View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the final boss of Dragonflight?

Voters
106. This poll is closed
  • Galakrond

31 29.25%
  • Murozond

43 40.57%
  • Chromatus

14 13.21%
  • Revived Deathwing

4 3.77%
  • Unknown evil dragon

3 2.83%
  • Xal'atath

2 1.89%
  • Revived Y'Shaarj

2 1.89%
  • Unknown Old God

0 0%
  • Corrupted Titan-forged

2 1.89%
  • Azshara

1 0.94%
  • Zovaal

4 3.77%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    A bit of an aside, but it would be really cool to have a mid-patch where we're dealing with a Centaur clan and stronghold as antagonists, with their end boss being a chieftain or something--similar to the Thunder King and the Mogu in MoP. But yeah in terms of a final boss, I'd be happy with either Murozond or Galakrond. But Murozond does seem more likely.
    I am really curious to see how they explain the presence of these centaur clans in the Dragon Isles, given what we already know about Kalimdor's centaur having been created 1,000 or so years before the opening of the Dark Portal.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I am really curious to see how they explain the presence of these centaur clans in the Dragon Isles, given what we already know about Kalimdor's centaur having been created 1,000 or so years before the opening of the Dark Portal.
    They said a wild god lead them there, maybe the wild god made a deal with murozond to take them back in time and drop them off on the island before their race existed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    They said a wild god lead them there, maybe the wild god made a deal with murozond to take them back in time and drop them off on the island before their race existed?
    Murozond doesn't seem likely to collaborate with Wild Gods - though it's possible time-travel hijinks were involved. The centaur could also just be one of those evolutions that's more or less natural when elemental and natural energies are joined, and there seems to be plenty of both available on the Dragon Isles.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3+ Year Old Account
    I think Chromatus and Galakrond will both either be sub bosses or mid expansion raid end bosses. I think the final boss is prob going to be either Murozond/ old God collective return introducing a void light expansion. When it comes to wow and Dragons, old gods are almost always involved. So Azshara or Xal'atath might even be involved in the end game.

I can picture the wild uncontrolled scourge roaming Azeroth after the events of Shadowlands leading Necromancy used by the left-over scourge to resurrect Galakrond who starts by attacking wyrmrest temple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Why would Murozond be a better candidate than Galakrond or Chromatus? He's weaker than both of those dragons. Not to mention that we have already beaten him once in a dungeon.
    Because those two are not intelligent enough to be expansion ending bosses. They would be huge threats yea but not like that. Murozond makes Moe's sense because he would reintroduce the void back into the story.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Secret mythic only boss. We beat Galakrond at the end but then Hogger pops up and absorbs what he can of Galakrond. He becomes Hoggerkrond, the Devourer!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I think Murozond is the most likely of those mentioned (particularly since they've made a point of bringing up infinite dragons several times), but I'm giving my vote to Ragnaros. We're talking about resurfacing elemental energy and we know the Dark Irons were resurrecting him and we'll be dealing with elemental drakes, so I envision an elemental lord resurgence during the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

This is true, but we also didn't kill Garrosh at the end of MoP.
    Did we ever find out who replaced Ragnaros as the firelands new elemental lord since he's perm dead I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Murozond doesn't seem likely to collaborate with Wild Gods - though it's possible time-travel hijinks were involved. The centaur could also just be one of those evolutions that's more or less natural when elemental and natural energies are joined, and there seems to be plenty of both available on the Dragon Isles.
    He is also a dragon that can see all of time, might be he just needs one very specific centaur to exist that sides with him so he guilded then there in the past. 5d chess is alot easier when you can actually see in 5d

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Did we ever find out who replaced Ragnaros as the firelands new elemental lord since he's perm dead I think?
    Smolderon became the new Firelord after Ragnaros' death. Though the Dark Iron Dwarf recruitment questline hints that Ragnaros may eventually return, as a cult dedicated to him is trying to find a way to resurrect him, and are still at large.

Blizz can't help themselves when it comes to corruption arcs and resurrections, it will either be corrupted alexstrasza or deathwing
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2022-04-21 at 09:46 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I could see Wrathion following in his family's footsteps, could be acting like an agent of the void or one of the old gods.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Either Nozdormu turning into Murozond or a timey-wimey Murozond.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Personally, I think it's going to be Azshara, who is helped by Murozond. Murozond may be the main villain but he can't be killed: he had to time travel back to Cataclysm for his final death .

We know Azshara wants the "true throne of power" and this can absolutely be her own throne in Zin'azshari. Note how the very first thing we see in the cinematic is the sundering, which was also a Cata dungeon, the Well of Eternity. The very same dungeon in which we got the Dragon Soul for the first time.

I predict Murozond is going to offer Azshara a deal: he will create an alternate timeline where she beats the Legion, in exchange for something.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Of new expansion: Dragonflight?
    Why is not Wrathion an option? It's obvious gonna be Wrathion.

Wrathion has been set up as a villain since mist of Pandaria. He's always been arrogant, seeing him and the black dragons to be above the other aspects, and mortals even more so.

I saw one or two lines about him during the reveal. He is trying to restore the Black Dragonflight to It's former glory - but is he really the one to lead the Black Dragonflight? Something like that.

No, he will end up getting corrupted just like his father - if he ain't already corrupted.

If Wrathion doesn't end up being an end boss, then he will be a tier boss.
    --- Chrinas likes his girls like an old man likes his whisky - 12 years old, and stored in the basement. - Former member of Bring Flask or Else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Murozond will be a gateway boss that will enable whatever he'd pull through some timeline to be a final boss. That whatever can be anything really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I hope Chromatus at least makes an appearance

Hell, you can make a storyline out of it, about trying to breach its defenses as the dragon is basically unkillable right now
    I get where you are coming from, but that would feel too familiar. We basically did the same thing with Deathwing + Dragon Soul, and we also recently had something like this with the MacGuffin Crown of Wills needed to get closer to the Jailer. Come to think of it, the same gimmick was used with N'zoth too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I get where you are coming from, but that would feel too familiar. We basically did the same thing with Deathwing + Dragon Soul, and we also recently had something like this with the MacGuffin Crown of Wills needed to get closer to the Jailer. Come to think of it, the same gimmick was used with N'zoth too.
    I guess, but considering Chromatus is supposedly Deathwing's masterpiece and in the Dragon Islands his terrible looking Drachtyr soldiers appear... Well, there might be an insight on how is Chromatus so strong.

Of course, this is assuming Blizzard even remembers writing Chromatus in a book
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Galakrond or Murozond, the one that ends up being the final boss will set the other one to be the last boss of the previous raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daianapotter View Post
    I hope it is Wrathion.
    Wrathion was a doorman boss in Ny'alotha.. Once a doorman, always a doorman.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Wrathion was a doorman boss in Ny'alotha.. Once a doorman, always a doorman.
    Wrathion wasn't a boss in Ny'alotha at all, that was actually a faceless one named Ki'merax pretending to be Wrathion. You can see the actual form of Ki'merax as a corpse when the Wrathion encounter is completed, and the true Wrathion appears after the fight to lightly chide the player(s) about doubting him so much.