Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    All-in-all the whole Race, and Class are both underwhelming.

While the model is probably going to be visually stunning, it could have just as easily been a visual overhaul, and more of a reuse of the already established Drakinoid form others have pointed out. In present iteration the Drac'thyr form looks WAY to... wimpy?

Fundamentally, I agree with adding a new class. Their choice of whatever this Evoker is was... bold. Instead of adding something that's more of a fan favorite like the Tinker or something (Don't start whining and complaining about Dark Rangers. They are at best a theme, not a new "class"). Maybe it's just the name. I'm less concerned with only the Drac'thyr being able to play Evoker. It is no different then DHs at this point. What is a huge fowl is that the Drac'thyr can ONLY be Evoker. That is just complete and utter foolishness. They should be able to be most of the other classes. Though I would possibly consider they shouldn't be able to play a number of the classes.

As far as playable Classes:
    Druid - Yes - Nature/Elements being very connected to Dragon flights. Druid would be feasible.
    Death Knight - No - Could be a swing since other dragons were risen in undeath, but I don't think it fits the theme. Also, the Drac'thyr were locked to Dragon Isles when all the Northrend stuff was occurring.
    Demon Hunter - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Evoker - Yes - New Drac'thyr only class.
    Hunter - Yes - No reason not to be Hunter.
    Monk - No - Could be a swing class. Initial feeling is NO.
    Mage - Yes - Dragons and Mages are synonymous
    Paladin - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Priest - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Rogue - Yes - No reason not to be Rogue.
    Shaman - Yes - Nature/Elements being very connected to Dragon flights. Shaman would be feasible.
    Warlock - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Warrior - Yes - No Reason not to be Warrior.

Evoker spec choices are fine, but should include a Tank as well. I agree the whole two-spec concept is a poor choice. Just like with DHs, they could have easily given them a 3rd ranged spec as well.
    Druid - agree

DK - agree because undead dragons turn into frost / ember wyrms

DH - agree since the DH process night react violently with the combination of the 5 flights.

Hunter - agree

Monk - disagree no reason why dracs cant use their limbs.

Mage - agree

Paladin - big disagree, dragons hold Tyr in high esteem. Would not make sense to not be the class that honor him.

Priest - disagree, if you can be a paladin u can be a priest

Rogue - agree

Shaman - agree

War - agree

Warlock - honestly depends on how dragons feel about wielding fel. I think they'd physically could be locks, unlike DHs, since they channel fel, not fuse with a demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    The two I highlighted in bold are absolutely bullshit.. how can you not say a freaking dragon is not fitting into the overall wow Arc or involving a key aspect of the game.. Dragons are a ridiculously big part of the overall wow Arc... are you high? Lay off the drugs - or get better stuff.
    simple answer: show me a novell or any warcraft game lote containing Dracthyr or Evoker.

DK on the other side have full novells around it (Teron Bloodgore)

DH or Illidari was even a full quest story in TBC

i just meant that some Dragon Evoker had never any part in wow history or lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Anyone thinking this class is going to flop hasn't been paying attention to what this class is offering. While I am disappointed that it is only 2 specs, Demon Hunters have done just fine popularity-wise with 2 specs because they have nailed the fantasy of being a demon hunter. If this class nails the fantasy of being a dragon, then it's going to do very well also. Considering this class debuts in the DRAGON Isles, it's going to be next to impossible for Blizzard not to nail the fantasy. Players are going to be completely enveloped by it throughout the entirety of the upcoming expansion.

Further, there HAVE been people awaiting the opportunity to play a character akin to Wrathion, Kalecgos, or Alexstraza. Wrathion is easily one of the top characters in WoW at the moment, especially among the younger demographic of players. People LOVE dragons as a fantasy, and WoW is giving them that opportunity which is very novel in WoW's class lineup, and frankly the lineup of many MMO games.

Just look at the fan art already popping up;

I personally predict the DE to be one of the top 3 classes in the game on a consistent basis. It's simply bringing too much to the table.
    i still say it ends like i.e. monks and will not be a driving feature for many ppls to buy the xpac. i also still say way less ppl will play it than DH in Legion.

but thats just my opinion. without any further proof. so don’t panic.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-28 at 03:16 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    without melee spec or pet for tanking, it never gonna be popular among casuals.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From my personal POV I don't like the idea of playing as a dragon. That's just me. I think they're mythical things and playing as these Drac'thyr cheapens them somewhat to me. I'm also unsure how much they fit with the rest of the WoW Classes, as they would stand out massively in comparison to every other race/class no matter what it was. They don't really have an impact with armor as they're extremely limited to what they can show in Dragon form with the tier set mainly only visible in Visage form out of combat.

If it was me and they were determined to make this Class/Spec combo, I would have the visage form be the standard combat form, with higher energy/resource/CDs turning you into the Drac'thyr form for a period or swapping in/out. I also consider it much for interesting cosmetically to be able to chose any race instead with limited additions customizations (horns/limited scales) rather than a Blood Elf Male/Human Female.

The Class has been describe as a mid-range class, so how does that work? Does it need to be stood somewhere between the Melee and Ranged clusters in a mythic fight? Is their range going to be an issue for certain mechanics boss fights? I also think a melee DPS spec would make sense using Claws/Bites and short ranged fire attacks.

My final thing to wonder is, does this Class/Race have a future? Do Drac'thyr have potential future involvements in the story? Do Evokers keep making an appearance because my understand of Evokers by default are just Mages prior to the Drac'thyr/Dragonflight announcement. Death Knights, Monks and Demon Hunters all were established from Warcraft III, all have potential continuity for stories going forwards. Evokers/Drac'thyr? Erm? Are their Dragons elsewhere? I don't know about them from that POV.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Tbh, if they make them as braindead as bm hunters, so essentially a melee with 30m ranged attacks, they would be popular. As long as you can run around while attacking it doesn't really matter if you have a tank pet.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

i'm not a big fan of the model. i would've preferred either the musclebound dragonkin or the 4 legged dragonkin. that said, aesthetics is down to personal taste so that isn't a big deal. i'm more annoyed that dracthyr can't be anything but evoker. it doesn't really make sense that the drac bois were made to replicate mortal ingenuity and then limit them to magic when part of the ingenuity is physical methods too. i could buy it if it was like a spellblade class but it's a caster.

Honestly after watching the Q&A, it seems that Blizzard is sticking to their guns. I am very happy to hear that.
    I'm glad. I would rather have whatever their vision was even if it fails than trying to take on all the crappy suggestions from the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be very popular with casuals because it allows you to play as a dragon along with a highly customizable elf.

All it's going to take is some casual walking through Goldshire and seeing a Dracthyr flying in the air roasting sheep for kicks, and it's game over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    The Class has been describe as a mid-range class, so how does that work? Does it need to be stood somewhere between the Melee and Ranged clusters in a mythic fight?
    It's probably to compensate for their insane level of mobility. They can fly around the battlefield and shoot flames from their mouths while still in the air. If they could attack from 45yds, having that level of mobility would be OP.

My final thing to wonder is, does this Class/Race have a future? Do Drac'thyr have potential future involvements in the story? Do Evokers keep making an appearance because my understand of Evokers by default are just Mages prior to the Drac'thyr/Dragonflight announcement. Death Knights, Monks and Demon Hunters all were established from Warcraft III, all have potential continuity for stories going forwards. Evokers/Drac'thyr? Erm? Are their Dragons elsewhere? I don't know about them from that POV.
    They're connected to Alexstraza, Wrathion, and the other dragonflights. So yes they will have continued connection to the story, because they're connected to the dragons of WoW.

Honestly, watching this poll go makes me feel pretty confident Blizzard is making the right decision sticking to their guns with this.

The WoW community is unpleasable, this is a fact of life, people will whine about anything and pass off opinions as fact, so the fact this poll is close to 200 votes in and dead even tells me there's enough positivity to cancel out a lot of the bad faith folks who will complain to complain.

I don't know how I'm supposed to answer when we have no information, really. First impressions? I like that they're trying a new casting mechanic but I don't like the restrictiveness.

Yo dawg, we heard you like dragons so you can be a dragon while riding another dragon while you kill dragons.

I think my favorite thing about the Drac'thyr is how much angst they are causing just from being announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what your definition of "casual" is, considering someone that fits your definition is apparently unable to play a character type/class that is not a tank or has a tank pet.

Do you honestly believe casuals don't play mages, priests, windwalker/mistweaver monks, fury/arms warriors, holy/ret paladins, havoc DHs, feral/balance/resto druids, shamans, frost/unholy DKs, and rogues? Because those classes or specs don't tank or have a pet tank.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Honestly, watching this poll go makes me feel pretty confident Blizzard is making the right decision sticking to their guns with this.

The WoW community is unpleasable, this is a fact of life, people will whine about anything and pass off opinions as fact, so the fact this poll is close to 200 votes in and dead even tells me there's enough positivity to cancel out a lot of the bad faith folks who will complain to complain.
    half of the people dislike the thing, HALF and you think its a right decision

Let alone, how those pools are, you can't have an opinion that says "i like one thing about it, but i dislike another", its black and white and it doesn't open to other options.

And saying "there is enough POSITIVITY to shut down people wanting something BETTER" is hilarious.

This will just be like another thing blizzard stick to their guns and fail

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    No. It fulfills neither fantasy of being a Warcraft dragon, nor the fantasy of being a Warcraft dragonman. It doesn't look like it belong in Warcraft at all, more appropriate to some weird furry flash cartoon you would see on Youtube. And gameplay wise, not being able to tank is a let down.

This is what we should have gotten:

Or this:

It’s like a Saturday morning cartoon. They really failed. Or better yet, they look like NPC guards in w/e is going to be the new city.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I was responding to a prediction from another poster, then you decided to jump in and support the bizarre opinion that this class is going to flop for some rather frivolous reasons.

Again, anyone thinking this class is “guaranteed to flop” simply hasn’t been paying attention.
    With the amount of dragon shit on your profile, I don’t think you can be unbiased…

Indeed, ultimately for people who mostly play in the world, healers are just not a good idea and ranged specs usually feel painful to play solo with no pet. Tank spec, melee spec or ranged with pet will always be the more popular options for that playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Indeed, ultimately for people who mostly play in the world, healers are just not a good idea and ranged specs usually feel painful to play solo with no pet. Tank spec, melee spec or ranged with pet will always be the more popular options for that playstyle.
    Yet Balance Druid and MM Hunter are the most popular specs in the game, and Mages are the fourth most popular class after Druids, Paladin, and Hunters.

I think DEs will do just fine.

Make them bulkier than sure.

Not really a fan of skinny/Slender dragons

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Make them bulkier than sure.

Not really a fan of skinny/Slender dragons
    It's doubtful they're going to get bulkier. More likely it'll just be a sharper/edgier form. They're as tall as Tauren with large wings and a long tail. Making them bulkier would become a visual obstruction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    With the amount of dragon shit on your profile, I don’t think you can be unbiased…
    Which is irrelevant to the point; The idea that a dragon-based class that revolves around emulating draconic abilities is going to "flop" is a ridiculous notion. Especially considering that the DE brings exactly what the player base demanded; A new RDPS and Healing spec.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It´s plain fine.

And remember, we don´t even know 30% of the final product.