Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No dragon in WoW looks like that, so it has no basis in lore. It looks like a Skyrim Argonian with wings. An ACTUAL dragon that transformed into a recognizable humanoid from any of the races would have been better. Basically we should have been like Chromie. Not an Aspect, but a dragon that interacts with the mortal world in humanoid form that can be of any race (outside of a few that make little sense..... most of them are on the Alliance which is weird)

Instead, we got something nobody wanted and only some people are trying to justify. We will see what Blizzard does with them, but I can see them becoming one of the "I made a character of that, but it never reaches max level because I find the class boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Anyone thinking this class is going to flop hasn't been paying attention to what this class is offering. While I am disappointed that it is only 2 specs, Demon Hunters have done just fine popularity-wise with 2 specs because they have nailed the fantasy of being a demon hunter. If this class nails the fantasy of being a dragon, then it's going to do very well also. Considering this class debuts in the DRAGON Isles, it's going to be next to impossible for Blizzard not to nail the fantasy. Players are going to be completely enveloped by it throughout the entirety of the upcoming expansion.

Further, there HAVE been people awaiting the opportunity to play a character akin to Wrathion, Kalecgos, or Alexstraza. Wrathion is easily one of the top characters in WoW at the moment, especially among the younger demographic of players. People LOVE dragons as a fantasy, and WoW is giving them that opportunity which is very novel in WoW's class lineup, and frankly the lineup of many MMO games.

Just look at the fan art already popping up;

I personally predict the DE to be one of the top 3 classes in the game on a consistent basis. It's simply bringing too much to the table.
    Man, for as much work as you did trying to show how to make a good dragon class, the copium is really a bit much. Blizzard will likely make this class/race a bit better, but to say these are "like" the dragons we have in WoW that people wanted to play as....... dude..... disingenuous to a degree that is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Man, for as much work as you did trying to show how to make a good dragon class, the copium is really a bit much. Blizzard will likely make this class/race a bit better, but to say these are "like" the dragons we have in WoW that people wanted to play as....... dude..... disingenuous to a degree that is amazing.
    The goal was to make them look like the standard dragons we see in WoW, but they couldn't do that due to technical limitations, so we got the Dracthyr forms instead. I personally believe if given enough customization options, the Dracthyr forms will be a fine stand in. They're going to have all the abilities of WoW's draconic characters.

My only problem is kinda «minor», but why the …. Couldnt they at least remove the BE-stance!?
    Never liked it, but its ok since it matches BE/VE-personality; but it feels sloppy. And the male/female just seems off

Don't like them at all.

The Evoker class does not appeal to me, would have preferred a Dragon Knight instead that could tank, heal or dps and was available to multiple races.

The Dracthyr are just ... dumb.

But then I felt the same about pandaren monks, which I also didn't like either of them.

Without actual gameplay its hard to see the positives right now. Maybe its the most fun class i will ever play but right now there are the negatives and blizzards absurd reasoning is stuck in my head.

The main issue i have is that all the reasons blizzard gave for why drac'thyr can only be evokers and evokers only drac'thyr are made up. They could have easily come up with a reason the lore makes other classes or races possible.

Not having a tank spec because its meele and evokers are ranged doesn't make sense either. They aren't even fully ranged they have a spell to fly right into the action and from interviews it sounds like they have less range than the usual dps camp has.

Only positive for now in my book is that they don't show armor because mail armor is still hideous for the most part.

I think they took what players wanted and didn't listen properly so they missed the mark. Drac'thyr human form as race with a normal dragon form to fly around as well as a dragonknight/dragonsworn class would have been miles better imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would've been better if certain flights had a limited amount of classes (Blue and Bronze and Green as casters and and Red and black as melee.)
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

It feels like it's not a real class, more like a mini-class. Idk why, it just doesn't hit like DK or Monk, even DH.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    I've only seen the 4-5 spells in the announcement so i'm pretty confused how everyone in here can judge the class ??
    Judge early and often so that criticisms have a higher chance of being addressed before it's too late.

Nope. The race looks and sounds stupid, the class looks and sounds stupid.

Contrary to many, I actually like the one class, one race thing.

Do I like this class and race?
    No.

It just feels like it came from way out in left field compared to what people have been asking for.
    Then there’s the actual look. Lazy, low effort, and derpy are all my initial takes, and they’ve not improved over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Contrary to many, I actually like the one class, one race thing.

Do I like this class and race?
    No.

It just feels like it came from way out in left field compared to what people have been asking for.
    Then there’s the actual look. Lazy, low effort, and derpy are all my initial takes, and they’ve not improved over time.
    Curious what makes you think they're lazy and low effort, when just from what we've seen so far they appear to have significantly more assets involved than any other full race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Judge early and often so that criticisms have a higher chance of being addressed before it's too late.
    Well, i mean ... we didn't even see rotations, talents, spells, resources, animations, gameplay in generall ... like 90% of the class.
    Only 4-5 flashy spells and the models - dragon heads & wings on blindworm bodys.

I like the race, love the evoker, i do think the restrictions are bold. At the very least they should be warriors...a class all races can be

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    tbh, imo that will end in a huge flop.

since it’s (after a while, when things are normalized) 1 class out of 13, it will please just 1/13 aka 7,7% of the wow playerbase. this is the already existing typical problem of every new class as a feature. but on top of that it

- just have 2 specs
    - is way less fitting into overall wow Arc
    - will not be that awaited as i.e. „playing Illidan“ (DH in Legion)
    - looks stupid to many ppls (as i see this in threads)
    - is not based on some wow key aspects (like DH or DK)
    - is transported in a non-crucial story xpac

what i wanna say:
    there is a huge difference between i.e. DH in Legion and Evoker in DF.
    imo it will be a huge flop. for many reasons.
    The two I highlighted in bold are absolutely bullshit.. how can you not say a freaking dragon is not fitting into the overall wow Arc or involving a key aspect of the game.. Dragons are a ridiculously big part of the overall wow Arc... are you high? Lay off the drugs - or get better stuff.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Well, i mean ... we didn't even see rotations, talents, spells, resources, animations, gameplay in generall ... like 90% of the class.
    Only 4-5 flashy spells and the models - dragon heads & wings on blindworm bodys.
    Exactly so the only criticisms we can and should bring up are about information we already know correct?

That's what most people are talking about!

Appearance :
    It might be just be me, but when I think of dragon-inspired humanoids, I don't picture winged snake-people or Barbie dolls with scales-makeup, and you're stuck with that. I actually don't think they could have designed it more to my dislike, but I'm sure this is many people's dreams also, so whatever.

Class:
    No opinion, I know nothing.
    Mother pus bucket!

I said in another thread basically the same. I'm ok with evoker+dracthyr. That is on its baseline.

IF blizz acts on the possibilities that locking race+class that way opens up (while it closes others), it has the potential to become the coolest class/race to play. You can tie animations directly to spells. Like... caster actually uses that staff on their back for once? More special effects.

This sort of things become possible when blizz only has to care about that single class and that single race and there is no need to start fixing existing races to have equivalent animations.

That is just one example. I'm sure people can think of more. Whether or not blizz acts on these, is another thing. (they wont . I only took a little bit of copium).

edit: poll atm is interesting. I didn't expect ~50% yes and no when I voted out of curiosity.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Tentatively, yes. Do I think it's great? No. Do I think there's room for improvement? Absolutely. In terms of visual appearance, spell effects, and number of specs, it appears to be lacking. I hope that they can at least make it decent before launch.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Anyone thinking this class is going to flop hasn't been paying attention to what this class is offering. While I am disappointed that it is only 2 specs, Demon Hunters have done just fine popularity-wise with 2 specs because they have nailed the fantasy of being a demon hunter. If this class nails the fantasy of being a dragon, then it's going to do very well also. Considering this class debuts in the DRAGON Isles, it's going to be next to impossible for Blizzard not to nail the fantasy. Players are going to be completely enveloped by it throughout the entirety of the upcoming expansion.

Further, there HAVE been people awaiting the opportunity to play a character akin to Wrathion, Kalecgos, or Alexstraza. Wrathion is easily one of the top characters in WoW at the moment, especially among the younger demographic of players. People LOVE dragons as a fantasy, and WoW is giving them that opportunity which is very novel in WoW's class lineup, and frankly the lineup of many MMO games.

Just look at the fan art already popping up;

I personally predict the DE to be one of the top 3 classes in the game on a consistent basis. It's simply bringing too much to the table.
    Explaining why you like it is fine but you should try not to tell people their wrong for having opinions. You started your post with "Anyone who thinks this class is going to flop hasn't been paying attention to what this class is offering." Uh... no friend, they just don't like what they see so far. You don't have to defend it, nobody is trying to hurt the Drac'thyr.