Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    As far as playable Classes:
    Druid - Yes - Nature/Elements being very connected to Dragon flights. Druid would be feasible.
    Death Knight - No - Could be a swing since other dragons were risen in undeath, but I don't think it fits the theme. Also, the Drac'thyr were locked to Dragon Isles when all the Northrend stuff was occurring.
    Demon Hunter - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Evoker - Yes - New Drac'thyr only class.
    Hunter - Yes - No reason not to be Hunter.
    Monk - No - Could be a swing class. Initial feeling is NO.
    Mage - Yes - Dragons and Mages are synonymous
    Paladin - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Priest - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Rogue - Yes - No reason not to be Rogue.
    Shaman - Yes - Nature/Elements being very connected to Dragon flights. Shaman would be feasible.
    Warlock - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Warrior - Yes - No Reason not to be Warrior.
    I have to disagree with the list. Especially the mage and druid part. The new class is already trying to ape aspects of those classes, it seems kinda foolish to allow them to be those classes as well. Frankly from what we've seen so far I think the only justification for the class is that it has stuff that people that play the race can't get otherwise.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    I would dare to say they're aware of the initial bad reception, to the point they announced a presentation to specially adress new race concerns in today's Q&A
    They would've had a presentation on them regardless, not all that surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    They would've had a presentation on them regardless, not all that surprising.
    Honestly after watching the Q&A, it seems that Blizzard is sticking to their guns. I am very happy to hear that.

A touch bit of being a loaded question, wanting an absolute answer based on first impressions of a few images and some short clips.

I will not give any definitive answer based on a number of things.

-- All of this is work in progress based on a preliminary build that hasn't even gone into its Alpha stage.
    -- If what the devs say is true, we've only seen a fraction of their customization options, including available armor pieces.
    -- A lot of things we have not seen have been addressed in This Article. I'll quote some of it here:

There is more customization than what you saw in the video. there’s actually so many ways that you can customize that Dracthyr. Even the shape of the face. You can have, like these snouts that can look more ancient, or more sleek, or like a more blunt.
    You can even slightly change your torso to be like slightly more slender or slightly bulkier...
    Now, exactly how slightly that is, I have no idea. Don't even know how it would look in proportion to the rest of the model. Don't particularly want a fridge-sized torso and noodly limbs, but we will see how that plays out.

So, in terms of first impressions, I'm all for it. New class and new race is always cool, regardless of what they are IMO. I understand why people have problems with them because, yeah, they could have just given us the Drakonid as a playable race. I don't have issues with the visage form either, though being able to change it to be another race like a Tauren, Gnome, Orc or whatever would be super awesome. As for the Evoker being a thing, I would have much preferred Dragonsworn to be a new class, with four specs to reflect the five dragonflights (red and green being baked into one healing spec), being able to fullfil every role akin to Druids. However, I'm fairly happy with what they've given us instead. I just hope that there are a lot of neat abilities tied to the Black dragonflight since... y'know... they were made by Neltharion.

We didn't even see ANY kind of gameplay yet: We saw around 5 spells, that some will be affectedhow long you press the button, 1 onyxia-style deep breath, 1 aoe-healing, an aoe and an single-target damage spell, 1 wing buffet, no tree, no passives, absolutely nothing.

So how can anyone realistically answer this question?

Honestly, this thread is really silly...
    All posts so far are about aesthetics which basically boils down to personal taste.

I personally care less for the aesthetics but more about the gameplay and competitiveness.
    So far I think it is great that they FINALLY introduced a new ranged dps class which also wears mail gear.
    From a composition perspective I am really happy they did not choose for another melee or tank.

My main two concerns are:
    1. How the caster dps Evoker plays. So far my impression is that it will be a gimped mage or warlock. Being a caster with less output (burst and sustained), less mobility and less utility (or my fantasy is just running short). I am really concerned how this one spec will ever be competitive with warlocks and mages but also have a unique gameplay that sets it apart. It is for this reason that I think 2 dps specs would increase the success of introducing this class but even so I can't picture a certain gameplay that would make this a success. Fantasy wise I thought it would be more of a hybrid (physical and caster).

2. How the healer Evoker plays. Each healer is quite unique in WoW bringing something valuable to a raid or have a style of healing that they excel in. I honestly can not really imagine what a "time/fire themed" healer plays like and what kind of healing style/utility it would bring to a raid. I honestly was hoping they would come with a more offensive oriented healer (hps through dps).

I haven't seen any information regarding the gameplay and role they fill as a dps/healer which is a bit concerning.
    But maybe we will find out soon enough I guess.
    Last edited by Celestraza; 2022-04-27 at 09:35 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    i don't like it,It looks like that thing from final fantasy games .... oh, its called bahamut. ( i wanted some cool dragon.... like deathwing or smaug, or ATLEAST dragonoids)

Bahamut (バハムート, Bahamūto?), sometimes known by his epithet The Dragon King, is one of the most prominent summons in the Final Fantasy series. Bahamut has appeared in several installments, as well as his own game, Bahamut Lagoon. He also appeared as an enemy in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars with the name of Bahamutt,
    Feels like cheap copy paste from FF, while in FF it belongs to their world, but in WoW its so out of picture ....not warcraftish enough.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-27 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    i don't like it,It looks like that thing from final fantasy games .... oh, its called bahamut. ( i wanted some cool dragon.... like deathwing or smaug, or ATLEAST dragonoids)

Feels like cheap copy paste from FF, while in FF it feels like it belong to their world, but in WoW its so out of picture ....not warcraftish enough.
    I mean they have already said there will be more customizations to be more buff. Depending on how they do it that can solve all the problems pretty much instantly

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Ion just confirmed the 3rd Black dragonflight spec is very unlikely as this is focused on spellcasting.
    No he said a tank spec was unlikely. A 3rd spec is possible but not guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    No he said a tank spec was unlikely. A 3rd spec is possible but not guaranteed.
    Yup and they really overstated that this is a spell casting class. So it will be another ranger spell caster spec if they do make one. Probably centered around throwing boulders and being an earth bender type of spec if I had to take a wild guess

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    I mean they have already said there will be more customizations to be more buff. Depending on how they do it that can solve all the problems pretty much instantly
    "customizations" or not, mine problem with it not be buff or skinny ... its mere representation, and bipedal lizard with wings - is not dragon for me. In almost any fantasy stories or films gigantic dragons takes form of mortal not for fighting capabilities but rather so to not intimidate mortals with their size and powerful image, but damn bipedal lizard with wings that can't even fly with said wings and was stuck on some island for 10 000 years, nope even common thief sound more dangerous.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-27 at 09:57 PM.

Not a fan of the single purpose race/class, also not a fan of making a humanoid draconic race and not giving them a melee option. We've have have two legged melee using dragonkin since vanilla and if they're going to open the door for dragonkin as a player race it feels bad for that not to be available.

"customizations" or not, mine problem with it not be buff or skinny ... its mere representation, and bipedal lizard with wings - is not dragon for me.
    I mean… making a literal dragon didn’t really seem like an option though does it lol? The reason it looks like a lizard is because of how slender they are. You even said a dragonoids which is essentially a buff dracthyr without wings isn’t it?

10+ Year Old Account

Feels like cheap copy paste from FF, while in FF it belongs to their world, but in WoW its so out of picture ....not warcraftish enough.
    Uh, what’s wrong with Dracthyr looking like Bahumut from FF? Bahamut is one of FFs most iconic dragons. Hell, I could imagine some people making their dragon character after him.

Wasted potential from what I've seen.

I dunno I haven't played it.

Seriously though, I have nothing against the Drac'thyr design. It doesn't get me super hyped but it doesn't fill me with vitriolic anger like it seems to some others on this forum.
    I think people should at least hold reservations until we see full creation and exactly how thick we can make them.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    The visages are... Cringe. Can we all agree on that, at least? Even if you love them, they are a little bit cringey. Maybe it's just me after having seen the modified Blood Elf models being showcased in the announcement. Cringe seems like a good word for it.
    I mean, if we can agree that most Alliance races are cringe (obviously not Dwarves)? Otherwise no.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It would be rather odd to believe that a class based on some of the most popular heroes in WoW lore wouldn't be popular. It would also be rather odd to believe that players as a whole wouldn't gravitate to a class where you get to play a dragon. Frankly, it's common sense, especially given that WoW rarely produces a bad class mechanically speaking.

Statements like this kind of prove what I'm talking about. The Demon Hunter is NOT one of the least played classes. It is a mid-tier class;

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics

When we have people who don't even know the standings of current classes, why should we take their predictions of the performance of future classes seriously?
    What are you talking about, exactly? This thread isn't even about predictions it's about opinions on what we already know. You were the one who went on a tangent about people who don't like the Evoker not understanding the class then brought up your prediction about the class's guaranteed success with the playerbase, correlating it to the DH. And great, it's 8th place in popularity out of 12 classes. What a strange reply. I don't care about predictions and such nonsense you seem to be concerned with.

We haven't really seen anything yet from them other than some demonstration videos of a couple spells here and there, and nothing to indicate a compelling rotation.

Like, aerial fire breathing and wing buffet is cool and all but how is that gonna help me in a raid boss fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    What are you talking about, exactly? This thread isn't even about predictions it's about opinions on what we already know. You were the one who went on a tangent about people who don't like the Evoker not understanding the class then brought up your prediction about the class's guaranteed success with the playerbase, correlating it to the DH. And great, it's 8th place in popularity out of 12 classes. What a strange reply. I don't care about predictions and such nonsense you seem to be concerned with.
    Well I was responding to a prediction from another poster, then you decided to jump in and support the bizarre opinion that this class is going to flop for some rather frivolous reasons.

Again, anyone thinking this class is “guaranteed to flop” simply hasn’t been paying attention.