Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I still do not forgive them for this.
    It's really dumb.

Maybe we could get lucky and get revamped Scholomance as a mega-dungeon or even raid once.
    Dragonflight does have more focus on older content being reused, so maybe it could reuse Scholomance, especially if we eventually move towards Northern EK for the later patches.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's really dumb.

Maybe we could get lucky and get revamped Scholomance as a mega-dungeon or even raid once.
    Dragonflight does have more focus on older content being reused, so maybe it could reuse Scholomance, especially if we eventually move towards Northern EK for the later patches.
    I think it's a bit to tight for a proper raid, but it could easily be a megadungeon. They'd have to pretty much rebuild the entire place, though. It's rather dated at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think it's a bit to tight for a proper raid, but it could easily be a megadungeon. They'd have to pretty much rebuild the entire place, though. It's rather dated at this point.
    I'd wonder exactly what story they would want to tell there though. If they'd go to the trouble of revamping something old to that extent, you'd expect them to try and tell a new story.

They should have kept the old scholomance available somewhere though.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're going to make old dungeons in MM+, right ?

Will we have a poll just like SL S4 or they'll chose themselves ?

Imagine the Shattered Halls in MM+ or The Forge of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    They're going to make old dungeons in MM+, right ?

Will we have a poll just like SL S4 or they'll chose themselves ?

Imagine the Shattered Halls in MM+ or The Forge of Souls
    I imagine they will start with BfA and Legion to begin nwith, maybe WoD and MoP seeing as challenge mode is a thing.
    Cata and prior seems like a long shot to be in at the beginning, WotLK and before especially as dungeons were quite different back then.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I imagine they will start with BfA and Legion to begin nwith, maybe WoD and MoP seeing as challenge mode is a thing.
    Cata and prior seems like a long shot to be in at the beginning, WotLK and before especially as dungeons were quite different back then.
    They said they are specifically they choosing dungeons that were never M+ before.

So possible there might be some WoD dungeons that weren't picked for S4. But there shouldn't be any Legion or BfA dungeons in the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd wonder exactly what story they would want to tell there though. If they'd go to the trouble of revamping something old to that extent, you'd expect them to try and tell a new story.

They should have kept the old scholomance available somewhere though.
    IMO, it should be something like the place was abandoned, then some new or old forces crept (back) in while nobody was paying attention. Have the place more decrepit and fallen apart. Maybe some plant growth in less used spaces and such. Shouldn't be too bad since it was just 10 years though. Maybe Kobold or Trogg forces combined with some Scourge remnants and vermin (or virmen?).

7+ Year Old Account
    Im hoping they don't go per-expansion but instead choose dungeons that share a theme with the seasons (so at least at the start, dragon dungeons)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Im hoping they don't go per-expansion but instead choose dungeons that share a theme with the seasons (so at least at the start, dragon dungeons)
    Ok let's go, The Occulus in MM+, want this so bad !

I'd like to see some Onyxia-style raids scattered throughout the expansion. One boss, guilds can throw it in the weekly raid rotation to run before or after clearing the latest raids each week.
    MOGS > LOGS

I never got why people had so much trouble with Occulus. Though scaling the dragon mechanics properly could prove problematic. Then again, it would be funny if they scaled with the M+ traits, too...

For that matter, a reverse day of sorts, where everything applies to the players instead, just for fun (no significant rewards since that wouldn't actually be very hard, though).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requitus View Post
    I'd like to see some Onyxia-style raids scattered throughout the expansion. One boss, guilds can throw it in the weekly raid rotation to run before or after clearing the latest raids each week.
    If there's anything that WoW could take from FFXIV, it's quick content like these 1-3 boss raids... which FFXIV took from WoW in the first place. It has spoiled me. I don't like doing WoW raids piecemeal since you're literally leaving them unfinished at the end of the night, which is frustrating particularly when half the raid would prefer to forge on.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    How many people read novels back in the early days of WoW? I'm going to say, fewer than today, and today most people don't know how Garrosh escaped to AU Draenor or what happened in Stromgarde pre-BfA.

Furthermore, can you tell me why Tyrande is not in the poll?

A character who has been the absolute star of the Night elves since Classic, a main hero of the Alliance, regularly featured for many expansions and in many novels, and yet she doesn't have enough fanfics to warrant a spot in that list? Why?

Alleria is more popular than you realized, but we know that simply from the sheer numbers of Void elf players.
    I assume a big factor is how Tyrande mostly had a concluded story in most cases and there isnt much left to explore in a fan fiction.

While characters like Alleria never got their ending and it left a lot of room for people to give her story their own twist.

Atleast I assume thats the case, there are always hundreds of factor playing a role and it would be stupid to say its only cause X.

However isnt void elf under pandaren in character created ? so its hard to say how pooular they really are

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I assume a big factor is how Tyrande mostly had a concluded story in most cases and there isnt much left to explore in a fan fiction.

While characters like Alleria never got their ending and it left a lot of room for people to give her story their own twist.

Atleast I assume thats the case, there are always hundreds of factor playing a role and it would be stupid to say its only cause X.

However isnt void elf under pandaren in character created ? so its hard to say how pooular they really are
    I don't know where you get your numbers from but:

A) I seriously, seriously doubt that Void elves are less played than the fucking pandas, I mean, just look at them. I refuse to believe that Void elves are less played than that race;

B) It wouldn't be entirely unexpected, since Void elves require to have completed a questline while pandas are free from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I don't know where you get your numbers from but:

A) I seriously, seriously doubt that Void elves are less played than the fucking pandas, I mean, just look at them. I refuse to believe that Void elves are less played than that race;

B) It wouldn't be entirely unexpected, since Void elves require to have completed a questline while pandas are free from the start.
    Also Panda have a whole expansion of lore which gives your character a setting to fit in, while void elfs currently are locked behind either watching Alleria be great or watch the other guy trying to show the alliance that picking them up was worth it ( take notes nightborn , this is how you act instead of insulting someone for not welcoming you into their faction with a golden throne )

7+ Year Old Account
    But now its with dragonriding so you cant just float in space

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    If there's anything that WoW could take from FFXIV, it's quick content like these 1-3 boss raids... which FFXIV took from WoW in the first place. It has spoiled me. I don't like doing WoW raids piecemeal since you're literally leaving them unfinished at the end of the night, which is frustrating particularly when half the raid would prefer to forge on.
    I mean both BfA and Legion had them, just that SL didn't. But yeah I said it before that I would like them to bring in 1 boss raids that tie off zone storylines or important moments and have it available at launch as a pre-season thing before the first tier (ilvl between mythic dungeons and raid gear). And example I always use for this is if they put the Ysera fight in the Temple of Elune into a 1 boss raid. Almost everything except boss mechanics is reused assets
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Varodoc has actually already beaten you because you've accepted the frame that character popularity is based on how much (erotic) fanfiction is out there on a single site. No one seriously thinks that Shaw is a more popular character among the broader playerbase than Thrall, Garrosh and Kael.
    Me saying bob is more popular on hes chart, is him beating me? I dont know where ur mind is, but its actually hilarious to me that even in hes chart, bob beating alleria.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean Bob IS popular. Has a cool model and is one of the few Horde leaders with actual character development.
    Hes new model is pretty good I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean Bob IS popular. Has a cool model and is one of the few Horde leaders with actual character development.
    Sadly its just hes model.. the rest is pretty mediocore with him sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I never got why people had so much trouble with Occulus. Though scaling the dragon mechanics properly could prove problematic. Then again, it would be funny if they scaled with the M+ traits, too...

For that matter, a reverse day of sorts, where everything applies to the players instead, just for fun (no significant rewards since that wouldn't actually be very hard, though).
    Yeah, this dungeon is very easy if everyone knows what to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Thats not a problem leaving the raid unfinished. Sometimes you just haven't been able to clear it, not a bad thing. Don't need to shorten the raid for that, raid sizes are fine.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

And for the record, the fact that a guy who just turned 19 and a literal zombie are the most used characters in fanfic does say a lot about the WOW fandom.