Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I think the idea is you want vaguely humanoid models so the entire screen isn't taken up by a full sized dragon?

like, you mention compromises and that seems like a pretty glaring one to me.
    Why does it need to be full sized? Make it mount/druid form/ hunter pet sized.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Exactly - I'd say Visage form 90% of the time, the Dragon form comes out temporarily for certain abilities, but you revert to Visage form by default when in combat. Most of the time you are doing Evoker abilities in Visage form.

When out of combat, you can use a special Mount ability, that turns you into your Dragon form, like Sandstone Drake. Anything you can and can't do on a Sandstone Drake should apply to the Dragon form.
    I would actually allow the dragon form to be fully combat capable, not just for being a mount. Only in outdoor areas as i said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    OP specifically wants it to be huge, and has stated as much.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Why? People want shrunk down dragons? Blech.

-snip-
    Because they are and want furries and scalies

snip
    They are not going to allow players to play large dragons plain and simple its not a mistake its a valid design, this is the only way players get to be a dragonoid class so suck it up and accept it, WoW is not suitable for players to play as a normal dragon at all, your opinions on the race are terrible.

The game itself can barely handle many players in one area let alone lots of large dragons.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-04-27 at 10:51 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    I argue it is a waste because WoW has only one shot at realizing the concept of playable Dragons. There would be no problem if Dracthyr are just another new and unique NPC race living on the Dragon Isles, like Sethrak or something, but being the expression of playable Dragons misses the mark completely.
    What are you expecting...to play a 20 foot tall 60 feet wide quadruped dragon, mount or bigger sized?

Oh my god! How many threads of this exact topic are we going to get? They made the Drac'thyr they showed. It's what we are getting. They made very easy to understand lore on why they look the way they do. It's very easy to understand mechanically why they do. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Yes please. I would disable the dragon form in indoor/instanced areas (dungeons, raids, arenas, battlegrounds), so crybabies can see bad and good circles on the ground. Evokers would only briefly transform during the animations of their draconic abilities. In outdoor areas you could be big ass dragon as long as you want.
    Have you heard of the Skymirror toy? For a lot of people just using that to make some ones player model slightly bigger causes a lot of people fps issues. Imagine a huge dragon suddenly appearing in the middle of a fight. Imagine 5. For several abilities. Want something like this? Play single player games. In WoW, they have to consider the people who can't afford great computers that can deal with big animations suddenly showing up. Even just to the player. Plus what the engine itself can sustain doing. And enabling the dragon form just in solo world content is just ridiculous. "Heres a cool race that turns into a huge dragon. Btw, you only see it in content you dont do that much of".
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, people do understand that creatures who look like this;

are still considered dragons, right?

I thought the answer was kinda obvious.

They reskinned Worgen. That is the only reason why Dracthyr look the way they do, it is literally Worgen, easiest most cost effective, this is what blizzard does, they re skin everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    I thought the answer was kinda obvious.

They reskinned Worgen. That is the only reason why Dracthyr look the way they do, it is literally Worgen, easiest most cost effective, this is what blizzard does, they re skin everything.
    No, they didn't reskin Worgen. Dracthyr are on a completely new rig.

Geez, people just love spreading BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No, they didn't reskin Worgen. Dracthyr are on a completely new rig.

Geez, people just love spreading BS.
    not a completely new rig, it uses the same rig demon hunter's demon form uses

TL;DR Why the hell can't Evoker be the iconic Warcraft Dragons that we have spent the last 20 years growing up with?

Dragons have been represented very consistently over the last few decades of Warcraft lore. They have a humanoid Visage which they choose based on their identity but are truly capital D Dragons. Throughout the decades of Warcraft story, Dragon characters have accompanied us on adventures.

Yet when it comes time to actually implement playable Dragons in WoW, Dracthyr design seems to be based on compromises that never had to be made in the first place, and in my view is wasting years of established Dragon lore. If you were a fan of Chromie, Kalec, Alex, Wrathion, Ysera, Ebonhorn, Nefarian, Onyxia, Krasus, Azuregos, and you were looking forward to getting to play their role in WoW, Dracthyr Evoker is a huge disappointment.

It all seems predicated on this idea that players simply can't be regular Dragons... but why the f not? We can already mount Dragons, some even transform your character into a Dragon. I would argue that the Sandstone Drake is already a better implementation of a playable Dragon race/class than Dracthyr is. It is especially funny/sad because any random with Sandstone Drake can turn into a Dragon and fly their friends around but a Dracthyr Evoker can't.

The obvious solution: Just scrap Dracthyr humanoids completely. Recycle the Dragon-head customization for regular dragons. Pour customization options into the design of ACTUAL no compromise Dragons, and drop the fur suits. The heads and faces they have designed for the Dracthyr are not bad and can be salvaged. But the furaffinity-inspired scalies are FUBAR.

Second, open up visage options to every race, just slap on some horns. So you can make your Female Gnome Evoker and RP as Chromie all the same. The Horns, and make-up, and scale-tattoos on the Human and Belf aren't bad, just expand those out to everyone.

Check these videos, this is what I mean when I say true-to-Warcraft Dragon race/class fantasy -->

Instead, the current design of the Dracthyr seems to be inspired by this kind of fantasy instead:

It is not too late to fix this mistake!
    Reminds me of https://youtu.be/MvYApd_X3a

But really: Serious dragons are beyond the humanoid powerscale even now, regardless of how badly people want to misrepresent the players' powerlevel, and mucking about as the dragon equivalent of a peon is ultimately not gonna satisfy anyone either.

So altering it into somethong akin to dnd's dragonborne, well, it fixes that stuff.
    And let's be honest: Asking to play a dragon is no less stupid than asking to play a giant, a pit lord, a faceless general or whatever other overpowered beast you might think of.

Also it's sort of funny that you are so adamant about playing a dragon yet accuse this more reasonable implementation of catering to furries.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    not a completely new rig, it uses the same rig demon hunter's demon form uses
    That's also not true.

TL;DR Why the hell can't Evoker be the iconic Warcraft Dragons that we have spent the last 20 years growing up with?

Dragons have been represented very consistently over the last few decades of Warcraft lore. They have a humanoid Visage which they choose based on their identity but are truly capital D Dragons. Throughout the decades of Warcraft story, Dragon characters have accompanied us on adventures.

Yet when it comes time to actually implement playable Dragons in WoW
    Have to stop you right there. Dracthyr are not true dragons, they are dragonoids or dragonkin. Your entire argument falls apart right there since you aren't seeing the difference.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Does the ignore list have a limit?
    why doesnt this website have a thumbs up feature?>

That's also not true.

The incubus uses the same rig as the demon hunter's metamorphasis form

- - - Updated - - -

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post

The incubus uses the same rig as the demon hunter's metamorphasis form

- - - Updated - - -

I knew it was the DH meta rig, never got to see a comparison to prove it though.

I personally don’t mind the DH rig too much TBH. Makes sense with the wings already being animated for that model.
    Chen isn't a Monk

I argue it is a waste because WoW has only one shot at realizing the concept of playable Dragons. There would be no problem if Dracthyr are just another new and unique NPC race living on the Dragon Isles, like Sethrak or something, but being the expression of playable Dragons misses the mark completely.
    That's a really weird idea. Dracthyr are supposed to be "THE expression of playable dragons." This sounds to me like this was your expectation above anything Blizzard is intended and you're mad it didn't pan out.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's also not true.
    it is true, its an altered version of it, but it is the same rig the DH metamorph uses, its the same rig the winged eredar females use, and the spider demons use, aswell as the incubus.

but thats fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content