Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    Ah yes a half DRAGON half humanoid, that had a DRACONIC form like dragons and a visage forms like dragons, that has wings and looks exactly like a dragon, that can fly with their combat abilities like dragons, that breathe fire like dragons, that use the magic of the dragon aspects like dragons, that was created from dragons, isn’t a dragon….

Ok then lol. I guess mechgnomes aren’t gnomes. I guess high mountain Tauren aren’t Tauren, I guess night elves aren’t elves.

It’s a new race of dragons, similar to how there are drakes, Protodragons, nether dragons, etc.
    Drakonids aren't dragons and they're already in the game and established lore. Blizzard defines them as dragon-like creatures - they are specifically not dragons.

Your whole argument is stupid. Having the characteristics of something doesn't mean it is that thing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Pardon me? (And of course, the YouTube timestamp fails, at 23:30)

Yup I missed that, still my point stands, after listening to everything they said a 1.5 second clip of them gliding isn’t enough to say “yeah they are just gliding”.

They have literally said idk how many times now that dracthyr will have the basics of dragon riding and when they aren’t in the dragon isles they have a really enhanced version of dk gliding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Drakonids aren't dragons and they're already in the game and established lore.

Your whole argument is stupid. Having the characteristics of something doesn't mean it is that thing.
    This debate is already over bud, someone linked blizzard calling them dragons numerous times. It’s done.

10+ Year Old Account
    This debate is already over bud, someone linked blizzard calling them dragons numerous times. It’s done.
    That doesn't refute the fact that the argument you presented proves nothing since drakonid are defined as not being dragons.

Dracthyr may be called dragons, but it's not for any of the reasons you gave.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2022-04-27 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup I missed that, still my point stands, after listening to everything they said a 1.5 second clip of them gliding isn’t enough to say “yeah they are just gliding”.

They have literally said idk how many times now that dracthyr will have the basics of dragon riding and when they aren’t in the dragon isles they have a really enhanced version of dk gliding.
    The animation and all says gliding on that. That was the only info I had. The Hazel interview says momentum and gliding.. For all that could mean is.. You'll jump off a cliff and soar/glide until no more momentum.

Eh, the debate is a seed of corruption by the developers, for they, in the same video as I linked, call them Drakonid as well, so, literally them messing up the two things.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Everybody sure loves making assumptions about the abilities of these new creatures based off established lore for existing dragons which these are very much not. Strange.

That doesn't refute the fact that the argument you presented proves nothing since drakonid are defined as not being dragons.

Dracthyr may be called dragons, but it's not for any of the reasons you gave.
    You got me there man, shoot how could I have dare spoke the word draknoid when they clearly weren’t. I’m so sorry. Guess I was still right though.

- - - Updated - - -

The animation and all says gliding on that. That was the only info I had. The Hazel interview says momentum and gliding.. For all that could mean is.. You'll jump off a cliff and soar/glide until no more momentum.

Eh, the debate is a seed of corruption by the developers, for they, in the same video as I linked, call them Drakonid as well, so, literally them messing up the two things.
    The interview said that they have the basic form of dragon flying. They specifically said in their announcement they didn’t want to use the phrase flying because flying has a very specific meaning in wow which is like they said “swimming through the air”.

Dragon flying can have them literally fly from one place to another using “momentum” as in flapping their wings to get height and they still wouldn’t call it flying, they would call it dragon riding.

Or maybe…. Just maybe…. This is a different type of drakonid that is in fact a dragon now. Because the lore before with drakonids was that they just looked that way because they “hung out around dragons too long” (great lore btw lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe…. Just maybe…. This is a different type of drakonid that is in fact a dragon now. Because the lore before with drakonids was that they just looked that way because they “hung out around dragons too long” (great lore btw lol).
    Yeah, or maybe Blizzard said "You can play as a dragon!" because that's way more hype during an expansion announcement than saying "You can play as a dragon-like creature!"

Their marketing hook is sunk so deep in your gills that you can't see past it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drakonids aren't dragons and they're already in the game and established lore. Blizzard defines them as dragon-like creatures - they are specifically not dragons.

Dracthyrs aren’t Drakonoids. They’re completely different creatures.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, or maybe Blizzard said "You can play as a dragon!" because that's way more hype during an expansion announcement than saying "You can play as a dragon-like creature!"

Or maybe they said that (multiple times) because they’re actually dragons?

Yup that’s def it! Because the thing that they presented to us looks exactly like a dragon, breaths fire like a dragon, had magic from the dragon flights, can apparently use a basic form of DRAGONflight in its tool kit, and even has visage forms like dragons was called a dragon that means that their marketing team just brainwashed me. Yup. You are really upset that this dragon is called a dragon aren’t you lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This is where the issue lies... Blizzard DID call them Drakonids..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    This is where the issue lies... Blizzard DID call them Drakonids..
    I haven’t heard them called Drakonoids outside the first vid where Ion says it seemingly by mistake. Beyond that, the developers have pretty much called them nothing but dragons in multiple interviews.

I seriously can’t get over how willing people are reading to die on the hill that this isn’t a dragon lol. Very silly fellas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I didn't say they were, I said that drakonids have draconic characteristics and are specifically not dragonsas per the lore. Therefore, simply because dracthyr have draconic characteristics it cannot be used as proof that they are dragons, as was being suggested by the person I responded to.

Dracthyr, dragons, and drakonids are all different creatures.

I didn't say they were, I said that drakonids have draconic characteristics and are specifically not dragonsas per the lore. Therefore, simply because dracthyr have draconic characteristics it cannot be used as proof that they are dragons, as was being suggested by the person I responded to.

Dracthyr, dragons, and drakonids are all different creatures.
    That’s last bit, with you saying they are completely different, is something you literally made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup that’s def it! Because the thing that they presented to us looks exactly like a dragon, breaths fire like a dragon, had magic from the dragon flights, can apparently use a basic form of DRAGONflight in its tool kit, and even has visage forms like dragons was called a dragon that means that their marketing team just brainwashed me. Yup. You are really upset that this dragon is called a dragon aren’t you lol
    Dracthyr don't look like dragons, they look like draconic humanoids. In the Dev Twitter we learned that they were created using racial elements of trolls, tauren, and night elves, and that they have a mortal component of their being. There was even a discussion about the inherent differences between them and dragons.

Tuskarr look like walrus people but they're not actual walruses. Tauren aren't actually cows. Having some of the traits of an animal doesn't mean you are that animal.

Dracthyr don't look like dragons, they look like draconic humanoids. In the Dev Twitter we learned that they were created using racial elements of trolls, tauren, and night elves, and that they have a mortal component of their being. There was even a discussion about the inherent differences between them and dragons.

Tuskarr look like walrus people but they're not actual walruses. Tauren aren't actually cows. Having some of the traits of an animal doesn't mean you are that animal.
    Except for the fact that they literally called them and are still calling them dragons. Did you happen to miss that part or?

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s last bit, with you saying they are completely different, is something you literally made up.
    Drakonid are confirmed to be different than dragons as per the established lore. They are also different than dracthyr, as per that same lore.

Dracthyr are different from dragons because they are a construct made by a dragon using racial aspects of tauren, night elves, and trolls.

Dragons are dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Except for the fact that they literally called them and are still calling them dragons. Did you happen to miss that part or?
    Because they're hyping the expansion up and making announcements using colloquialisms. It has no bearing on the actual lore.

Drakonid are confirmed to be different than dragons as per the established lore. They are also different than dracthyr, as per that same lore.

Dracthyr are different from dragons because they are a construct made by a dragon using racial aspects of tauren, night elves, and trolls.

Dragons are dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they're hyping the expansion up and making announcements using colloquialisms. It has no bearing on the actual lore.
    And they called dracthyr dragons so I’m glad we agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    And they called dracthyr dragons so I’m glad we agree.
    Because it's a shorthand way of speaking about dragon-like races. Ion also called drakonids dragons, but we know from the lore that they aren't.

Because it's a shorthand way of speaking about dragon-like races. Ion also called drakonids dragons, but we know from the lore that they aren't.
    I thought we already agreed dragons are dragons and they called them dragons so it’s a done deal