Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    WTB Nagas, WTB Ogres. They could revamp hunter all together, and make one spec Dark Ranger (Marksman), Beast Mastery, and Warden (Survival). Convert Survival to Warden, and make it a tank class. Necros are meh, Blademasters, and Arms Warrior are essentially the same thing. Tinkers would be neat. Dark Ranger and Warden are NOT full Class worthy. They are themes at best, and could easily be adapted into already functioning classes as I outlined. It isn't that difficult to just change the name of Marks abilities, and update the visual effects to match a Dark Ranger. Aimed shot could easily be renamed Wailing Shot or something. Do the exact same thing, or slightly different, and add different coloring to it. Hell you could just go ahead and rename Arms to Blademaster. Solves the whole problem...
    They can definitely make them a new class if they wish, but I will take a class skin, too at this point, but even that feels like it won't happen. They are putting the minimum effort.

I'm honestly very neutral to it... Like I need to see more first. I don't like the slim version so I'm also waiting a bit to see their "bulkier" version. I also think not making them able to be any race is a big mistake. Isn't part of the whole dragon lore how they can be anyone? Your normal looking neighbour could be a dragon! Ebonhorn has been living incognito with the highmountains for a long time (which to me, I do find it strange, nobody ever noticed the guy doesn't die?) so having them simply be normal races with no customizations would be lore accurate... and please a lot of people. Plus, it's not like you'll be seeing the visage form all that much if you don't like it.

One thing that is a big bummer tho is the "no melee spec" I understand they feel there is too many (and it's themselves who made survival melee...) but like... if someone wants to play melee, they will just play another class... They would mirror shaman a lot which if I remember, elemental is more popular then enh (and yeah, I play enh and I almost never touch ele lol). They are dragons FFS, tail, claws, teeth... But no melee? Feels odd.

So it's mostly wait and see for me. Not sure I'll buy DF to begin with, it's still too early for me I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What is your evidence for this?

Eyes, mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/resized/477737.jpg
    https://cdn1.dotesports.com/wp-conte...ngDracthyr.jpg

Eyes, mainly.
    I'm fairly sure they mention the demon hunter's demon form during the deep-dive. I'll have to re-watch it to make sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Well you might be right but you don't know for certain, so why don't you stop knowing things you don't know because it's before they happened and just speculate like everyone else?
    It would be rather odd to believe that a class based on some of the most popular heroes in WoW lore wouldn't be popular. It would also be rather odd to believe that players as a whole wouldn't gravitate to a class where you get to play a dragon. Frankly, it's common sense, especially given that WoW rarely produces a bad class mechanically speaking.

Obviously we don't know if it will be a flop or a hit. You thought the DH would be popular and you were right of course, for a time. Now they're one of the least played classes in the game. The DE could very well do the same thing: Be the flavor of the expansion and probably OP then start to fall in with the other classes once they're nerfed. Maybe they'll be really strong and retain wide playability that way but I foresee many people losing interest with the Evoker and going back to their mains.
    Statements like this kind of prove what I'm talking about. The Demon Hunter is NOT one of the least played classes. It is a mid-tier class;

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics

When we have people who don't even know the standings of current classes, why should we take their predictions of the performance of future classes seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post

Eyes, mainly.
    You should get them checked then.

Visibly completely different upper body positioning, arm lengths, leg section lengths, shoulder size, hands and fingers, body width, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    People here do not see Wrathion, Alexstasza, Chromie or Nozdormu in the dracthyr, because the dracthyr does not resemble those characters in any way in their opinion, for various reasons that vary from person to person. Some of those reasons are:
    • The dracthyr are not actually dragons;
    • The dracthyr's form is too thin;
    • The dracthyr doesn't look like a WoW dragon.
    People here should perhaps do a bit more research before making sweeping generalizations about a class/race they've only seen a couple of images and videos about. Some of your statements above are a prime example of not having a clue about what is going on with this class.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling that unless they fix the Dracthyr model to make them look more like dragons and not scalies, or allow them to be in combat in visage form, they’ll probably be one of the least popular classes after the initial ‘new class’ hype dies down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

It would be rather odd to believe that a class based on some of the most popular heroes in WoW lore wouldn't be popular. It would also be rather odd to believe that players as a whole wouldn't gravitate to a class where you get to play a dragon. Frankly, it's common sense, especially given that WoW rarely produces a bad class mechanically speaking.
    Again, you don't play "as a dragon". Because you're not a dragon. You can play the fantasy of being like a dragon, but you're not one. A dracthyr, despite the head, scales and wings, it's not a dragon. It's a dracthyr. A hybrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Again, you don't play "as a dragon". Because you're not a dragon. .
    Dragonflight introduces a new race and class in one known as the dracthyr Evoker, allowing players to play as a dragon (one that can still fit in a raid without crushing your allies.)
    https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/worl...ight-deep-dive

Or this?

Berger: Early on, we knew we wanted to make a playable dragon. We started with the pillar of making you feel like a dragon–not just looking like one, but feeling like one. Everything came out of that. If we want you to feel like a dragon, we want you to fight in certain ways. What does that mean? We want you to breathe fire, we want you to fly across the battlefield. Being able to embrace the uniqueness by adding the class restriction actually lets us do a lot of things otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to do.
    https://gamerant.com/world-of-warcra...etting-future/

Or this?

Cory Taylor: The Dracthyr have wings because they are dragons obviously
    Jackie: We want to be clear that Dracthyr are Evokers, and Evokers are Dracthyr. They’re one and the same. It’s definitely a race/class combo. Dracthyr aren’t like warriors. They are Evokers. The Evoker class abilities are such so tied to being a dragon — wings and tails and claws and dragonflight magic — that the two are just like interconnected at the core.
    https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blo...-and-tina-wang

Or this?

Ion Hazzikostas:The dragon form certainly isn't like a metamorphosis for demon hunters. It is the innate form that the Evoker takes, and all their abilities will be usable in it. But we're looking to find ways to work humanoid form into combat. But ultimately, we want to let players do what they prefer aesthetically, rather than forcing gameplay based on mechanics.
    https://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcr...hen-1393543/3/

Or this?

World Of Warcraft: Dragonflight Will Add Playable Dragons, The Return Of Talent Trees, And A Whole Lot More
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6502576/

Okay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, its Lame, Its a clear example of how blizzard takes wishes and requests of the community and ruin then, because ~~reasons~~, Like they ruined the subrace idea with allied races, which ended up ruining other new race aditions.

We already had the dakonid race, to fulfil the playable draconic humanoid

We already had Dragonsworn class, to fulfil the plaayble draconic class

Why not use something its already pretty established in your lore that everyone is familiar? Because this why it would be too much work, like MOP was, who add monk and pandaren, add drakonid and dragonsworn with 3 specs? no can do.

Instead, they took DH idea of a two spec class, but healer instead of tanker, ranged instead of melee, and instead of your elf turning into a demon, they turn into a dragon, that is the new class, but this time, they can't excuse locking DH to just one race for each faction again, so, what they could do?

Make it a new race as well, but come up with some bullshit that they can't be other class, because a class can't be other class.

Pretend they are dragons, who can turn into humanoids, DESPITE not allowing then to be other humanoids, so hide that, give then tons of easy customizations, like dual hair color, so you don't need to work on the dragon form.

And this is why we are in this shit show, of how lame this class/race idea was designed.

The class dragonsworn could easily, have 3 to 4 specs, healer, tanker, ranged dps and even a melee dps, using each spec the power of one dragonflight, and one being able to be used in all specs. or the healer using red and green.

The drakonid race could be tons of classes, like pandaren, so people could play the race, even if they didn't want the class, dragon warrior? rogue? mage? all those options to be a dragon humanoid, hell, they could even have made the drakonid have bulky and slim version.

But instead we got this poor's man version of a skinny gecko, who CAN'T FLY like a real mount, even a druid can fly with their flying form, with a class with just two specs.

And the saddes thing is, things can improve, a LOT:

1- Just make every core race a visage form options in their own faction.
    2- Make the dragon form able to use armor, and the race pick other classes

This would already fix so many problems, sheesh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I have a feeling that unless they fix the Dracthyr model to make them look more like dragons and not scalies, or allow them to be in combat in visage form, they’ll probably be one of the least popular classes after the initial ‘new class’ hype dies down.
    The Dracthyr model is huge. It's going to do just fine conveying the look and feel of a dragon character.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Dracthyr model is huge. It's going to do just fine conveying the look and feel of a dragon character.
    They can be the size of the empire state, they still will look like skinny geckos, and not proper dragons.

they are more dinosaurs than actual dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    No. It fulfills neither fantasy of being a Warcraft dragon, nor the fantasy of being a Warcraft dragonman. It doesn't look like it belong in Warcraft at all, more appropriate to some weird furry flash cartoon you would see on Youtube. And gameplay wise, not being able to tank is a let down.

This is what we should have gotten:

Or this:

Agree with everything said here. There are really only two things compelling me to play it 1) built-in flying and 2) the charge up mechanics if it's well executed. Could be fresh to play. As far as what it looks like and the gameplay flavors they chose, huge miss.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2022-04-27 at 03:34 PM.

Not liking the class, and saying its going to be a flop is two different things. I didn't like Demon Hunters, but I knew it was going to be a popular class, because it's Demon Hunters and Illidan.

The same applies to this class. A class based on Wrathion and Alexstraza are also going to be a very popular class, regardless of personal opinion.
    Thinking the race will flop, because of the absurd restrictions and the poor and ugly design about half of the players point in every pool. Doesn't mean we want that to happen. But if they ignore feedback, like they almost always do. It will be too late to change anything and the new race will join the Pandaren among the least played races.

Sad thing Is the race will drag the class, wanted to try it but I find the new race on it's current iteration extremely hideous. Or if the class Is underwhelming the new race will suffer too. Blizz Is gambling all in on this, not sure if a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    They can be the size of the empire state, they still will look like skinny geckos, and not proper dragons.

I would consider a huge, winged, reptilian creature spewing fire to be a dragon. Wouldn't you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Thinking the race will flop, because of the absurd restrictions and the poor and ugly design about half of the players point in every pool. Doesn't mean we want that to happen. But if they ignore feedback, like they almost always do. It will be too late to change anything and the new race will join the Pandaren among the least played races.
    Well that's just the thing; Believing the race will flop because of restrictions is nonsense. The restriction is in place in order to convey the fantasy of being a dragon. If you don't want to play as a dragon with draconic abilities, why would you roll a Dracthyr in the first place? To be a huge reptile with wings you can't use?

I also highly doubt its "half of the players". It's more likely a tiny vocal minority who were set to complain about the new race and class regardless of what it was. Once the class is released and playable, the vast majority of this will settle down and go away completely.

Sad thing Is the race will drag the class,
    A laughable comment. The race and the class work in tandem to convey the fantasy. Again, if you don't want to play a dragon, why would you roll a Dracthyr Evoker in the first place?

I wanted to try it but I find the new race on it's current iteration extremely hideous. Or if the class Is underwhelming the new race will suffer too. Blizz Is gambling all in on this, not sure if a good idea.
    Saying the the iteration is "extremely hideous" when you haven't seen the vast majority of customizable options is why such feedback shouldn't be taken seriously until we get a more final iteration.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

This so much.

Doesn’t matter how tall, with their proportions they’ll always look weak and fragile like the Dragonmen, and not like an actual dragon.

Here’s to hoping that the “slightly bulkier” torso options are in line with what some of the fan concepts are.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    They can definitely make them a new class if they wish, but I will take a class skin, too at this point, but even that feels like it won't happen. They are putting the minimum effort.
    What I'm trying to say is that there is no need to. It all comes down to what something is named, and how it visually looks. I was simply explaining how easy it would be to convert, in this instance, a Marksman Hunter into a Ranger/Dark Ranger. Marksman Hunter as a spec/theme has little to NO lore or story strings tied to it. The only lore really tied to marksman was created during Legion for your acquisition of Thas'dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners. A "Ranger" bow interestingly enough... A "Ranger" at its core in WoW is a Marksman hunter. Both are basic ranged DPS utilizing bows/crossbows/guns with which to use ranged themed attacks. If you actually take the time to research and understand what you are talking about you would see it.

Alleria Windrunner - Void infused Marksman Hunter
    Vereea Windrunner - Normal Marksman Hunter
    Sylvanas Windrunner - Shadow infused Marksman Hunter
    Every other "Ranger" - Some form or iteration of, you might guess it, a Marksman Hunter

So beyond changing the name of Marksman to Ranger/Dark Ranger it is a simple enough thing to then change the name of, and the visuals of the various Marksman abilities to be "themed" to match the new name, WITHOUT, inventing an entire new class with multiple specs that would essentially be a copy/paste of a pre-existing class and spec. What's best with this is, just changing the name/visuals of abilities allows the spec to continue to function as it is for other people who don't give two fucks about whatever it is called.

That's a win-win-win for everyone.

You get your Dark Ranger, game play for it changes minimally for existing people who don't care what it is called, and we no-longer need to hear whining about people wanting a Dark Ranger in the game because they don't have enough imagination to visualize it on their own.

It was probably a waste of time spelling this out for you since you won't probably bother reading it, let alone comprehend it, but I did so anyways for other folks.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would consider a huge, winged, reptilian creature spewing fire to be a dragon. Wouldn't you?
    i would consider then geckos who spite fire.

they don't look like proper dragons, they are too skiny and their faces are too smooth, its more a cartoon dinossaur than a proper dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would consider then geckos who spite fire.
    I'm sure you would. That doesn't make your opinion any less silly.