Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    "Feasel made mention of the other types of dragons players have encountered over the years, such as the twilight dragonflight, the stone drakes of Deepholm, and the storm drakes of the Broken Isles, and that some of these groups may hold resentment over not being included in the main dragonflights."

Man, I hope they do address the stone and storm drakes. I always wanted to know where they fit in with regards to the main dragon flights.
    I'm of the assumption that these recently unveiled Primal Incarnates will basically be the Aspect-level leaders of the elemental dragonflights which include the Stone and Storm drakes we see in Deepholm, Skywall, and elsewhere. It will be pretty cool to see if there are Fire and Water analogs to these elemental dragons, as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

What is an Ancient enemy? Followers of Galakrond?

There were guys like mantid, are they ancient enemies?
    Looks like a naga monster/nightborne spider model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Looks like a naga monster/nightborne spider model.
    It's terribly... monstrous looking. Whatever it is.
    It's torso has at least 3 limbs (1 big limb visible on its right side, and a big limb where its left arm would be, and a smaller limb coming out of its 'ribcage'), then it has 3 pairs of legs, and a large tail - possibly a scorpion, dragon, or maybe a crustacean tail.

Maybe it could be another one of Neltharion's experiments?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Great it might be about more fucking humans, just what we needed

This is the perfect creation that blends the best of humanity and the best of dragon kind that can channel all the powers of the aspects
    https://youtu.be/bpnR5GLZ8UA?t=236

“Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?”

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Great it might be about more fucking humans, just what we needed
    Human potential is recognized while humans were still living in caves as a weird vrykul offshoot. It transcends time and reality.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Human potential is recognized while humans were still living in caves as a weird vrykul offshoot. It transcends time and reality.
    Humans are technically old enough for this experiment to work, heck they are most likely older than elves, but were such spectacular failures for almost all their history, why Neltharion would choose these rejects at that point in time is just downright hilarious.

Neltharion could have just used fleshcraft similar to the mogu to create them from scratch, but no it just needs to be tied to fucking humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Humans are technically old enough for this experiment to work, heck they are most likely older than elves, but were such spectacular failures for almost all their history, why Neltharion would choose these rejects at that point in time is just downright hilarious.

Neltharion could have just used fleshcraft similar to the mogu to create them from scratch, but no it just needs to be tied to fucking humans.
    Maybe part of the whispers Neltharion was told to use them as they're Curse of Fleshys.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Anyone else feel like the Dragon Isles should've been in the air?...
    Floating sky islands... yep that's what I was expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    While we can't really chalk this up to "OMG more retcons" until we actually know the story of these new centaurs featured in Dragonflight, given that these new centaurs look very different from the ones we're used to in Kalimdor (who fall more toward the bestial than the humanoid spectrum of being a hybrid), I actually think this might be a call-back to a short story where a centaur named Aratas briefly took command over the centaur tribes and became a legitimate threat due to his enhanced intelligence and charisma, a product of infusion with elemental energies from his "father."

These new centaurs may be the result of the combination of more direct elemental confluences along with Life/Spirit type energies, and not the messier and more chaotic result of a union between a Keeper of the Grove and an Elemental Princess. It could also call back to a being known as "The Centaur" from the non-canon WoW RPG materials, who was an outcast and malformed son of Cenarius that supposedly created the centaur species. While this is non-canon to current WoW, if the Centaur as a character returns in Dragonflight then it could explain why a new centaur extraction is running around in the Dragon Isles.
    As far as I know the Centaur character was just a mythical character and that Centaur is actually Zaetar. If they make him a separate character it will be an even dumber retcon

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Maybe part of the whispers Neltharion was told to use them as they're Curse of Fleshys.
    Sure could be a myriad of reasons, doesn't make it any less shitty. Humans are after all the cockroaches of the warcraft universe

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    "Feasel made mention of the other types of dragons players have encountered over the years, such as the twilight dragonflight, the stone drakes of Deepholm, and the storm drakes of the Broken Isles, and that some of these groups may hold resentment over not being included in the main dragonflights."

Man, I hope they do address the stone and storm drakes. I always wanted to know where they fit in with regards to the main dragon flights.
    These are the ancestors of dragons, in my opinion everything is quite simple. It always seemed to me that red and black are descendants of fire elementals, bronze descendants of earth, blue descendants of water and not sure about green, maybe also earth

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Good thing they already told us to throw out our Chronicle books for being unreliable garbage...
    Just lol. Crazy how the Titans missed this by ~9,900 years
    ~8,900 years... this mistake was bothering me... anyway it's a good thing these isles are also home to the Bronze Dragonflight which has dominion over Time. Well at least they did 10,000 years ago. Funny to think a Time experiment could brought a single clan of a future race to the isles. Wonder if that ripple was one of the catalyst in the creation of the Infinite Dragonflight. Maybe we should play the expansion before ripping into the lore we know nothing about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    Maybe we should play the expansion before ripping into the lore we know nothing about?
    Are you new here? This forum is majority ripping into things with next to no information.

Maybe we should play the expansion before ripping into the lore we know nothing about?
    I'd rather judge them on their track record, which is being quite lazy and inconsistent

A very recent example the great mastermind janitor Zoval who was behind it all, with a personality of a rock, though that would insult the rock.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2022-04-26 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    As far as I know the Centaur character was just a mythical character and that Centaur is actually Zaetar. If they make him a separate character it will be an even dumber retcon
    Not even mythical, really; it's from the de-canonized RPG materials - so it never even was, and the Centaur was replaced by Zaetar and Theredras in the in-game lore as explaining the origins of the centaur. This isn't to say that they can't just canonize him again, though; or have another of Cenarius' offspring consort with an elemental being to explain how they came about. Dumb it may be, but it's not really a retcon, either.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not even mythical, really; it's from the de-canonized RPG materials - so it never even was, and the Centaur was replaced by Zaetar and Theredras in the in-game lore as explaining the origins of the centaur. This isn't to say that they can't just canonize him again, though; or have another of Cenarius' offspring consort with an elemental being to explain how they came about. Dumb it may be, but it's not really a retcon, either.
    I mean, even in this source it was a character from myths.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Deathwing was the OG human potential appreciator.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

5+ Year Old Account
    ~8,900 years... this mistake was bothering me... anyway it's a good thing these isles are also home to the Bronze Dragonflight which has dominion over Time. Well at least they did 10,000 years ago. Funny to think a Time experiment could brought a single clan of a future race to the isles. Wonder if that ripple was one of the catalyst in the creation of the Infinite Dragonflight. Maybe we should play the expansion before ripping into the lore we know nothing about?
    Yeah, but we don’t know how much time we spent in Shadowlands and there time flies differently. I guess they just narrowed it down to 10.000 years to make it good looking on a cinematic screen.

its so nice how all that die hard fans, disappointed by 2 xpacs in a row, still hold their hopes that high, when they come up with the next cost effective cheap shit. would be curious how low and how shitty the thing must be, they come up with, when ppls finally have enough of that shit. strange ppls…

whatever, 2-5 months after release we will have the next SL situation and it seems Blizz seems rather fine with that (maybe by sold xpacs, preorders and tokens compensation). who knows
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-26 at 08:51 PM.