evokers. At the time they were created, there were no other classes as of yet.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

They also never stated it was going to lift the class/race restiction they just said its a hope, it still doesnt make any sense for a dragon class to do anything but use dragon powers.

They are looking into other race/class combos so you may get another one next expansion locked into one race/class.
    Using this reasoning, Warriors should only be available to bulky or "strong" races. Should we remove Warrior from all of the Elvish races?

if you think YOUR dracthyr would be no other class, thats perfectly fine.

MY dracthyr and others, may chose a different path, for whatever reasons you want.
    Your Dracthyr doesn't exist because it doesn't know about how to do other class skills as its been isolated for over 10 millennia and picking up a sword and being instantly skilled with it is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well if they allow combat in visage then that won't matter. Plus makes sense since dragons are usually armorless In fantasy anyway.
    So having the option to fight in visage form gets rid of that issue.
    The big dragons are armorless cause their scales >>> any made armor, and they are arrogant AF.
    Even the dragonkin (land based either humanoid or 4 legged) which are huge compared to players have used armor in varying degrees.
    The reason players cant show gear on their dragon forms is because it would take a lot of $$$ to make ALL gear pieces in WoW properly show on the completely new race model.

10+ Year Old Account
    the first thing u think about dragon is strong melee class, not caster/healer
    so no, i'm not fine that when we get dragon - a race arguably known for strength - we don't get them as any tank, heck wow specially has dragon fantasy fit every single spec, it was speculated that a dragon will have 4 specs like druids, instead we get the worst 2 of them?
    of all wow classes, maybe monk/rogue don't fit a dragon
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    After reading through your posts it seems you have a fairly large disconnect between what you think is important, and reality. Extremely self centered
    And what is important and reality?

Let me guess, you know it?

Youa re talking about quantity, this topic show you more people are discontent with the dracthyr/evoker and believe changes are necessary
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...d-Fix-Drakthyr

So even if you are bringing up more fallacies about "we are minority so we don't count" you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I understand where people are coming from...but you also have to think of all the time it would take to add scales and horns and stuff as customization for every race...it's basically a SL level customization update, but instead of for many races it's all just for one, which is less rewarding. If you only pick certain other races to limit this then you'll have people complain their favorite race is left out

They said they will consider more classes for them later on so hopes that they will go through with that eventually

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Your Dracthyr doesn't exist because it doesn't know about how to do other class skills as its been isolated for over 10 millennia and picking up a sword and being instantly skilled with it is delusional.
    You are reading the situation incorrect, they don't "pick up a sword after a 10 millennia', they had a 10 millennia to develop their own skills, just like pandarens had when they were isolated in their own land

- - - Updated - - -

The new class is tied with the race they are both the same thing.

Players complain all the time it doesnt mean they are right to complain, there is more than enough race options in the game.
    Who is YOU to say someone doesn't have the right to complain about anything in the game they pay dude?

Get off from the high horse.

If yout hink is fine, great, stop trying so desperate to fight for blizzard against other players when you have nothing to gain, this is sad sight.

We also dont need to see the future, many times players complain about things and they dont change anything for an upcoming expansion. You are not getting your dragon warrior for the upcoming expansion.
    And many times players complain about things and they change, sooooo

Just because you want to ignore all lore and everything about the world doesnt mean a certain race can be any class it wants, it makes no sense at all why a dragon race would be another class

Again, it makes all sense for then to be what they want, they are not mentally caped to be only one class, they have 10 thousand of years to developt their own shit.

It makes perfect sense and they can change if they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    While I understand where people are coming from...but you also have to think of all the time it would take to add scales and horns and stuff as customization for every race...it's basically a SL level customization update, but instead of for many races it's all just for one, which is less rewarding. If you only pick certain other races to limit this then you'll have people complain their favorite race is left out
    I would agree with you if...

1. The customizations were different for each race, and it would be the same, horns, scales int he face, eyes, and shadowlands only showed they CAN do it if they pu minimum effort.
    2.It was not another elf again

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well if they allow combat in visage then that won't matter. Plus makes sense since dragons are usually armorless In fantasy anyway.

So having the option to fight in visage form gets rid of that issue.
    It would still matter for people who want armor visible and don't want to be in visage form. For me I want to see armor, and I also want to be in Dracthyr form, because that's the new race.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

And what is important and reality?

Let me guess, you know it?

Youa re talking about quantity, this topic show you more people are discontent with the dracthyr/evoker and believe changes are necessary
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...d-Fix-Drakthyr

So even if you are bringing up more fallacies about "we are minority so we don't count" you are wrong.
    I love how your ace in the hole is a thread where they are discussing the changing of the dracthyrs appearance and having nothing to do with classes

/facepalm

7+ Year Old Account
    I love how your ace in the hole is a thread where they are discussing the changing of the dracthyrs appearance and having nothing to do with classes

/facepalm
    Its just to show people are not entirely satisfied, neither are minority, like you pretend then to be.

Its just to show people are not entirely satisfied, neither are minority, like you pretend then to be.
    I'm fairly certain I made it pretty clear this discussion was about the whole class/race combination. And what you linked doesn't even remotely help your case, because even I believe they needed more customization options the moment I saw them, but they have sense announced there will be more options.

If you could stay on the topic please lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It would still matter for people who want armor visible and don't want to be in visage form. For me I want to see armor, and I also want to be in Dracthyr form, because that's the new race.
    I hear you, I'd prefer armor on dragon form too, but if w/e reason it stays as only shoulders, belt, and tabard then at least having a combat vision form, multiple ones at that not just elf and humans, then I'll feel it's a compromise, at least for me.