Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    No race was, but with time they developt new techines new things, if, they have enough inteligence, and they sure have.

And who taught the first masters? an alien? a god? or, like any other culture, they create their techiniques by themselves after learning things on their own?

they had 10 thousand of years to do those stuff, unless they are mentally capped.

there is no necessity of teachers or outside knoledge

Pandarens created stuff on their own, trolls create stuff on their own, etc etc.

Again, this is lame excuse from the writers
    Again, this comes back to the why. They had 10 thousand years to learn such techniques, but again these things come from a need. The Pandaren needed weaponry & skills to fight back against the Mogu & Mantid. The Humans needed weaponry to fight against plentiful foes. The Dracthyr don't need it, they have a ton of abilities that they can use to fight back alongside their draconic empowerment. They wouldn't have had a reason to even try to develop sword stances or develop any techniques to use a shield because chromatic dragon fire is a pretty good defense already. They are also far enough away on the dragon isles that we have no reason to believe a sword was just left there for a dragon to play with & create techniques.

I'm not saying that Blizz couldn't shoehorn that in, but it's not there right now.

Good, now use this same argument for dracthyr and see how its nonsense to say they can't wield a wepaon because their hands don't apepar to ahve a strong grip.
    Those arguments don't work. Dracthyr don't appear to have the thumb muscles specifically as stated before. They also don't have years of technique to keep themselves armed because again, why would they?

FWIW, I totally get the want here. Having a new race that can only play one new class is a bummer. A dragon with a sword & shield would be awesome, as would the Vulpera Evoker I've mentioned wanting. It's a risky decision that I honestly suspect will be overturned in 11.0 when the Dracthyr get more classes. I'm just saying here that the lore they've put in does make sense, even if I disagree with what they've done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Again, this comes back to the why. They had 10 thousand years to learn such techniques, but again these things come from a need. The Pandaren needed weaponry & skills to fight back against the Mogu & Mantid.
    You can just argue that they already had the monk skills, and they would not care about learning new stuff

They wouldn't have had a reason to even try to develop sword stances or develop any techniques to use a shield because chromatic dragon fire is a pretty good defense already. They are also far enough away on the dragon isles that we have no reason to believe a sword was just left there for a dragon to play with & create techniques.
    Of course there is, there it was all filled with titan knowledge and images, we see the stone dudes with weapons and all.

And its simple 10 thousands of years, its a lot of time, its illogical to think that all this time, they would not pick different things to do to master

Those arguments don't work. Dracthyr don't appear to have the thumb muscles specifically as stated before. They also don't have years of technique to keep themselves armed because again, why would they?
    Again, elves and gnomes don't appear to ahve enough muscles or phisicality to hold wow big ass giant weapons or to use the big ass armor pieces.

This is not an argument to make in this game sadly .

FWIW, I totally get the want here. Having a new race that can only play one new class is a bummer. A dragon with a sword & shield would be awesome, as would the Vulpera Evoker I've mentioned wanting. It's a risky decision that I honestly suspect will be overturned in 11.0 when the Dracthyr get more classes. I'm just saying here that the lore they've put in does make sense, even if I disagree with what they've done.
    There is no problem with evoker being dracthyr only, if they open the visage forms to other races, so, essentially every race will be an evoker.

The problem is they locking down other classes, just because they were lazy and didn't made the dragon form to use armor and weapons.

You can just argue that they already had the monk skills, and they would not care about learning new stuff

Of course there is, there it was all filled with titan knowledge and images, we see the stone dudes with weapons and all.

And its simple 10 thousands of years, its a lot of time, its illogical to think that all this time, they would not pick different things to do to master

Again, elves and gnomes don't appear to ahve enough muscles or phisicality to hold wow big ass giant weapons or to use the big ass armor pieces.

This is not an argument to make in this game sadly .

There is no problem with evoker being dracthyr only, if they open the visage forms to other races, so, essentially every race will be an evoker.

The problem is they locking down other classes, just because they were lazy and didn't made the dragon form to use armor and weapons.
    This whole post was nothing but assumptions. Most of the stuff you’re bringing up is either

A. You just explaining why it would make sense to have other classes.

Or

B. You just making up assumptions on things we don’t even know yet

Quote Originally Posted by mwj1995 View Post
    I think it's very lazy that the new (reskin) race is restricted to one class and is not able to show your armor/xmog. This is supposed to be an expansion defining feature.

10 years ago we got a brand new race that could play lots of other classes and a brand new class that lots of other races could play.

I feel like we're still regressing here.
    Honestly yes. I like the idea of having a specific class for a certain race and to be honest I would also bring back faction specific classes

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    But there are differences....like the hair, dracthyr get highlights that we don't see in many other races, not even most of the newer stuff they added recently. Offhand from what I personally play I can only remember female trolls having a few hair styles that have highlights and aren't just one straight color. There are the ears too

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    But there are differences....like the hair, dracthyr get highlights that we don't see in many other races, not even most of the newer stuff they added recently. Offhand from what I personally play I can only remember female trolls having a few hair styles that have highlights and aren't just one straight color. There are the ears too
    Point is, stuff is already done, the textures the styles, the mix, the "work" is just to put on other races, you don't need to create something new for each.

And, you don't even need to do that, people would be completely fine with just the basic race

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Using this reasoning, Warriors should only be available to bulky or "strong" races. Should we remove Warrior from all of the Elvish races?
    The warrior as a class is regarded as the weakest, its only relevant because its a game otherwise you would be no different from a soldier and they dont have to be that strong.

- - - Updated - - -

snip
    You have absolutely no right to complain, they dont even have to put in a new class let alone grant the race access to be anything the player wants when it make no sense, blizzard dont care about the players complaining as there has been no changes because players have been unhappy about something considering the amount of complain is so small its not even worth mentioning.

They have been made specifically to use all the aspects magic, it makes no sense to allow the race to do anything else just because you want to roll a dragon race of another class, you are not the one who decides its suitable to be another class, it is stupid to allow a dragon race to do anything but use the powers of the five flights its just that simple.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Point is, stuff is already done, the textures the styles, the mix, the "work" is just to put on other races, you don't need to create something new for each.

And, you don't even need to do that, people would be completely fine with just the basic race
    Funny you say that things are already done, you know if they suddenly added more races with less features like lacking the new hair styles people will complain. It's another damned if you do and damned if you don't thing

You also realize that giving dracs every race would literally make them the most customizable race...and once again damned if they do damned if they don't.

Look it isn't perfect but I think some people are expecting to much from them on this...not even the dragons take the forms of every race...they typically take the forms of humans and elves...and that's why they choose these two.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The warrior as a class is regarded as the weakest, its only relevant because its a game otherwise you would be no different from a soldier and they dont have to be that strong.
    While it is the most bland class I would argue that Warriors in WoW are a mixture of soldiers/gladiator/fighter that branch off into knights and barbarians. The player characters definitely achieve super human feats. It's a catch all class for everything non-magical and melee, but I would agree that due to it being a (very limited) game, they kind can't play out all the fantasies properly.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You have absolutely no right to complain
    I have all the rights to complain as long as pay the game.

If you don't think i should, you pay my subscription buddy.

They have been made specifically to use all the aspects magic, it makes no sense to allow the race to do anything else just because you want to roll a dragon race of another class, you are not the one who decides its suitable to be another class, it is stupid to allow a dragon race to do anything but use the powers of the five flights its just that simple.
    There is no necessity or sense to restrict the race like this, just because they are being lazy when creating it.

Im not saying im the one who decide, but me and other players have all the rights to suggest their nonsense so everyone can enjoy the game, because its stupid that youa re a dragon race and can't do anything else but to be one class

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Funny you say that things are already done, you know if they suddenly added more races with less features like lacking the new hair styles people will complain. It's another damned if you do and damned if you don't thing
    People are already complaining, better than some people complain than all of then complain

the other features they can add slowly in patches just fine.
    You also realize that giving dracs every race would literally make them the most customizable race...and once again damned if they do damned if they don't.

they are already the most customizable race

giving then the other race will just make simple that this "race" is just a class anyway.

Look it isn't perfect but I think some people are expecting to much from them on this...not even the dragons take the forms of every race...they typically take the forms of humans and elves...and that's why they choose these two.
    They chose those two because is cheaper and easier, i don't care what "they typically" do, they is they, us is us, we should be able to chose
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-27 at 02:32 PM.

I have all the rights to complain as long as pay the game.

If you don't think i should, you pay my subscription buddy.

There is no necessity or sense to restrict the race like this, just because they are being lazy when creating it.

Im not saying im the one who decide, but me and other players have all the rights to suggest their nonsense so everyone can enjoy the game, because its stupid that youa re a dragon race and can't do anything else but to be one class

- - - Updated - - -

People are already complaining, better than some people complain than all of then complain

the other features they can add slowly in patches just fine.

they are already the most customizable race

giving then the other race will just make simple that this "race" is just a class anyway.

They chose those two because is cheaper and easier, i don't care what "they typically" do, they is they, us is us, we should be able to chose
    Oh thanks God you are not a WoW designer... From design perspective adding all race forms as vissage would be awful, it's better to pick 1 for male and 1 for female and focus more on them. More classes for Dracthyr besides Evoker also make no sense, and they wouldn't be Evokers anymore, so they wouldn't be able to use their physical features. And this is not the same as Worgens in this case.

edit: Plus there is nothing lazy in this that you are not receiving enything for everything. This is not sandbox, but RPG game, where lore matters and it's also better to give not for all races new customization options, but for other gameplay stuff.
    Last edited by i3ackero; 2022-04-27 at 03:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i3ackero View Post
    Oh thanks God you are not a WoW designer... From design perspective adding all race forms as vissage would be awful, it's better to pick 1 for male and 1 for female and focus more on them.
    And you are a wow designer? some people.

Tell me why from a design perspectve having the core race be a option for visage being awful.

Let me guess, more work for this indie company?

More classes for Evoker besides Evoker also make no sense, and they wouldn't be Evokers anymore, so they wouldn't be able to use their physical features. And this is not the same as Worgens in this case.
    Qho ant more class to "evoker"? we want more classes to Dracthyr, you know, the race.

edit: Plus there is nothing lazy in this that you are not receiving enything for everything. This is not sandbox, but RPG game, where lore matters and it's also better to give not for all races new customization options, but for other gameplay stuff.
    No one said "receiving everything for everything" its receiving the minimal amount of a new race and class.

Ill be fine if they introduce the rumored additional races of tuskarr and darkfallen. Gives returning players a chance to reroll into something different on the same class and to see new faces in their parties.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me why from a design perspectve having the core race be a option for visage being awful.

Qho ant more class to "evoker"? we want more classes to Dracthyr, you know, the race.

No one said "receiving everything for everything" its receiving the minimal amount of a new race and class.
    I literally just want them to copy and paste the races we have now into the visage form.
    Chronomancer Club

Already answered you in the different thread.

Yeah, my bad. Just fixed.

I wrote that because this is very similar concept to one, that would allow all races be all classes. I would keep only classes available to races which makes sense to them and doesn't ruin faction balance much at the same time. In case of Dracthyr I only see them being Evokers nothing more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    I literally just want them to copy and paste the races we have now into the visage form.
    Same as me, they can keep the obnoxious scales and the horns.

And its even funny, cause if shadowlands customizations prove anything is that they can easily add the same customizations for the races.

People think it would cost us a raid tier to make those races share customization

Tbh I think it would be best if each race could only have like 3 classes imo. I’d rather have way more restrictions than an open field where everyone is everything.

I’m glad they are restricting classes/races and I hope they do it way more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i3ackero View Post
    I wrote that because this is very similar concept to one, that would allow all races be all classes. I would keep only classes available to races which makes sense to them and doesn't ruin faction balance much at the same time. In case of Dracthyr I only see them being Evokers nothing more.
    All races should be all classes by now, they are just gatekeeping it, so they can use as hype for a new expansion if they don't have anything else to sell.

It makes sense that all races could be all classes, especially after years exchanging customs and stories together, you can easily fit things like night elves training draeneis to be druids and demon hunters, taurens and blood elves teaching orcs to be druids and demon hunters.

In other hand, taurens could teach blood elves to be shaman and blood elves teach then to be mages, so on and son.

All races should be all classes by now, they are just gatekeeping it, so they can use as hype for a new expansion if they don't have anything else to sell.

It makes sense that all races could be all classes, especially after years exchanging customs and stories together, you can easily fit things like night elves training draeneis to be druids and demon hunters, taurens and blood elves teaching orcs to be druids and demon hunters.

In other hand, taurens could teach blood elves to be shaman and blood elves teach then to be mages, so on and son.
    Yeah let’s completely retcon all of DH lore and make it even worse just so it aesthetically pleases you lol

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mwj1995 View Post
    I think it's very lazy that the new (reskin) race is restricted to one class and is not able to show your armor/xmog. This is supposed to be an expansion defining feature.

10 years ago we got a brand new race that could play lots of other classes and a brand new class that lots of other races could play.

I feel like we're still regressing here.
    I'm absolutely perfectly fine with it. Not every race needs to be every class, despite what the whiners want. Its cool to have race and class combo restrictions. Keeps the population somewhat in a controlled environment so that there is a balance of different races and classes being played, and it doesn't devalue or ruin the already messed up lore that a lot of us still love. Lore is important to a lot of us, even still in its current poor state. We need to preserve some boundaries whether or not the entitled crowd would disagree (and frankly I don't give a shit if they don't like it). I hate Tauren pallies. I hate non human/dwarf/forsaken/orc DKs. Goblin Shamans? Really?

Class and race combo restrictions are fine, and I would even go on as to say it's a requirement for both lore and gameplay reasons to justify it. It's too lenient as it is now and I never wanted it.

And no OP, it's not lazy. Deal with it.. Get over it. Move on.
    Last edited by PsychoSe7eN; 2022-04-27 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    I'm absolutely perfectly fine with it. Not every race needs to be every class, despite what the whiners want. Its cool to have race and class combo restrictions. Keeps the population somewhat in a controlled environment so that there is a balance of different races and classes being played, and it doesn't devalue or ruin the already messed up lore that a lot of us still love. Lore is important to a lot of us, even still in its current poor state. We need to preserve some boundaries whether or not the entitled crowd would disagree (and frankly I don't give a shit if they don't like it). I hate Tauren pallies. I hate non human/dwarf/forsaken/orc DKs. Goblin Shamans? Really?

Class and race combo restrictions are fine, and I would even go on as to say it's a requirement for both lore and gameplay reasons to justify it. It's too lenient as it is now and I never wanted it.

And no OP, it's not lazy. Deal with it.. Get over it. Move on.
    I agree restrictions are good and add flavor, but extreme ones like this ain't good for an MMO.

Dracthyr definitely need to have more class options down the road. It only makes sense anyway when they join the H/A.

Evokers can stay as dracthyr but visages need to be expanded and used in combat that way it feels like more than one race can play it.

Also open more DH races with updated intro.