Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Like them a lot, they are actually renewing my interest in WoW despite DF not having a couple of things I was hoping for. They are certainly better looking than the derpy looking draconic humanoids we have in game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    A dragon class not having a black dragon influenced spec when they were MADE by THE black dragon, makes zero sense. They have Red,Blue,Bronze,Green..... but no black? Why not? Especially since they were made by a black dragon. It looks like they simply didn't want to do the work to make a tank black dragon spec work.
    Until we see the actual abilities, we might as well assume Black dragonflight abilities will be core abilities available to both specs. I mean, there's a Frost Swipe and there is no Ice dragonflight, so who knows what we will actually get in the end.

At they said in their twitter chat that they don't think "black=tank" like the community is fixated on. They envision "evoker=ranged".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy28 View Post
    Like them a lot, they are actually renewing my interest in WoW despite DF not having a couple of things I was hoping for. They are certainly better looking than the derpy looking draconic humanoids we have in game right now.
    A problem I had was all the pre-reveal hype we all got into creating a very specific vision of what the class would be. It took a week, but I'm coming around to the concept. These are not dragons like the ones we know from WoW history. These are a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The race and class are one so you cant be an evoker without being a dracthyr, would make no sense if other races could be one.
    Didn’t say anything about other races being Evokers

I like the Dracthyr Evoker, I just wish the Dracthyr could be other classes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Didn’t say anything about other races being Evokers
    Thats what you are saying though, the race and class for the dracthyr is the same thing, the race itself is one class the evoker, it makes no sense for them to be anything other because that would mean they lose all dragon abilities.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

People seem to forget that skinny Dragon people are an established thing in WoW:

That's what they planned on being playable back in the day.

As for Visage form, i feel like Draconic features are meant to be menacing, not attractive:

I was honestly very skeptical of dracthyr when I saw the leaked screenshots of them, but they really do remind of me upright drakes. The heads are terrific, and as much as I think it'd be cool for them to be quadrupedal, it's not a deal breaker for me.

My biggest concerns with the race are:

a) Will they be able to display armor? If not, or if it's minimal, then will their tier sets at least give them unique armor in dracthyr form?

b) Why can't they level Dragonriding to apply to themselves instead of their drake? I think them being their own mount would really bring the whole fantasy home.

c) Will the Black dragonflight be represented in the base class spells, if they're not getting a spec like red/blue and green/bronze? I'm fond of the idea of Neltharion making his own flight the evoker's bedrock and building the others' abilities on top of that foundation.

Thats what you are saying though, the race and class for the dracthyr is the same thing, the race itself is one class the evoker, it makes no sense for them to be anything other because that would mean they lose all dragon abilities.
    I have an opinion, which is I don’t like the fact the new race can be one class. You obviously have head canon that says if a Drakthyr picks up a sword or dagger they lose all dragon abilities, which is dumb. Your head canon doesn’t change my opinion.

I have an opinion, which is I don’t like the fact the new race can be one class. You obviously have head canon that says if a Drakthyr picks up a sword or dagger they lose all dragon abilities, which is dumb. Your head canon doesn’t change my opinion.
    Thats the way it works in the game WoW you cant be a race/class that wields all five dragonflights powers and be another class so its not head canon, the only head canon stuff is your own opinion, so it makes no sense at all for the race to be another class when it was born to use all the dragons powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Paladin - big disagree, dragons hold Tyr in high esteem. Would not make sense to not be the class that honor him.

Priest - disagree, if you can be a paladin u can be a priest
    Tyr was held in esteem not because of any supposed connection to the Light. It was because he was a Titan Keeper (arcane in nature). He has been connected to the Paladin's because he was seen as an inspiration. He exemplified traits that the Paladin's valued which is why they adopted him. The Order of the Silver Hand is a direct reference to him. His weapon, Tyr's Hand, WAS infused with Light, but it was NOT from Tyr.

I suggested excluding BOTH Light and Fel because the Dragon's themselves are already inherently magical. The Drac'thyr even more so since they are a combination of all five aspects. Based on how the dragon's have acted for the entirety of the WoW universe I would have them see both as below them. Not only that, but their magics are tied directly to nature and the elements. I'm sure Blizzard could contrive some reason for. I just suggest it wouldn't be right.

Thats the way it works in the game WoW you cant be a race/class that wields all five dragonflights powers and be another class so its not head canon, the only head canon stuff is your own opinion, so it makes no sense at all for the race to be another class when it was born to use all the dragons powers.
    And yet I gave my opinion in a thread asking for people’s opinion about Evokers and Drakthyr. So idk if you are Taliesin, Danuser, or whoever, but you chose to come after me instead of just answering the OP yourself. My opinion is a dragon race that only casts spells is dumb. I don’t care if they channel twelve dragon colors and have a racial ability to make lighting shoot out of the Jailor’s ass in the Shadowlands to smite people in Azeroth, a race that can do one thing is dumb. Sorry if you are offended by that. Rest assured if you try hard enough on here Ion might autograph your “I heart Drakthyr” poster you drew in crayon.

Evoker: The idea is certainly interesting, but it did not excite me as much as some other class announcements (DK >= DH > Monk ≈ Evoker). Still, we currently don't know that much about them, and there is a lot of potential. I wonder how much will they incorporate flying into their combat abilities. (Edit: I just saw "Soar is the ability that lets you hover in the air for a duration while casting abilities on the move." from the Holinka interview. I meant this kind of stuff.)

Dracthyr: I agree with the proposed proportion changes as it currently looks a bit flimsy, but I don't care that much either. I probably wouldn't use the visage form, though. It gives me a strange Japanese anime/RPG vibe, I am not sure. I don't care about the race-class restriction. I guess I don't care that much about playing a drakonid race overall.

I still think it has much more potential than Pandaren and Monk, at least mechanics-wise, so I will wait and see. Honestly, I am too busy dreaming about the new talent system.
    Last edited by Ezekeel; 2022-04-28 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    Tyr was held in esteem not because of any supposed connection to the Light. It was because he was a Titan Keeper (arcane in nature). He has been connected to the Paladin's because he was seen as an inspiration. He exemplified traits that the Paladin's valued which is why they adopted him. The Order of the Silver Hand is a direct reference to him. His weapon, Tyr's Hand, WAS infused with Light, but it was NOT from Tyr.

I suggested excluding BOTH Light and Fel because the Dragon's themselves are already inherently magical. The Drac'thyr even more so since they are a combination of all five aspects. Based on how the dragon's have acted for the entirety of the WoW universe I would have them see both as below them. Not only that, but their magics are tied directly to nature and the elements. I'm sure Blizzard could contrive some reason for. I just suggest it wouldn't be right.
    Well dragons, especially blue dragons, have a natural affinity and curiosity to magic in general so I feel that they would naturally wanna learn more about the light, especially from an order that shares their reverence to Tyr.

And yet I gave my opinion in a thread asking for people’s opinion about Evokers and Drakthyr. So idk if you are Taliesin, Danuser, or whoever, but you chose to come after me instead of just answering the OP yourself. My opinion is a dragon race that only casts spells is dumb. I don’t care if they channel twelve dragon colors and have a racial ability to make lighting shoot out of the Jailor’s ass in the Shadowlands to smite people in Azeroth, a race that can do one thing is dumb. Sorry if you are offended by that. Rest assured if you try hard enough on here Ion might autograph your “I heart Drakthyr” poster you drew in crayon.
    Dragons are magic casters in WoW so nothing dumb about it, i dont care about the class or game in general but a dragonoid class should be done correctly and being a caster is what its suited for, melee for one would be a complete waste since its the most boring role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don’t care about the class at all, the race being only Evoker is a non-starter for me. The whole expansion reveal was one of the worst experiences in the history of WoW for me. Went from totally stoked to finally get a reptilian player race, something I’ve wanted since the beginning, to totally disinterested with every detail they revealed about the race.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    People seem to forget that skinny Dragon people are an established thing in WoW:
    Keyword here: Skinny Dragon

Not skinny lizard, skinny gecko or skinny dinosaur.

Maloriak proportions are much better, even by being skinny

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

That's what they planned on being playable back in the day.
    Is it just me or does it say 'Fan Art by xxxxxxx' at the bottom?

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Is it just me or does it say 'Fan Art by xxxxxxx' at the bottom?
    I believe that specific art piece is from the Art of World of Warcraft.

Idk why it says fan art though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Dragons are magic casters in WoW so nothing dumb about it, i dont care about the class or game in general but a dragonoid class should be done correctly and being a caster is what its suited for, melee for one would be a complete waste since its the most boring role.
    Dracthyr are not dragons. They are Dragonkin just like Dragonspawn, Draknoids, Dragonmen, and Drakeadon. Would you like to argue about water being wet now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Keyword here: Skinny Dragon

Not skinny lizard, skinny gecko or skinny dinosaur.

Maloriak proportions are much better, even by being skinny
    Dracthyr look like dragons though.