Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

It's a no for me so far but after consideration I will just wait and see how the DE evolves. Aesthetic and exclusivity do certainly seem to be the biggest criticisms.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2022-04-29 at 12:20 AM.

No. It fulfills neither fantasy of being a Warcraft dragon, nor the fantasy of being a Warcraft dragonman. It doesn't look like it belong in Warcraft at all, more appropriate to some weird furry flash cartoon you would see on Youtube. And gameplay wise, not being able to tank is a let down.

This is what we should have gotten:

Or this:

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-04-27 at 12:28 AM.

Hell no. The dragon looks like something a deviantart furry would come up with, and the visage looks like the sparkledog's reverse fursona.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    No. It fulfills neither fantasy of being a Warcraft dragon, nor the fantasy of being a Warcraft dragonman. It doesn't look like it belong in Warcraft at all, more appropriate to some weird furry flash cartoon you would see on Youtube. And gameplay wise, not being able to tank is a let down.

What this one said. I'd rather have gotten a class that multiple races could have played, but if we must get a dragon man I would rather they would use the one they already came up with.
    Last edited by raz98; 2022-04-27 at 12:28 AM.

Yeah I like it a lot. Was kind of looking forward to visage forms covering all playable races, but I'm content with what we got. The class looks amazing. I think they fit pretty well as casters, and as a draconic version of what a playable character is limited to.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I just feel there were better ways to implement both the Drac'thyr and Evoker.

I just don't see how a completely new race will work locked to one class. If you don't like the class, you can't play the race. All other races have multiple choices, so you can try to find a race/class combo that suits you.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

3+ Year Old Account

Or this:

Agreed. I mean my own playable race idea would be better than what we're getting in my humble opinion #shameless

I think it's particularly annoying that the visage forms are using modified Blood Elf models. It's almost as if Blizzard is doing that to spite the player base I mean that's three fucking races now lmao

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I like the concept behind them and the spell visuals for sure…

But they look far too fragile and like a scalie’s fantasy than an actual “ideal soldiers/spellcasters for the dragons”

Though if they looked more like these I’d like them way better…

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

No. I do not find them appealing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Self-explanatory. Personally don't like it and I think the Drac'thyr should be a full race and the Evoker non-existent. Discuss if you wish.
    I find it an intrigueing choice, though i dislike the 2-speccedness of it. Personally i would have gone with tinker for a class, bit i'm already happy they didn't go full retard by adding necromancers, dark rangers and some other more hair-brained ideas.

As to the race: I pretty much expect it to be a fullfledged race by the end of the expansion, allowing it access to almost all classes.
    Dragons have always been much requested, so it's a logical addition, even if i'm not overly excited for it myself. As to the quality of the implementation of the race: only time will tell. I also expect more humanoid forms to become available in time.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I have my gripes with certain design decisions, but I'm planning to main it, provided the gameplay is anything like I expect.

I find it pretty hilarious that your strategy here (and in other threads) is falling back on complaining about "furry", but then your ideal "what we should have gotten" version (and your main, according to your signature) is just more furry shit, but bara.

Self-hating furries, what a time to be alive.

I wouldn't say I dislike it but really hard to say I like it without having played it. I'm open to it being great or terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I like the concept behind them and the spell visuals for sure…

But they look far too fragile and like a scalie’s fantasy than an actual “ideal soldiers/spellcasters for the dragons”

Though if they looked more like these I’d like them way better…

That is still way too slim. Shouldn't be called bulky at all.

It's hard to say whether I like it or not because they have said there are bulkier options for the body type which I wish they had shown off either instead of, or as an addition to, the slim model they showed off. I certainly don't hate it at the very least.

Can't really say anything about Evoker without seeing more of the class.

But the dracthyr being restricted to a single class makes me VERY angry, and definitely will stop me from buying DF. That's such a bs decision, and really does not help me have confidence in Blizzard's ability to deliver cool stuff for their players.

No. It's way too uncanny for my tastes and lacks any distinct flavor that establishes it as a unique "Warcraft-like" race. I feel like more passion and commitment went into expansion races such as Pandaren. I truly have no opinion of the class--it seems so uninteresting to me that I'll likely never truly play it. But I'm glad it's there for players who are into the playstyle and theme.

I'm half and half.

Objectively, I love the idea of a dragon race, and pairing it up with a class that is pretty summed us as "Is a dragon and does dragon things" appeals to me for what I would hope are very obvious reasons.

On the other side of things, the restrictions on the race/class combo make me a little uncertain because it sets what I'm wondering might end up being a precedence going forward of single-race locked classes, even if Dracthyr end up getting other classes, they've already said that Evoker will probably never be available to anyone else since it's so reliant on, well, being a dragon.

Empower seems like it'll be a cool mechanic, but I have some small motor issues so I'm hoping whatever accessibility settings they come up with are sufficient.

Aesthetically with the race, I am hoping that the body options are a bit broader and we didn't already see both extremes with body size, choice is good, and with a race that can only be a single class? I'm hoping there's like 50+ customization options in all for them, but also we're only a week out and we've seen like ten seconds of class gameplay and 6 of their customizations so all we can do is wait for more, or for Alpha to start for early testers to get in there and show off all the options.

I don't hate that they're skinny, it's been giving me a lot of laughs to see the people who are aggressively offended about a race being even slightly androgynous or more lithe than the massive muscular uberhulks that most male races in the game are, sleek is fine, though I will say I'm surprised they went with a bit more noodly than going with something closer to drakonid

Also I hate visage form, I kinda wish they let us pick an existing PC race and just have that, instead of only being a Dragon Elf or only being a Dragon Human.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2022-04-27 at 01:29 AM.

I like the concept, but with casting times and a 1.5 sec GCD, I can't play it sadly.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them quite a bit, and foresee them being one of the top WoW classes in short order.

It's ok. I'd rather have seen 4th specs for a few established classes instead of another half-thought new one. But hey.