Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What Artifact would you give to Evokers?

So, as far as I know, Evokers will not have their own hall class or artifact, but if you could give them an artifact like other classes, what would it be? You can come up with something of your own or suggest an existing one. I think a DD spec would have Dragon Soul. More precisely, a fragment of the Dragon Soul or maybe a restored, but much weaker version. Not sure about heal specialization.

As for the class hall, it could be their starting area or Wyrmrest Temple.

Thoughts?

The only other prominent lore item that has ties to dragons is the Focusing Iris, but last I checked it was an Alliance WMD (that was forgotten along with the rest of the Alliance's assets because the Alliance is never allowed to deal with the savages who keep committing genocide against them every 4 years). It could be given to Alliance Dracthyr. A new lore item would have to be pulled out of thin air for Horde Dracthyr. But then you're getting into bizzare timeline issues where you have Dracthyr running around the world before they are discovered in 10.0 (much like how Pandaren in pre MoP questlines or Allied Races in pre BFA questlines make no sense).

5+ Year Old Account
    G'Hanir and Aluneth maybe.

They have the power of Emerald Dragons and essentially have power more primal than a mage's magic, so I'm sure they could handle the raw arcane power of Aluneth.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The only other prominent lore item that has ties to dragons is the Focusing Iris, but last I checked it was an Alliance WMD (that was forgotten along with the rest of the Alliance's assets because the Alliance is never allowed to deal with the savages who keep committing genocide against them every 4 years). It could be given to Alliance Dracthyr. A new lore item would have to be pulled out of thin air for Horde Dracthyr. But then you're getting into bizzare timeline issues where you have Dracthyr running around the world before they are discovered in 10.0 (much like how Pandaren in pre MoP questlines or Allied Races in pre BFA questlines make no sense).
    The Kirin Tor have it, and since they're led by Khadgar, they're neutral.

I doubt they'd let it go anyway though.

A fragment of the Dragon Soul doesn't sound too far off honestly though, falls in line with some other artifacts.

Resto, maybe an hourglass of the sands of time, similar to what was used to free Garrosh?

Dragon Soul is an excellent choice for the Dev artifact. Totally in favor of that idea.

Definetly dragon soul if the idea is to go nuts, and while I do not approve of the timey wimey shenanigans that we used to defeat deathwing, it makes it easily accessible for our time powered Evokers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Tbf, you do have allies running around with Doomhammer and hordes running around with Ashbringer, I don't think this is too big of an issue at this point lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post

They have the power of Emerald Dragons and essentially have power more primal than a mage's magic, so I'm sure they could handle the raw arcane power of Aluneth.
    They're already taken, though.

I suppose using the leftover essence of the Dragon Soul could work for the DD spec, though for the healer, i'd go with some sort of draconic relic. Maybe a bone or horn from a long-dead green dragon.

DPS: Dragonsoul 100% and it can give a new appearance to the dragon form (like how we got a new Druid form each time)

Healing: Something new, perhaps a staff or mace and off-hand that is bronze dragon based. The druids had a lot of emerald dragon stuff going on and having this be more bronze would be nice, perhaps a mace and an offhand spinning hourglass device (lots of spinning rings and an hourglass mounted in the middle)

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not give an Evoker something like the Horn of Galakrond?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

For the healer spec maybe the Vision of Time?

According to Wowpeida Chromie has the shards so you could repair them. You could study Kairozdormu notes, visit the timeless isle and maybe use some time travel (maybe visit Garrosh's trial?) to gather the knowledge and resources needed to repair it. Or a weapon forged from the shards of the Vision of Time, like how the Frost DK blades are made from frostmourne.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-04-26 at 01:51 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the damage dealer, One of deathwings plates/spikes reforged into their weapon of choice. Infused with the power of deathwing,the oldgods,elemental fury and traces of the dragon soul that was used to blast him.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They're already taken, though.

I suppose using the leftover essence of the Dragon Soul could work for the DD spec, though for the healer, i'd go with some sort of draconic relic. Maybe a bone or horn from a long-dead green dragon.
    Well OP did mention existing artifacts, so I thought they were referring to what we already have. If they gave Evokers the questline in Legion, I'd expect the devs to choose at least one of these for simplicity because for the player and lore it doesn't matter for leveling. All the artifacts belong to nebulous entities and exist in a semi-non-canon limbo until they reappear in a named character's hands. Similar to how a lot of the quests are redundant in the live game and we just pretend they aren't for each player's personal narrative.

It'd be easier to alter the quest text a bit and just assign a current weapon, then send them to the Druid Orderhall or something. It's how I'd expect it to go honestly...

But if the OP intended for more creative answers: Maybe the sands of the bronze flight or the Timeless Isle. Or a scepter made from the remnants of Nelfarion's chromatic creations.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The Kirin Tor have it, and since they're led by Khadgar, they're neutral.
    This isn't quite true. Being the "leader" of the Council of Six amounts to virtually nothing, with decisions like allowing the Horde to use Dalaran as a mutual staging ground with the Alliance against the Legion being decided by vote (at the time, Jaina was acting leader of the council). For now, Khadgar is the current acting leader, but this is not the same thing as Council of Six being friendly with the Horde. While the vote was 4-2 in favor of the Horde being allowed into the Kirin Tor, the only member who emphatically wanted the Horde to join was Khadgar. Most other members of the council are hostile or untrusting of the Horde, with Mordana and Vargoth both having been active members of the Kirin Tor Offensive, and Ansirem having cast a "no" vote. Frankly, the only reason that the Kirin Tor was neutral during Legion was because of the Legion Invasion (i.e.: the Legion was a bigger threat than the faction conflict).

In the current climate, post Shadowlands, they would likely be considered neutral, but this is mostly due to the good relations with the Alliance and Horde more generally right now, which seems to have made almost every entity is more-or-less neutral. Some notable examples of this are faction-groups like the Explorer's League and Reliquary, which have historically brutally killed each other trying to steal artifacts from each other (and each other's digsites), but will now be working closely together in Dragonflight. That said, in a time of conflict the Kirin Tor will revert back to the Alliance. Regardless, it's unlikely they would be willing to provide the Horde possible WMDs given the Horde's proclivity of, well, using them recklessly.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I was hoping the Focusing Iris would be the arcane mage artifact in Legion and would behave like D3 wizards. As far as Dracthyr artifacts it's hard to go past the Dragon Soul, but that has been sealed away by Nozdormu iirc?

5+ Year Old Account
    Yep Dragon Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post

Ghanir was my first choice due to the connection to the afterlife of all dragons, but Ghanir and Aluneth are too..attached to only one power? Evokers (both specs) should use the power of all 5 packs, right?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, since in Legion we were constantly taking artifacts from the Legion to use against them, what about https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Glaive_of_the_Aspects

Perhaps the Glaive would be suitable for the DD specialization and the Dragon Soul for the healing specialization

10+ Year Old Account
    Make Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest into an artifact, give that to 'em. It's dragon-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    For the healer spec maybe the Vision of Time?

According to Wowpeida Chromie has the shards so you could repair them. You could study Kairozdormu notes, visit the timeless isle and maybe use some time travel (maybe visit Garrosh's trial?) to gather the knowledge and resources needed to repair it. Or a weapon forged from the shards of the Vision of Time, like how the Frost DK blades are made from frostmourne.
    Yeah that's a good pick. The item that sent us into WoD that we helped Kairoz build on Timeless Isle. That was certainly a powerful relic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    So, as far as I know, Evokers will not have their own hall class or artifact, but if you could give them an artifact like other classes, what would it be? You can come up with something of your own or suggest an existing one. I think a DD spec would have Dragon Soul. More precisely, a fragment of the Dragon Soul or maybe a restored, but much weaker version. Not sure about heal specialization.

Thoughts?
    None, as the artifacts are outdated, as well are class halls. No need to create something that is hardly going to be used.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post

Thoughts?
    I am inclined to just assign them the bobbly murloc-head fishing pole.

More seriously though?
    Probably something related to the dragon soul for the dps spec; shards, echoes, imprints or perhaps a time-lost shadow of it, forged into a blade for rule of cool raisins (the weapon proper is out of scope even for artefacts, given what it did to deathwing; Frostmourne proper is a cute little puppy by comparison and that blade was only allowed after it was remade after being shattered by the Ashbringer).

The healers likely get something related to Alex,maybe some piece of her oversized jewelry to use as a shield or weapon or something.

As to their order hall, i would think that Legion's broader theme of "evil vs. greater evil" would make Grim Batol an awesome seat of power, providing very careful opportunities to leverage their corrupted brethren against the Legion.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-04-26 at 08:52 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.