Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Add ingame WoW audiobooks

In game audiobooks of novels so everyone can follow up on the lore.

Maybe in game people can go to a library and loot a book or a chapter of a book and then listen to it by right clicking it.

Maybe books/chapters can have it's own tab like the toys tab and listen to them when ever you want.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

They would loose all that money from said audio books then so will never happen.

Good idea though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    They would loose all that money from said audio books then so will never happen.

Good idea though.
    Sadly this is true.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring that blizzard isn’t gonna give away some they can sell.

I doubt many players have a interest in listening to a 10+ hour audio book in game even less so if they are broken up and chapters are found randomly.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Good idea though.
    Maybe the older ones. I've seen some YouTube channel giving away the latest audio book in audible for free. Maybe they don't mind?. Maybe players can pay to unlock the latest ones. Or maybe even achievement unlocked.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying I disagree but... its hard to see it happening.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Good idea though.
    They could easily have them attached to sales of some kind, maybe a buy the audio book directly from us and receive an in-game copy for your "library".
    Last edited by maxiixam; 2022-04-26 at 02:48 PM. Reason: adding quote

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Maybe the older ones. I've seen some YouTube channel giving away the latest audio book in audible for free. Maybe they don't mind?. Maybe players can pay to unlock the latest ones. Or maybe even achievement unlocked.
    Don’t know if people are actually giving away the book or what but you can get any audio book for free when you sign up for audible and they pay people to promote it so might have nothing to do with blizzard.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Don’t know if people are actually giving away the book or what but you can get any audio book for free when you sign up for audible and they pay people to promote it so might have nothing to do with blizzard.
    Oh I see. Maybe people could pay for the latest ones. Or even unlocked through achievement, maybe that would be a nice incentive to play the game for some.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

If they were going to give us audiobooks, I'd rather they just give us audiobooks. I... don't really see a point in putting it in-game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Maybe in game people can go to a library and loot a book or a chapter of a book and then listen to it by right clicking it.

Maybe books/chapters can have it's own tab like the toys tab and listen to them when ever you want.
    I would love to see books be added to the game in the form of a few quests and then some dialogue via the "stay awhile and listen" technique they've been using. would really make things in game a bit smoother lore wise, not everyone is going to read the books. also I doubt that people who would buy the books wouldn't because of a few quests and some dialogue so it wouldn't affect sales too much

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    If they were going to give us audiobooks, I'd rather they just give us audiobooks. I... don't really see a point in putting it in-game.
    Maybe it would be nice to listen to it while you're playing. You can prolly do that with iTunes on the background, but having it ingame could be more convenient. Plus it would probably feel better as an actual part of the game.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Maybe it would be nice to listen to it while you're playing. You can prolly do that with iTunes on the background, but having it ingame could be more convenient. Plus it would probably feel better as an actual part of the game.
    I don't really see how having an audiobook that's only accessible when I log into the game and that I can only listen to while in-game would be more convenient than just... having an audiobook. That I can listen to whenever I want, including while I'm playing, and is accessible at any time. I understand the idea, I just think there's easier and more convenient ways to do effectively the same thing with less effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good idea.

Maybe they could also do a little podcast on lore
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account

Good idea, but from the view of investment, bad idea.

I would support it, IF, the books were of course the old ones (and not the most recent) and that they are separated into a lot of small books you have to collect in the world to "unlock" the full story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Good idea.

Maybe they could also do a little podcast on lore
    I miss the lore podcasts, and now that it seems Nobbel has slowed down on WoW lore videos, we're running low on interesting lore channels.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Whole audiobooks unlikely but everything that happens in books/comics should be recapped in game in one form or another.

It's freaking stupid that many major lore events happen in the books and there is fuck all explanation or recap in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good idea but would not happen because of no monetization in this system :P And also what about languages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Whole audiobooks unlikely but everything that happens in books/comics should be recapped in game in one form or another.

It's freaking stupid that many major lore events happen in the books and there is fuck all explanation or recap in the game.
    Bring back Lorewalkers/Storytellers/Explorer's League/The Reliquary/Historians to tell select events to players in the same method as during Mists of Pandaria, or a method like it. Doesn't have to be the whole thing but key events.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'd like audios of the quest-givers or the books you can already read in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Good idea but would not happen because of no monetization in this system :P And also what about languages.
    Hence I thought my idea could be good.

You collect tokens, when collected enough, then you can earn and unlock some of the old audiobooks (not the most recent). Make it a thing to gain through archaeology, haha.