Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    In lieu with dragonriding and the full immersion gravity, physics and momentum of WOW and for not trivializing combat by skipping trash mobs before killing the quest targets, some of the current mount I deem as inappropriate with Blizzard's latest innovative idea of how players should play and enjoy the games. I present you some new names for the current ones, be prepared for its momentous physics!

[Armored Bloodwing] now named [Armored Bloodfeet]
    [Flying Carpet] now named [Mud Rug]
    [Magnificent Flying Carpet] now named [Magnificent Area Rug]
    [Frosty Flying Carpet] now named [Frosty Floor Runner ]
    [Iron Skyreaver] now named [Iron Landreaver]
    [Reins of the Azure Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Onyx Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Jade Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Jade Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Crimson Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Crimson Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Golden Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Golden Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Earthly Onyx Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Heavenly Crimson Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Earthly Crimson Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Earthly Golden Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering Jade Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking Jade Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking Onyx Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking Ruby Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering August Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking August Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking Cobalt Dust Serpent]
    [Malevolent Gladiator's Cloud Serpent] now named [Malevolent Gladiator's Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Golden Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Golden Dust Serpent]
    [Tyrannical Gladiator's Cloud Serpent] now named [Tyrannical Gladiator's Dust Serpent]
    [Grievous Gladiator's Cloud Serpent] now named [Grievous Gladiator's Dust Serpent]
    [Prideful Gladiator's Cloud Serpent] now named [Prideful Gladiator's Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Rocky Dust Serpent]
    [Disc of the Red Flying Cloud] now named [Disc of the Red Running Dust]
    [Reins of the Drake of the East Wind] now named [Reins of the Drake of the East Ground]
    [Reins of the Drake of the North Wind] now named [Reins of the Drake of the North Ground]
    [Reins of the Drake of the West Wind] now named [Reins of the Drake of the West Ground]
    [Reins of the Drake of the South Wind] now named [Reins of the Drake of the South Ground]
    [Heart of the [Nightwing] now named [Heart of the [Nightclaw]
    [Sky Golem] now named [Ground Golem]
    [Flying Machine] now named [Carnival Ride Machine] or just [Machine]
    [Turbo-Charged Flying Machine] now named [Turbo-Charged Treadmill]
    [Celestial Steed ]now named [You-Thought-This-Dropped-From-Algalon-Didntya? Steed]
    [Jade Pandaren Kite String] now named [Jade Pandaren Origami String]
    [Pandaren Kite String] now named [Pandaren Origami String]
    [Reins of the Onyx Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Onyx Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Azure Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Azure Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Veridian Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Veridian Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Purple Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Purple Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Violet Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Violet Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Cobalt Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Cobalt Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Ironbound Proto-Drake] now named [Reins of the Groundbound Proto-Drake]
    [X-51 Nether-Rocket] now named [X-51 Nether-Bicycle]
    [X-51 Nether-Rocket X-TREME] now named [X-51 Nether-Bicyle X-TREME]
    [Heartbreaker] no changes.
    [Depleted-Kyparium Bicycle] now named [Depleted-Kyparium Bicyle]
    [X-53 Touring Rocket] now named [X-53 Immersion Bicycle]
    [Reins of the Armored Skyscreamer] now named [Reins of the Armored Landscreamer]
    [Swift Windsteed] now named [Swift Groundsteed]
    [Tawny Wind Rider] now named [Tawny Ground Rider]
    [Blue Wind Rider] now named [Blue Ground Rider]
    [Green Wind Rider] now named [Green Ground Rider]
    [Swift Yellow Wind Rider] now named [Swift Yellow Ground Rider]
    [Swift Red Wind Rider] now named [Swift Red Ground Rider]
    [Swift Purple Wind Rider] now named [Swift Purple Ground Rider]
    [Swift Green Wind Rider] now named [Swift Green Ground Rider]
    [Armored Blue Wind Rider] now named [Armored Blue Ground Rider]
    [Spectral Wind Rider]now named [Spectral Ground Rider]

And Druid Flight Form should be renamed as LoL no more farming herb for you Form.
    wow. that was a HUGE effort, to say „i dont like the dragon riding design descision“.

and i thought i am invested too heavily into wow… lol

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Skipping things while on the ground is the same as skipping things in the air, you make no sense at all, one just takes longer since you are still skipping everything you dont want to do and you dont care about what the zone looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

At some point you will probably level dragonriding up and it being able to fly everywhere, thats when you will probably also unlock normal flying, you then dont need to change anything, can make dragon riding faster so its still an option to use.
    There's still a very large chance that they won't allow regular mounts in certain areas because it devalues the whole challenge aspect of dragonriding itself.

Now that's some cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    There's still a very large chance that they won't allow regular mounts in certain areas because it devalues the whole challenge aspect of dragonriding itself.
    After you have finished with upgrading it or whatever there will be little value in it anyway, the open world content gets mostly irrelevant after a month for many which will do the bare min tasks, it will also hardly be any challenge you either can fly to a place or you cant.

They mentioned in the interview mounts are usuable just not flying from the start so that means it will be unlocked as normal at some point.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-04-26 at 03:22 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I will never understand the pro-flying mindset. Yay, skipping all the danger on the ground by flying over it... So fun...

Dragon Riding feels more like an evolution of the flying mounts that you could rent in Northrend as zones like Storm Peaks were designed around flight. And from what they've said we can expect a lot of verticality in Dragon Isles zones as well.
    You would have a point if not for the case that every class has escape tools anyways, mobs have a low aggro range and reset quickly too.

I never felt threatend navigating anywhere while grounded early on, it just got annoying when you got dazed here and there...

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    After you have finished with upgrading it or whatever there will be little value in it anyway, the open world content gets mostly irrelevant after a month for many which will do the bare min tasks, it will also hardly be any challenge you either can fly to a place or you cant.

They mentioned in the interview mounts are usuable just not flying from the start so that means it will be unlocked as normal at some point.
    They also said that dragon riding will be faster than traditional Max speed flying mounts so there's that as well but you have to get good at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    wow. that was a HUGE effort, to say „i dont like the dragon riding design descision“.

and i thought i am invested too heavily into wow… lol
    That's show biz, baby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Now that's some cringe.
    Calm down, it's just a light-hearted discussion.

No. They can fall slowly.
    No mount in the game has been able to fly before.

It is some strange physics ignoring floating.

I am pro choice. By having flying, I can choose to fly or use ground mounts. It's not my problem if you feel flying is wrong, and yet you still fly when it is an option, and you feel that disabling flight is the best because you want to dictate how others travel.
    "I forced people to make a choice and any negative consequence as a result of that is your own problem" - The self proclaimed champion of the people.

You only care about an option existing, not about what that actually means. Literally not looking further than your own self interests.

- - - Updated - - -

We are presumably not only getting flying earlier than past expansions, but an alternative that works immediately too.

So why now cry that flying is gone? We are getting more of it earlier than ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    You really think that there should be an option to do absolutely everything? I can’t think of a more boring game. There has to be limitations in place from time to time, otherwise every game becomes creative mode minecraft.

This goes back to the Elden Ring easy mode discussion, where those that want it don’t see the harm that it does, which is nothing short of obscenely ignorant.

Having more choices is not always a good thing. Neither is being overly restricted, there’s a good middle ground to strike. Having flying in the game means that the vast majority will fly regardless of how they feel about it unless they’re some sort of roleplayer. It is not a choice when the alternative is significantly more inconvenient. I mean, it is a choice, but only in the same way that you can choose to eat glass for dinner if you so desire.

The fun of figuring out how to navigate the world exists for many players; but if the option to fly exists then they will take that path 99.9999% of the time. It’s natural human behaviour.
    I would play an Elden Ring easy mode - as it currently stands I won't bother with it.

And I think there is a niche for both dragonriding and normal flying. Also the most important part of dragonriding is the customization part of your dragon, anyways.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

What makes you think flying mount will stop working in the 10.0 patch?

I'll mount up in org whenever that patch launches and see if i can still fly or not.

I'll wait to until then to state an opinion on the subject.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I would play an Elden Ring easy mode - as it currently stands I won't bother with it.

And I think there is a niche for both dragonriding and normal flying. Also the most important part of dragonriding is the customization part of your dragon, anyways.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/eldenring/...ab=description

You are welcome, no i have not played elden ring yet, no i am not going to use this mod as I am max difficulty games fan (with exception of permadeath)

And yes, both flying modes should be swiftly available while dragon riding should simply be faster if you click properly.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    What makes you think flying mount will stop working in the 10.0 patch?

I'll mount up in org whenever that patch launches and see if i can still fly or not.

I'll wait to until then to state an opinion on the subject.
    I can say with 99.99999% certainty that flying will be available as it is now in zones other than Dragonflight

[mimiron's head] becomes [mimiron's grounded ass] ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post

So why now cry that flying is gone? We are getting more of it earlier than ever.
    Because Dragonriding is not brainless "point a direction and press autorun" mode of transportation.

It was never about flying, not really. It was about having locomotion that removes the need to interact with the World and game.

10+ Year Old Account
    In lieu with dragonriding and the full immersion gravity, physics and momentum of WOW and for not trivializing combat by skipping trash mobs before killing the quest targets, some of the current mount I deem as inappropriate with Blizzard's latest innovative idea of how players should play and enjoy the games. I present you some new names for the current ones, be prepared for its momentous physics!

[Armored Bloodwing] now named [Armored Bloodfeet]
    [Flying Carpet] now named [Mud Rug]
    [Magnificent Flying Carpet] now named [Magnificent Area Rug]
    [Frosty Flying Carpet] now named [Frosty Floor Runner ]
    [Iron Skyreaver] now named [Iron Landreaver]
    [Reins of the Azure Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Onyx Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Crimson Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Crimson Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Earthly Onyx Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Heavenly Crimson Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Earthly Crimson Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Earthly Golden Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering Jade Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking Jade Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking Onyx Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking Ruby Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering August Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking August Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Quaking Cobalt Dust Serpent]
    [Malevolent Gladiator's Cloud Serpent] now named [Malevolent Gladiator's Dust Serpent]
    [Tyrannical Gladiator's Cloud Serpent] now named [Tyrannical Gladiator's Dust Serpent]
    [Grievous Gladiator's Cloud Serpent] now named [Grievous Gladiator's Dust Serpent]
    [Prideful Gladiator's Cloud Serpent] now named [Prideful Gladiator's Dust Serpent]
    [Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent] now named [Reins of the Rocky Dust Serpent]
    [Disc of the Red Flying Cloud] now named [Disc of the Red Running Dust]
    [Reins of the Drake of the East Wind] now named [Reins of the Drake of the East Ground]
    [Reins of the Drake of the North Wind] now named [Reins of the Drake of the North Ground]
    [Reins of the Drake of the West Wind] now named [Reins of the Drake of the West Ground]
    [Reins of the Drake of the South Wind] now named [Reins of the Drake of the South Ground]
    [Heart of the [Nightwing] now named [Heart of the [Nightclaw]
    [Sky Golem] now named [Ground Golem]
    [Flying Machine] now named [Carnival Ride Machine] or just [Machine]
    [Turbo-Charged Flying Machine] now named [Turbo-Charged Treadmill]
    [Celestial Steed ]now named [You-Thought-This-Dropped-From-Algalon-Didntya? Steed]
    [Jade Pandaren Kite String] now named [Jade Pandaren Origami String]
    [Pandaren Kite String] now named [Pandaren Origami String]
    [Reins of the Onyx Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Onyx Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Azure Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Azure Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Veridian Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Veridian Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Purple Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Purple Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Violet Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Violet Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Cobalt Netherwing Drake] now named [Reins of the Cobalt Netherfeet Drake]
    [Reins of the Ironbound Proto-Drake] now named [Reins of the Groundbound Proto-Drake]
    [X-51 Nether-Rocket] now named [X-51 Nether-Bicycle]
    [X-51 Nether-Rocket X-TREME] now named [X-51 Nether-Bicyle X-TREME]
    [Heartbreaker] no changes.
    [Depleted-Kyparium Bicycle] now named [Depleted-Kyparium Bicyle]
    [X-53 Touring Rocket] now named [X-53 Immersion Bicycle]
    [Reins of the Armored Skyscreamer] now named [Reins of the Armored Landscreamer]
    [Swift Windsteed] now named [Swift Groundsteed]
    [Tawny Wind Rider] now named [Tawny Ground Rider]
    [Blue Wind Rider] now named [Blue Ground Rider]
    [Green Wind Rider] now named [Green Ground Rider]
    [Swift Yellow Wind Rider] now named [Swift Yellow Ground Rider]
    [Swift Red Wind Rider] now named [Swift Red Ground Rider]
    [Swift Purple Wind Rider] now named [Swift Purple Ground Rider]
    [Swift Green Wind Rider] now named [Swift Green Ground Rider]
    [Armored Blue Wind Rider] now named [Armored Blue Ground Rider]
    [Spectral Wind Rider]now named [Spectral Ground Rider]

And Druid Flight Form should be renamed as LoL no more farming herb for you Form.
    But.. They can fly? Just not on the Dragon Isles for now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You really think that there should be an option to do absolutely everything? I can’t think of a more boring game. There has to be limitations in place from time to time, otherwise every game becomes creative mode minecraft.

This goes back to the Elden Ring easy mode discussion, where those that want it don’t see the harm that it does, which is nothing short of obscenely ignorant.

Having more choices is not always a good thing. Neither is being overly restricted, there’s a good middle ground to strike. Having flying in the game means that the vast majority will fly regardless of how they feel about it unless they’re some sort of roleplayer. It is not a choice when the alternative is significantly more inconvenient. I mean, it is a choice, but only in the same way that you can choose to eat glass for dinner if you so desire.

The fun of figuring out how to navigate the world exists for many players; but if the option to fly exists then they will take that path 99.9999% of the time. It’s natural human behaviour.
    that's because some options don't impact the game for others - don't like flying don't fly, want to play a game on easy awesome, want to play it ultra super enemy god mode hard for it. I played horizon on story mode, had a blast, and one of my top 5 games including back when i played Halo on legendary. Choice is good.

That said dragon flying - I'm holding off till i play it, i love flying, and its relaxing and have long said it should never be taken away but included into the gameplay. I didn't think of this method but I also don't play GW2 which has this already it seems. If its fun I hope it continues and includes old mounts somehow.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    that's because some options don't impact the game for others - don't like flying don't fly.
    But this is objectively false for many people. You might not agree, but there are many reasons as to why players prefer games where there isn’t so much freedom of choice right off the bat.

It does have an impact on our enjoyment of the game and it has nothing to do with us wanting to rob the fun from anyone else.

It has nothing to do with whether or not I like flying; I have no problem with flying. The problem is that if flying exists, I’m going to use it, even if a more fun alternative is available.

Lots of people are like this, I’d argue most of us are not going to actively make the game harder for ourselves just for the sake of if. That’s why it’s important that it isn’t a choice; because the majority of us will never experience it the intended way if there’s such a convenient alternative.

You could argue for the inclusion of cheat/god modes into literally video game because it doesn’t affect others, but the experience of the game would be diluted for many players because they’d be suckered In to a less appealing game style before just quitting entirely.

I’m all for stuff like that existing, but only if you first unlock it in the game after playing it the intended way and experiencing it fully.

Picking what you want for dinner is a choice, but choosing between dragon riding and flying is like choosing between a gourmet meal and a plate of boiled rice; it’s a choice, but not really. If someone wants me to try the rice, it better be the only option available.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2022-04-26 at 12:30 PM.

It has nothing to do with whether or not I like flying; I have no problem with flying. The problem is that if flying exists, I’m going to use it, even if a more fun alternative is available.

Lots of people are like this, I’d argue most of us are not going to actively make the game harder for ourselves just for the sake of if. That’s why it’s important that it isn’t a choice; because the majority of us will never experience it the intended way if there’s such a convenient alternative.

You could argue for the inclusion of cheat/god modes into literally video game because it doesn’t affect others, but the experience of the game would be diluted for many players because they’d be suckered In to a less appealing game style before just quitting entirely.
    Pretty much this. The fact that it exists ruins a part of the game for me.

They said there will be flying mobs and dangers throughout the islands that will chase you down and dismount you if you aren't on a dragon. Or some areas will be above a flight limit your OG flying mounts can go to. In these situations you take the dragon. Any other time sounds like you can mount up on whatever.

Sounds fun, actual content that isn't stuck to the ground and actual flying mobs that don't just hover 5 feet off the ground