Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I dont think you even understand the meaning of the words you are using.
    You've been accusing me of just being a pathetic addict of a game when you have zero evidence to back such an accusation up. You've been accusing me being negative for next to no reason and it's just because I hate the game and nothing else. Both are examples of gaslighting. You've also called me pathetic, cringe, and a liar. Which is ad hominem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Truth hurts "bro"

- - - Updated - - -

It is not an opinion. It is fact that ff14 is the single worst thing created in the last 50 years in gaming. Nothing comes close to how utterly crap every single aspect of it is. Even seeing the opening scene causes me to vomit.
    So basically because it's doing better than WoW currently, you're going to shit all over it. I'd be willing to bet you've never played it and are basing your opinions off some cringe youtube video.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You've been accusing me of just being a pathetic addict of a game when you have zero evidence to back such an accusation up. You've been accusing me being negative for next to no reason and it's just because I hate the game and nothing else. Both are examples of gaslighting. You've also called me pathetic, cringe, and a liar. Which is ad hominem.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically because it's doing better than WoW currently, you're going to shit all over it. I'd be willing to bet you've never played it and are basing your opinions off some cringe youtube video.
    Dude. Ive literally hated FF14 since day 1 it came out. Day fucking 1. I do not care if people like that shit game. It is shit. Period.

Dude. Ive literally hated FF14 since day 1 it came out. Day fucking 1. I do not care if people like that shit game. It is shit. Period.
    And I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit. Because the comments you've posted about it just come off as the kind of angry drivel people spew on reddit about topics that know nothing about.

- - - Updated - - -

When did I call you pathetic, cringe and a liar?

Im drawing my conclusion about you being somewhat hooked on wow cause even though you find this game utter garbage fire shit(your words), you yet partake in fanforums about said game. What are you trying to achive with that? You have disliked the direction of the game for a long time and are at the point you heavily hate it(and its obvious), yet you activly spend time and go out of your way to tell everyone how shit the game is.

If you actually engaged more positivly with somewhat levelheaded feedback beyond "this is dogshit", I fail to understand why you are even here. Its perfectly fine you dislike & hate wow, I can very well understand why. But to go from that to being outright mad about others liking wow is just weird.

I think FF14 is a very bad MMORPG and I dont understand why people have flocked to it, but I dont go out of my way to tell them how shit it is. In fact, I have disliked all FF games all my life. Different folks, different strokes. That said, my opinion about FF14 doesnt matter.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2022-04-28 at 05:21 PM.

And I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit. Because the comments you've posted about it just come off as the kind of angry drivel people spew on reddit about topics that know nothing about.
    Ok. Think what you want. It's still a shit game. Ive literally kicked people from my guild/raid after finding out the are associated with it. I remember learning our main tank played it after they mentioned it in discord. I instantly kicked them on the middle of the fight, got a nother guild member to be main tank. That is how much I loathe it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, gotta love coming to read opinions about a World of Warcraft developer interview on a Blizzard games fansite only for the replies to turn into "FFXIV gud, WoW bad" again.

@crusadernero No point trying to have some sort of coherent discussion with certain people here, you'll just get buzzwords thrown at you in an attempt to try make some sort of point. You'll just frustrate yourself.

This place never ceases to entertain though.

Why am I not surprised it was Taliesin?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    When did I call you pathetic, cringe and a liar?

Im drawing my conclusion about you being somewhat hooked on wow cause even though you find this game utter garbage fire shit(your words), you yet partake in fanforums about said game. What are you trying to achive with that? You have disliked the direction of the game for a long time and are at the point you heavily hate it(and its obvious), yet you activly spend time and go out of your way to tell everyone how shit the game is.

If you actually engaged more positivly with somewhat levelheaded feedback beyond "this is dogshit", I fail to understand why you are even here. Its perfectly fine you dislike & hate wow, I can very well understand why. But to go from that to being outright mad about others liking wow is just weird.

I think FF14 is a very bad MMORPG and I dont understand why people have flocked to it, but I dont go out of my way to tell them how shit it is. In fact, I have disliked all FF games all my life. Different folks, different strokes. That said, my opinion about FF14 doesnt matter.
    I never once got mad at people for liking the game. I get mad at people like you who gaslight others when anything negative is said about the game. You do it literally in every single thread you post in.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. Think what you want. It's still a shit game. Ive literally kicked people from my guild/raid after finding out the are associated with it. I remember learning our main tank played it after they mentioned it in discord. I instantly kicked them on the middle of the fight, got a nother guild member to be main tank. That is how much I loathe it.
    Wow so not only have you never played the game but you're an absolute asshole about it too. Mentalities like yours are why WoW's community is a fucking cesspool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Lol, gotta love coming to read opinions about a World of Warcraft developer interview on a Blizzard games fansite only for the replies to turn into "FFXIV gud, WoW bad" again.

@crusadernero No point trying to have some sort of coherent discussion with certain people here, you'll just get buzzwords thrown at you in an attempt to try make some sort of point. You'll just frustrate yourself.

This place never ceases to entertain though.
    translation: "They're just throwing around buzzwords despite what they are saying aptly describes the comments being thrown at them. So instead of admitting they're right, I'm going to accuse them of using buzzwords that don't apply even though they do."

I never once got mad at people for liking the game. I get mad at people like you who gaslight others when anything negative is said about the game. You do it literally in every single thread you post in.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow so not only have you never played the game but you're an absolute asshole about it too. Mentalities like yours are why WoW's community is a fucking cesspool.

- - - Updated - - -

translation: "They're just throwing around buzzwords despite what they are saying aptly describes the comments being thrown at them. So instead of admitting they're right, I'm going to accuse them of using buzzwords that don't apply even though they do."
    Ive actually played the game. I played it for a while. 8 years infact until I got sick of literally feeling nothing but pure hate for every single person I see in the game or talk to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honest question though: Do you find it normal to frequent this fansite and often post negatively (because let's be honest, you don't have anything positive to say) about World of Warcaft when you've apparently quit and moved on?

Ive actually played the game. I played it for a while. 8 years infact until I got sick of literally feeling nothing but pure hate for every single person I see in the game or talk to.
    I don't believe you at all. Especially with how asinine your comments about it have been.

- - - Updated - - -

Honest question though: Do you find it normal to frequent this fansite and often post negatively (because let's be honest, you don't have anything positive to say) about World of Warcaft when you've apparently quit and moved on?
    I'm allowed to comment about a game I've been playing for 12 years. Mentalities like yours, much like Ultrrabbit, are why the community is so fucking toxic. People aren't allowed to say anything negative about the game. They should just shut up and quit right?

That's not what the meaning of borrowed power is. You people can't just lump the term "borrowed power" on everything you do not like. It is childish and frankly humiliating to have the game associates with people like that.
    The flying, not the borrowed power; they wouldn't bother making it more difficult to get places if you didn't need to get there.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Basad on this answer alone, and not even considering everything else you've written in this thread, I would strongly advise you to seek immediate professional psychological help, becase you obviously need it...
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm allowed to comment about a game I've been playing for 12 years. Mentalities like yours, much like Ultrrabbit, are why the community is so fucking toxic. People aren't allowed to say anything negative about the game. They should just shut up and quit right?
    You seem to have this habit of putting words in peoples mouths.

Firstly, I have no quarrel with FFXIV, I don't care much for it but I don't think it's a bad game. So what mentality are you talking about exactly, because mine is not Ultrabbit's.

Secondly, constructive criticism is always welcome. But it should be that, constructive. People constantly hijacking threads with how "FFXIV is a better game" is not constructive.

Firstly, I have no quarrel with FFXIV, I don't care much for it but I don't think it's a bad game. So what mentality are you talking about exactly, because mine is not Ultrabbit's.

Secondly, constructive criticism is always welcome. But it should be that, constructive. People constantly hijacking threads with how "FFXIV is a better game" is not constructive.
    I didn't hijack anything. The FFXIV talk mostly started with Ultrrabbit throwing a shit fit over it. And the mentality I'm talking about is people acting like anything negative said about WoW is considered nothing but mindless complaining. And as evidenced by crusadernero, even when I went into detail about problems with the game, those same people will still call it useless complaining.

To be fair, copying some (good) ideas from FFXIV has been beneficial to WoW. It's always ideal to copy the good from others and remove the bad from yourself. This is how one improves. To work in a vacuum is a Bad Idea (TM).

The fact some people here are genuinely and sincerely triggered by things FFXIV related really does speak trauma and that they need therapy. WoW folks are similar. When WoW deviated from the norm - it sent a fair amount of people into a deep depression because WoW was their identity. Same with FFXIV or any other game a person devotes a fair amount of time to.

When people say GW2, for example, is better because you can deposit reagents in the world directly instead of going to a bank - is constructive. It's just an opinion you may or may not like. Or one could point out how transportation works in FFXIV or GW2 is way ahead of anything WoW offers currently.

Quote Originally Posted by olioster View Post
    I want a definitive answer, damnit! Account wide reputation or no?! This is make or break for me.
    Or at least a return to MoP's system where, when one character reached Revered, you could buy an item and it granted 100% boost to rep account-wide.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't hijack anything. The FFXIV talk mostly started with Ultrrabbit throwing a shit fit over it. And the mentality I'm talking about is people acting like anything negative said about WoW is considered nothing but mindless complaining. And as evidenced by crusadernero, even when I went into detail about problems with the game, those same people will still call it useless complaining.
    Yeah just to clarify I didn't mean you specifically, when I said "people" I meant it in a generalised way.

And yeah, there are always going to be people who can't take people saying something negative about the game they enjoy/love, but I reckon if you went to a FFXIV fansite you'd have the same there, or any game fansite for that matter.

It's just amusing how half the time all these news threads devolve into game vs game arguing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    To be fair, copying some (good) ideas from FFXIV has been beneficial to WoW. It's always ideal to copy the good from others and remove the bad from yourself. This is how one improves. To work in a vacuum is a Bad Idea (TM).

The fact some people here are genuinely and sincerely triggered by things FFXIV related really does speak trauma and that they need therapy. WoW folks are similar. When WoW deviated from the norm - it sent a fair amount of people into a deep depression because WoW was their identity. Same with FFXIV or any other game a person devotes a fair amount of time to.

When people say GW2, for example, is better because you can deposit reagents in the world directly instead of going to a bank - is constructive. It's just an opinion you may or may not like. Or one could point out how transportation works in FFXIV or GW2 is way ahead of anything WoW offers currently.
    I agree entirely, copying some good ideas from what other MMO's do is a solid thing to do. What I meant was that it's very common for these news posts to devlove into FFXIV vs WoW fighting.

WoW has copied a lot of stuff from other MMO's. One example I can think off at the top of my head is Warhammer's Online open world group quests (at least I think they were the first to implement that and Blizzard saw it and copied it into what we now have as World Quests).

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    There were tons of questions about Dracthyr model and demand of bulky version and ability to show armor.
    None of them were answered.
    Looks like tradition of ignoring players feedback is still here.
    The Art team has added an amazing array of customizations for both forms. There's a blog post in the works by the artists to talk through the options in more detail.

And it was already mentioned about a slider for slim/bulk sizes in another interview. Learn some patience....

I don't believe you at all. Especially with how asinine your comments about it have been.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao FF14 community is 1000% more toxic. The things Ive heard from people on that game makes the players on wow sound like church goers. It is actually replusive.