Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's exactly what Blizzard said though.

The basics of what we can do is glide and use momentum.

Anything past that requires the dragon companion. Hence why if you play as the new race, all you can do is glide while outside of the Dragon Isles. This is what was straight up said, so it's weird to try to call someone else out on having little info and then try to claim the opposite of what Blizzard is saying.
    Maybe we are just getting confused on what the definition of flying is here. They say you can jump off, use momentum, and fly but just not have the upgrades (this is assuming things like rolls etc).

Idk if you saw the dragon flying previews or not but what was shown seems like a pretty basic form of dragon flying to me, which idk about you but

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V0eWkIzaJB4

Most of that seems to fit into my definition of “flying”.

When you say all they can do it glide you’re making it sound like a demon hunter just jumping off a cliff and diving. When they say “you have the basic form of dragon flight” and I see the basic form of dragon flight being flying through the sky, I’m going to take a wild guess and say they can fly. Idk

Edit: also I was laughing at how he said they weren’t dragons which is kinda silly to even say I mean…. They are in fact dragons
    Last edited by Dractier; 2022-04-27 at 02:06 PM.

Lots of incorrect assumptions here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Dragons take the forms of mortals for social and/or strategic reasons. When they do, they take the form of "regular" mortals i.e. without draconic features, because that would ruin the point of taking the form to begin with. Socially, the dragon may take the form to be more presentable to their mortal allies in public and not draw attention to themselves, which leads to the strategic reason; they wouldn't want to give away the fact they are a dragon to potential adversaries. Of course, the Dragon Aspects are exceptions to this rule. Their mortal avatars are somewhat "enhanced" though note that these forms still don't bear particularly draconic features, other than Alexstrasza and Ysera having horns in their forms.

The Drac'thyr use this illusion magic only to take the forms of mortals with draconic features, however. This makes no sense to me. The Drac'thyr are meant to be great soldiers for the Dragonflights, so their use of said illusion magic should be even more utilitarian than the dragons themselves, who as stated before, often take the forms of mortals merely to satisfy social requirements. Drac'thyr would want their visage forms to blend in with the mortal populous for strategic reasons. For this reason they should be able to take the form of most if not all mortal races, with no added draconic features giving away their true nature.

Then again, Drac'thyr can't be rogues so they aren't capable of subtlety anyways. Ba dum tss

Edit: Source -- Refer to section titled "Shapeshifting"

Furthermore, by bringing up points like this we have a better chance of having an influence. Look at all the YouTubers that covered the Dragonflight leaks lol. And they're already talking about the popular opinions that the Drac'thyr models need some work.
    ITs just amazing how the Devs, having all the tools need to create a new race and class, have their heads so full up their ass that they think they need to do something original and grandeour and come up with this dracthyr evoker nonsense while cutting costs to sell a class as a race in the same pack

Yes, you are totally right, it makes no shit sense that their visage form is locked to blood elf male and human female. They are literally going against their own lore while pretending to be following the lore, which is ironic, and funny, because so many people are defending their nonsense.

Its even mroe funny when their argument is "b-b-ut dragons USUALLY just take those forms...." like, just because what they USUALLY do, is what WE should ALWAYS do.

Imagine if blizzard removed shit from the game, started removing race/class combos just because the races USUALLY prefer to do other things, what a shitshow it would be(yet, i still think people would praise cause blizzard have all the answers).

And even the argument "its what dragons usually do" refute then, because dragons "USUALLY" don't have scales or horns like that, dragons USUALLY just look straight up like mortals, "oh but some few exceptions(3) show some cool looking glowing eyes, and horns", yeah so what? we saw and know for lore that dragons also changed to other races, shit double standard argument.

I was thinking the exact same thing.
    Like, Onyxia didn't have any draconic features in her humanoid form. That would have blown her cover.

But, i guess players are now into furries, and Blizzard is supplying the demands in that regard:

It's a different generation... i don't know how we went from Orcs and Trolls to cosplayers being a playable race. I wonder what Chris Metzen would have thought on that...
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-04-27 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Have you forgotten who made them?

BEHOLD MY IMPECCABLE MORTAL DISGUISE! NO ONE SHALL KNOW IT IS I, DEATHWING!
    I assumed he had a normal mortal visage before his body was disintegrating and he had the metal plates installed. After I don't think there was any point in trying to hide as a mortal again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Like, Onyxia didn't have any draconic features in her humanoid form. That would have blown her cover.
    It's a different generation... i don't know how we went from Orcs and Trolls to cosplayers being a playable race. I wonder what Chris Metzen would have thought on that...
    Not every dragon is trying to infiltrate the mortal races and destroy them from within. That's why Lady Prestor was in full disguise, she was trying to blend in and destroy the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    I love reading comments like this, they are so hilarious. Like where did you even come up with this stuff with the very little information we have lol.
    You think they are real dragons? Or is the the fact that they can't fully fly? Or that their visage form isn't an accurate representation of a race like 99% of dragons in any stage of their life can pull off? Or the fact they can't make thier visage any of the other races?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    According to Blizzard devs, they are.
    People have already mentioned in the thread how people have corrected Devs numerous times. Plus you literally proved your own point false when they stated they were Draconic which means dragon like not an actual dragon. All the lore we have proves they can't be dragons. A dev calling them a dragon and then calling them draconic doesn't disprove all the lore they are building in the actual game. I can call Teriz a psychotic obsessive but that doesn't mean its true. It's only through reading your posts can someone realize you are one.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You think they are real dragons? Or is the the fact that they can't fully fly? Or that their visage form isn't an accurate representation of a race like 99% of dragons in any stage of their life can pull off? Or the fact they can't make thier visage any of the other races?
    Gameplay does not reflect lore bud lol. Guess what else can’t fly in dragon isles? Your dragon flying mounts. Does that make them not dragons too?

Gameplay does not reflect lore bud lol. Guess what else can’t fly in dragon isles? Your dragon flying mounts. Does that make them not dragons too?
    Is there any lore saying they can fly? Is there any lore saying they can make actual realistic visages? No? Ok then we gotta go with game mechanics.

The dragon mounts are clearly about mechanics and not lore since you can change their body parts and they aren't undead.

But, i guess players are now into furries, and Blizzard is supplying the demands in that regard:

If you think cat girls are furry then you haven't been on the internet very long. The only thing that you can argue is furry (scalie in this case) is the drackthyr combat form.

10+ Year Old Account
    While he has remained hidden, when he does show up, he doesn't make it a secret what his true nature is.
    Wrathion is written in such a way that he comes out as reveling in the fact that people know he's more than just the mere human body they see.

- - - Updated - - -

I love reading comments like this, they are so hilarious. Like where did you even come up with this stuff with the very little information we have lol.
    Well, the person is correct though?

The new race isn't actual dragons. They are a dragon-humanoid hybrid created by Neltharion before he became Deathwing. They are meant to be powerful tools. This is information that we do have.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Is there any lore saying they can fly? Is there any lore saying they can make actual realistic visages? No? Ok then we gotta go with game mechanics.

The dragon mounts are clearly about mechanics and not lore since you can change their body parts and they aren't undead.
    Uh yes they were created by neltharion to be a humanoid dragon combo. And they uhhh…. Look like dragons.

Am i speaking to a troll?

10+ Year Old Account
    You have read the story and lore about claiming your visage as a dragon? You make your own choice of how you wish to look like a full-on dragon, the playable race is not full-on dragons, they are hybrids. Dragon-humanoid creations by another dragon in an attempt to harness all the other Dragonflights into one, small creation, a tool.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    People have already mentioned in the thread how people have corrected Devs numerous times.
    Where?

Plus you literally proved your own point false when they stated they were Draconic which means dragon like not an actual dragon.
    "Draconic" literally means related to or a characteristic of a dragon.

All the lore we have proves they can't be dragons. A dev calling them a dragon and then calling them draconic doesn't disprove all the lore they are building in the actual game. I can call Teriz a psychotic obsessive but that doesn't mean its true. It's only through reading your posts can someone realize you are one.
    Devs control the lore. If all the devs are calling the Dracthyr dragons, then they're dragons. Your personal opinion is exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wrathion is written in such a way that he comes out as reveling in the fact that people know he's more than just the mere human body they see.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the person is correct though?

The new race isn't actual dragons. They are a dragon-humanoid hybrid created by Neltharion before he became Deathwing. They are meant to be powerful tools. This is information that we do have.
    Ah yes a half DRAGON half humanoid, that had a DRACONIC form like dragons and a visage forms like dragons, that has wings and looks exactly like a dragon, that can fly with their combat abilities like dragons, that breathe fire like dragons, that use the magic of the dragon aspects like dragons, that was created from dragons, isn’t a dragon….

Ok then lol. I guess mechgnomes aren’t gnomes. I guess high mountain Tauren aren’t Tauren, I guess night elves aren’t elves.

It’s a new race of dragons, similar to how there are drakes, Protodragons, nether dragons, etc.

Im confused where you got this idea that all dragons visage forms are used to disguise and infiltrate.
    yes many do use it to do such as onyxia.

but not all of them, some simply do it to better fit in with the humanoids, be able to walk and talk with them without taking up an entire city block, and letting everyone in the city hear them.

look to people like alexstraza and ysera and others who literally only do it so they can feel closer to humans, and more personally interact with them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes a half DRAGON half humanoid, that had a DRACONIC form like dragons and a visage forms like dragons, that has wings and looks exactly like a dragon, that can fly with their combat abilities like dragons, that breathe fire like dragons, that use the magic of the dragon aspects like dragons, that was created from dragons, isn’t a dragon….

Ok then lol. I guess mechgnomes aren’t gnomes. I guess high mountain Tauren aren’t Tauren, I guess night elves aren’t elves.

It’s a new race of dragons, similar to how there are drakes, Protodragons, nether dragons, etc.
    Looks exactly like a dragon... Dude.. Have you seen the models? And the visage is a choice of your ability as a dragon, there's a chance a hybrid might not be all that powerful as their creators? As well, at the current, it doesn't look like they can fly either, they can glide though?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Im confused where you got this idea that all dragons visage forms are used to disguise and infiltrate.
    yes many do use it to do such as onyxia.

but not all of them, some simply do it to better fit in with the humanoids, be able to walk and talk with them without taking up an entire city block, and letting everyone in the city hear them.

look to people like alexstraza and ysera and others who literally only do it so they can feel closer to humans, and more personally interact with them...
    Good examples though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Have you forgotten who made them?

BEHOLD MY IMPECCABLE MORTAL DISGUISE! NO ONE SHALL KNOW IT IS I, DEATHWING!
    Well. We know that Dragons can change their visage to something of more development, as we have seen Wrathion do, as well, Neltharion has done the same before taking on the form we know him by.

a swan is not a duck, just because they are both white water based birds that have long necks and an orange beak does not mean they are the same thing.

ffs, things VERY similar can be VERY different things. like if you have ever done anything outside camping wise you would know, a white flower can either be a medicine, or will stop your heart if you eat it, and the ONLY way to distinguish them is the amount of peaks on their leaves. it can be as simple as "everything it the exact same, but this ones leaves end in 3 peaks, and this ones 4, the 4 will kill you, the 3 is fine"

for a snake example. can you tell me which is harmless, and which will kill you if it bites you?
    Just because something looks extremely similar, does not make it the same thing.

And no, highmountain tauren arnt tauren, mechagnomes arnt gnomes, night elves are not elves, yeah idk why you would think they are?

Mechagnomes are not gnomes, they were gnomes, but are now mechagnomes because they have replaced flesh with steel, that isnt somethign that can just be "undone" they are now forever mecha gnomes, there is no reversing that.
    highmountain tauren arnt plains tauren, they are tauren who were granted a blessing of the moose wild god, granting them resiliance and power beyond normal plains tauren.
    and night elves arnt "elves" whatever that means, i mean come on there is like 20 types of elves in wow, of course night elves arnt "evles" they are NIGHT ELVES, specifically, cause there is a huge difference between a night elf and a blood elf, even though they are both "elves"

You tried to do a "gotcha" but just proved the point more.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-04-27 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    a swan is not a duck, just because they are both white water based birds that have long necks and an orange beak does not mean they are the same thing.
    Yeah, but we're talking about a mythological creature that has had multiple forms in myth and legend. It being bipedal shouldn't have any bearing on what it is. Especially if the creators of this creature are calling it a dragon.

Yeah, but we're talking about a mythological creature that has had multiple forms in myth and legend. It being bipedal shouldn't have any bearing on what it is. Especially if the creators of this creature are calling it a dragon.
    Except the creators themselves say they arnt even really such. from the recent interview they even say that the dragons are actually confused about what these creatures are. "It'll be fun to see how the dragons react to you, even Alexstrasza didn't know that you existed."