Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What did you consider a luxury growing up?

I would say
    Having my own bedroom
    Going out for meals
    My own computer

Not having internet

10+ Year Old Account
    McDonald’s.

Growing up quite poor made this a luxury item. We lived with our aunt and uncle & their 3 kids in a small mobile home in Michigan. Later, they upgraded it to a larger, two-piece manufactured home with more bedrooms but even so, it was still two to a room and an hour+ bus ride to school every day. There wasn’t money for lunch tickets (usually), and my haircuts were done by my aunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say
    Having my own bedroom
    Going out for meals
    My own computer

Being a human being and not a spam bot that spams threads in order to collect data/information.

Fast food. It was a once a month thing, if that. Especially taco bell. Pizza was basically a no go with a poor family and 3 kids.

A clean home. My parents were not good at cleaning the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Can't believe people still fall for this obvious data collection bot.

If MMO-C didn't get money from its owners, it'd have been banned years ago

-Cable television. I only got to watch MTV (back when they played music) at friends' homes or from the hotel room when my family was on vacation.

-Sony Discman. These used to be over $200 back in the late 80's and early 90's. Back then, that was a lot of money. Equivalent to about half a months rent on a 1 bedroom apartment.

Car toys - and it might not have been a luxury but I kept my mouth shut and never told my relatives that I wanted them so much

they always got me the exact toys I never wanted - when I told them 'don't get me that' they bought it for me - doing the opposite of my request

Back to car toys - now I'm an adult and it doesn't 'feel' the same - I can get them myself but I no longer have any interest

Life being bot free.

Eating more than once per day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grew up middle class, and my dad loves his toys (motorcycles, boats) but I always thought you were rich if you owned two same generation consoles like a N64 and a playstation, If you had a Game Gear (which i ended up getting for christmas), If you had an "exotic" console (Sega CD, Jaguar, Sega Saturn, 3DO or CDi), if you had a swimming pool or a double barreled Super Soaker.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Color television
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'd say real friends

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Can't believe people still fall for this obvious data collection bot.

If MMO-C didn't get money from its owners, it'd have been banned years ago
    for real. this thread glows

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    for real. this thread glows
    What do you mean?

As a child, I wanted a door with a magnetic lock so that no one could break into my room whenever they wanted.

I think CDs, Back when i was growing up, cds were expensive

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I was growing up, going to the movies was a luxury.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Getting take away was one I could remember. Maybe why I get so much now ..

Formal/fancy dresses. I was the middle child of 3 girls and I rarely got a full dress/gown from scratch for formal events like weddings, sweet 16s, homecoming, et cetera. My mother would alter existing ones my older sister had used or make a new one from scratch. My younger sister was too small to share a dress/alteration. They are pretty expensive for young girls so I definitely understood why I couldn't get a new dress that often. Bit of a luxury when I did. I kept them actually for decades too.