Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    On topic: It's glorious to see the mentally unstable wokes have critical meltdowns over Musk buying Twitter.
    not a single one of you people posting this exact same canned "opinion" have yet to bother pointing out who, is in fact is melting down over this.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    not a single one of you people posting this exact same canned "opinion" have yet to bother pointing out who, is in fact is melting down over this.

snip
    You should like that, it's free speech in action. And it's pretty funny to see a compilation of tweets with less than 5 likes/retweets. That means someone has been obsessed enough to spend an unreasonable amount of time to look at the most obscure tweets, just to say "OMG I OWNED LEFTARDS". Glorious. Who the fuck cares about tweets with 1 like?
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2022-04-27 at 09:34 PM.

Cool, so ban 'em all. Literally who the fuck are those people btw? Anyone noteworthy or just a bunch of total randos.

I really love the bottom right one, seeing as that perfectly encapsulates what everyone else in this pic is doing. making a statement that "freedom of speech" when it comes to social media platforms is an oxymoron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    You should like that, it's free speech in action. And it's pretty funny to see a compilation of tweets with less than 5 likes/retweets. That means someone has been obsessed enough to spend an unreasonable amount of time to look at the most obscure tweets, just to say "OMG I OWNED LEFTARDS". Glorious. Who the fuck cares about tweets with 1 like?
    also this. like wow, someone really had to put time and effort to find tweets with likes in the single digits.

[IMG]snip[IMG]
    So, you don't get the point of those tweets? It's not surprising, but the last one on that picture literally sums it up for you. Dipshits like Musk and his cultists pretend to love free speech, until it's used against them. Tweeting that Musk should be killed is "just an opinion, bro." Right?

"Leftist," "Misinformation," "Free Speech," or "fascism" in that other topic etc etc this is what I meant in my post yesterday in the Disney thread. Extremists right wingers who don't know what words mean. I really think chalking it entirely up to dishonesty misses the mark, and gives too much credit.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2022-04-28 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Just remember he is a champion of free speech!!
    Was he baned from Twitter? No?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So, you don't get the point of those tweets? It's not surprising, but the last one on that picture literally sums it up for you. Dipshits like Musk and his cultists pretend to love free speech, until it's used against them. Tweeting that Musk should be killed is "just an opinion, bro." Right?
    Do we have to take the whole Free speech vs Yell fire! (without cause) in a full movie theater, that cause a stampede, argument? Free speach shall be free, but it still do not give you the right to threatening people with murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    Do we have to take the whole Free speech vs Yell fire! (without cause) in a full movie theater, that cause a stampede, argument? Free speach shall be free, but it still do not give you the right to threatening people with murder.
    Then why are conservatives insisting that them not being able to freely spout hate speech or disinformation about public crises is equivalent to being silenced?

The point is that "free speech absolutists" don't exist and those that claim to be so are usually hypocrites whose chief gripe is that they can't be toxic and hateful without consequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    We do have to have that argument, because those accusing The Left™ of having a meltdown over this don't know what free speech even is. Under normal circumstances, people calling for someone's death like that would be entirely unacceptable. But in the context of these people doing it specifically to point out that the supposed free speech warriors also have limits to what they consider acceptable forms of speech...well...that changes things.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He said it would be very affordable to take the trip! Everyone can just borrow a small loan of $100,000 from their parents and experience the grandeur of going to another planet.
    Yeah, but they have to terraform it first. You don’t wanna go just now and pay all this money. It’s too risky! There is a little icy island in the North Pole. That’s where they should start!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Cool, so ban 'em all. Literally who the fuck are those people btw? Anyone noteworthy or just a bunch of total randos.
    This leftist this, right wing nutjobs that, is going both ways. If that where hateful tweets from the "trump" camp, it would not be a bunch of total randos to many on the left side, it would speak the truth for them how hateful the right are.
    On both sides, everyone thinks they're right. But being right like that never led to any good solution, just wars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    This leftist this, right wing nutjobs that, is going both ways. If that where hateful tweets from the "trump" camp, it would not be a bunch of total randos to many on the left side, it would speak the truth for them how hateful the right are.
    On both sides, everyone thinks they're right. But being right like that never led to any good solution, just wars
    Y'all really have a hard time understanding what hate speech is, apparently.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Death threats are not a part of free speech anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Big claims. Zero evidence.
    We've yet to see your evidence that he has a persecution complex though. Do you have connections to his therapist? Big claim to make about a person. Any links? No?

"Just take my word for it! It's pretty much textbook!"

Then proceeds to demand evidence from everyone else. Lol.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2022-04-28 at 01:22 PM.

Elon Musk Will Face Reality of His Free-Speech Talk

Tech’s big shots have learned again and again that free speech isn’t so simple. What happens when Mr. Musk owns Twitter?

A decade ago, Twitter executives, including the chief executive, Dick Costolo, declared that the social media site was the “free-speech wing of the free-speech party.” The stance meant Twitter would defend people’s ability to post whatever they wished and be heard by the world.

Since then, Twitter has been dragged into morasses over disinformation peddlers, governments’ abuse of social media to incite ethnic violence and threats by elected officials to imprison employees over tweets they didn’t like. Like Facebook, YouTube and other internet companies, Twitter was forced to morph from hard-liner on free expression to speech nanny.

Today, Twitter has pages upon pages of rules prohibiting content such as material that promotes child sexual exploitation, coordinated government propaganda, offers of counterfeit goods and tweets “wishing for someone to fall victim to a serious accident.”

The past 10 years have seen repeated confrontations between the high-minded principles of Silicon Valley’s founding generation of social media companies and the messy reality of a world in which “free speech” means different things to different people. And now Elon Musk, who on Monday struck a deal to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, wades directly into that fraught history.

Successive generations of Twitter’s leaders since its founding in 2006 have learned what Mark Zuckerberg and most other internet executives have also discovered: Declaring that “the tweets must flow,” as the Twitter co-founder Biz Stone wrote in 2011, or “I believe in giving people a voice,” as Mr. Zuckerberg said in a 2019 speech, is easy to say but hard to live up to.

Soon, Mr. Musk will be the one confronting the gap between an idealized view of free speech and the zillion tough decisions that must be made to let everyone have a say.

His agreement to buy Twitter puts the combative billionaire, who is also the chief executive of Tesla and SpaceX, at the white-hot center of the global free-speech debate. Mr. Musk has not been specific about his plans once he becomes Twitter’s owner, but he has bristled when the company has removed posts and barred users, and has said Twitter should be a haven for unfettered expression within the bounds of the law.

Mr. Musk is a relative dilettante on the topic and hasn’t yet tackled the difficult trade-offs in which giving one person a voice may silence the expression of others, and in which an almost-anything-goes space for expression might be overrun with spam, nudity, propaganda from autocrats, the bullying of children and violent incitements.

During Mr. Trump’s presidency — particularly in the early months of the coronavirus pandemic and then as Mr. Trump and his supporters spread false claims about voter fraud in the 2020 election — Twitter, Facebook and YouTube changed their tune about the role they played in fanning anger, lies, distortions and division that left some people feeling exhausted and cynical about the world around them.

Twitter and Facebook, pressured at times by their employees, took more steps to pull down or label posts that might break their rules against false information and tinkered with computer systems to suppress viral lies from spreading far and fast.

Facebook, Twitter and YouTube also kicked Mr. Trump off their platforms after the Capitol riot of Jan. 6, 2021.

It was a crossing-the-Rubicon moment when the “tweets must flow” crowd acknowledged that it could and should do more to prevent people from using its internet properties to blare information that could mislead or harm others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    MyPillow guy just got his account back… unless it’s fake.
    It's fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death threats are not a part of free speech anywhere.
    Actually, in the USA, they are protected speech, unless the target has reasonable cause to think they're legitimate and there's an actual physical threat. And randos spouting off on Twitter don't qualify.

You can get banned off Twitter for it, but the police aren't going to track you down about it, because it's literally not against the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter publicly announces it lied about its user count in what I suspect was an out-the-door stunt purely to fuck with Elon Musk.

Twitter on Thursday reported mixed first-quarter earnings, missing Wall Street expectations on revenue but adding users. It also admitted to over-counting some monetizable daily active users between Q1 2019 and Q4 2021.

The company brought in $1.2 billion in revenue last quarter, just shy of analyst estimates. Other ad-supported tech giants also missed Q1 revenue expectations in response to macroeconomic headwinds impacting the ad market.

Twitter also said it accidentally over-counted the number of monetizable daily active users because of a feature that allowed people to link multiple separate accounts together in order to conveniently switch between them. It counted those two separate accounts as two users for more than three years.

This isn't the first time Twitter has admitted to over-counting its user base. In 2017, the company said it overstated its user base numbers for the previous three years.

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/...80761749016577

Next I'm buying Coca-Cola to put the cocaine back in
    Comedy fucking gold.