Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    On the one hand, I would like to see M DPS and Tank because it does fit; dragons claws etc, and black dragons just scream tank.

On the other hand, There are a LOT of M DPS already, and while I'd love it if a Tank spec would lower Q times, the past tank additions didn't really affect it so I don't think an Evoker tank spec would change things either.

The problem with Hybrid classes is very rarely are all the specs “viable” in the eyes of the Meta obsessed community… and often it’s the DPS spec which gets shunned, particularly with Hybrids who only have a single DPS spec.

Many players have been begging for a new Ranged DPS spec for years as there hasn’t been a single one introduced in the games lifetime. Some might ask “what does it hurt to also have a tank spec” and in a perfect world, that might be true. But that’s never the reality.

If Evokers DPS spec becomes a “lolRet” type spec, but they’ve found their niche tanking and healing (Like Paladins and Monks most patches) then it’s a real kick in the teeth for those players who finally got their new ranged spec as Blizzard are inclined to just sit back in this situation.

DH’s turned out quite well with just 2 specs (imo), and I can see the same happening with Evokers. By only filling 2 roles, there’s a lot more onus on Blizzard to keep them viable. When you have a 3 Role Hybrid, 2/3 being viable seems to be acceptable for them, but that usually means the DPS spec is the loser.

It’s been this way for as long as I’ve been playing WOW, and I see no reason why it would change. Yes, Blizzard balance is partly to blame, but far as I’m concerned, it’s the community’s obsession with copying the Meta, even if they don’t understand it, which has led to this the most.

-edit-

More tank specs won’t lower queue times. More tanking Players will… but again, the community treats tanks like shit so….

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    ...there is already far too many melee/tonks so it makes sense for it to be limited to ranged since there has been no new ranged specs introduced at all.
    It isn't ever going to "make sense" to exclude playstyles which already exist for either new or existing classes, solely on the grounds that doing so fosters some arbitrary sense of parity — the majority of all dragon NPC's in the game spend more time fighting with their teeth, claws, and tails than anything else.

Excluding mDPS and tank to win brownie points with those that prefer rDPS and healing doesn't "make sense" at all, narratively.

I think not having a black dragonflight influenced tank spec on the new class is a big miss. A difficult role such as tanking needs many varied options to attract players to play it. Same goes for healing and it was about time another healing spec was added.

Also I agree a dragon-like race without any melee capability makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    This class looks so lame and the dragon form so underwelming =/

Even the empower abiility looks trash so obv your gunna be holding it to the max for max effect why bother implementing this
    Then don't play it, that's all. The monk does nothing for me, so I don't play it. I don't complain that it should be something else. We are not short on options for classes to play...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    You're gonna tell me a dragon isn't a good melee fighter? You have claws, use them. And tank would be perfect for dragons. But you're gonna heal with fire?
    I don't know... If I were a dragon with wings, a breath weapon and magic (because they are all related to magic), I would take advantage of this and attack my enemies from the air, at a distance. Once they are crisp, I would land and have my lunch...

As for healing with fire, my only problem with this is that the spec is related to the Green Dragonflight. It should be Red. Red dragons are associated with life. Their fire burns, but vegetation quickly sprouts afterwards. Green dragons have acid and poisonous breath. It goes well with a dps build.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    It isn't ever going to "make sense" to exclude playstyles which already exist for either new or existing classes, solely on the grounds that doing so fosters some arbitrary sense of parity — the majority of all dragon NPC's in the game spend more time fighting with their teeth, claws, and tails than anything else.

Excluding mDPS and tank to win brownie points with those that prefer rDPS and healing doesn't "make sense" at all, narratively.
    Dragons are large and strong so just because they can melee doesnt mean it should be a melee or tank spec, dragons is WoW are mainly known for magic since its the strongest force in WoW, the new class are not dragons so they dont have large bulky bodies and strength far beyond humanoid species, if a dragon in WoW used its magic properly there is not many who could withstand a blast.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Dragons are large and strong so just because they can melee doesnt mean it should be a melee or tank spec, dragons is WoW are mainly known for magic since its the strongest force in WoW, the new class are not dragons so they dont have large bulky bodies and strength far beyond humanoid species, if a dragon in WoW used its magic properly there is not many who could withstand a blast.
    the question here is why not both? Magic and Tank/melee spec. All should be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLamperouge View Post
    the question here is why not both? Magic and Tank/melee spec. All should be satisfied.
    Why do they need to have a melee spec or tank spec in the first place, plus no matter what they did all would not be satifsied, simple truth is there are too many tank and melee specs as it stands, ranged dps have had to put up with no new classes since release, melee/tanks have no room to complain at all.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    You're gonna tell me a dragon isn't a good melee fighter? You have claws, use them. And tank would be perfect for dragons. But you're gonna heal with fire?
    Because they're lanky noodle-wizard dragons, not buff smashy-fighter dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Less resources wasted on ANOTHER tank spec, that's what.
    Lol w/e dude

"Although currently focused on ranged dps and healing, there could be an additional specialization in the future."

https://www.wowhead.com/news/ion-haz...racthyr-326855

I'll leave this here, just to shut up some mouths.

Wouldn't it be a good chance to do something different? something like a close or mid-range caster tank.

Why doesn't mage have a healing spec? Or shamans a tank spec? Or death knights a range spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post
    Wouldn't it be a good chance to do something different? something like a close or mid-range caster tank.
    To get ranged tank to work in wow you have to recreate the entire foundation of it's combat system and drastically change how you design everything. So much it wouldn't be wow anymore.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Melee and tanks are already oversaturated.

No pls.
    Yeah, for once, I can relax and not be forced to try a new class. (I only play melee DPS), except 1 MM hunter)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Why doesn't mage have a healing spec? Or shamans a tank spec? Or death knights a range spec?
    Honestly..These are valid questions given DKs could easily be ranged as an unholy caster/necromancer focus, shaman players have wanted earthwarden for ages(and it fits), mages easily can be chronomancers turning back time on the wounded(and tanks that use magical shields with ice barriers and fire to burn foes)

I can honestly see most classes if not all fitting sone gameplay/theme niche in all roles.

beacuse we dont need another meele class, we have more than enought and now we finally get a ranged specc (sadly they will never bring back ranged survival beacuse the muppets that handles hunter design are complete smooth brains and dont play the game). We dont need tanks either for that matter, we have more than enought to choose between.

I wish I had thought to complain when DKs, Monks and DHs were introduced they weren't ranged casters. Melee players are bonkers weird over this.