10+ Year Old Account
    I understand why they're doing it and such but I think some race restrictions mattered.

Not including things like BE could be warriors back in the day, thats stupid IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Dayum, Holinka just dropped on MrGM's interview that all races can be rogues, mages and priests in 10.0 (including Tauren rogues) with more stuff coming moving forwards as they want to get rid of the race/class limitation.
    Huh, maybe they actually will give dracthyr other classes down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Maybe once they're more "integrated" with the rest of the world later on in 10.0 or even 11.0? Or Dracthyr will forever be the exception to that rule.

Dayum, Holinka just dropped on MrGM's interview that all races can be rogues, mages and priests in 10.0 (including Tauren rogues) with more stuff coming moving forwards as they want to get rid of the race/class limitation.
    Good fucking riddance "Draenei can't be rogues" bullshit arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Good fucking riddance "Draenei can't be rogues" bullshit arguments.
    There basically was no argument since they could use camouflage as a hunter lol

If they do this without giving any lore reasons, they are shitting on the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    There doesn't need to be that many lore reasons, it's not like these classes are something like druid or DH, it makes sense most races could become a rogue or mage with proper training, or a priest based on being converted by other races in their faction.

you don't really need a lot of lore reasons for Mages, Priests and Rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    There basically was no argument since they could use camouflage as a hunter lol
    Oh I know, but some people are very adamant. I've argued in favor of Draenei rogues for ages.

There's Draenei rogues in the Rangari, followers too. There's Mishka in SI:7 who is seen stealthing, dual wielding daggers. Camo as you said. And so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Came back and heard Draenei Rogue is happening, ez clap

That's more than enough for me to play the expansion, I have always wanted a Draenei Lock or Rogue.

There doesn't need to be that many lore reasons, it's not like these classes are something like druid or DH, it makes sense most races could become a rogue or mage with proper training, or a priest based on being converted by other races in their faction.
    But what about Warlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    I think the decision to limit the Drac'thyr only to Evokers is because they start at level 58 due to being a heroic class. Evokers are essentially their introduction to the world, and the world's introduction to these supersoldiers after thousands of years of hibernation and no one knowing of them even existing aside from Deathwing. It makes no sense for them to be a level 1 Mage going from meeting Alexstrasza on the Dragon Isles to questing in Elwynn (or Chromie time, or whatever). Maybe there can be a questline that involves a new generation of Drac'thyr as an Allied Race of sorts taking on the world as something other than Evoker.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But what about Warlocks?
    Holinka explained in the interview that they wouldn't make Paladin and Warlock become a thing for everyone without adding explanations for it in game, something in those lines

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Zero shitting going on. This is not the case of Draenei going Locks, which would be kinda big thing. But pretty much every race has some kind of a scout/reckon units that can now pose as a rogue.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Yes, but they still need to give a reasoning, otherwise it feels very unspecial.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Holinka explained in the interview that they wouldn't make Paladin and Warlock become a thing for everyone without adding explanations for it in game, something in those lines
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Zero shitting going on. This is not the case of Draenei going Locks, which would be kinda big thing. But pretty much every race has some kind of a scout/reckon units that can now pose as a rogue.
    Tauren Mages, Rogues. People need to know why. And there's already an explanation in the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Honestly that would be fun, though who's leading the Dragonmaw these days anyway? If I remember right their last leader was so into Garrosh's pants she followed him through his heel turn and I'd honestly not be surprised if she took the entire rest of the clan with her.
    This was actually followed up on in Legion during the prestige ceremony for the PvP arifact appearance. Gorfax Angerfang now represents them.

Thats... good. As long as there's actual lore explanations and not just "lolz give everyone every class".

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I think it shouldn't be off the table: Fel magics are far less imposing now that Sargeras isn't a problem anymore.

Came back and heard Draenei Rogue is happening, ez clap

That's more than enough for me to play the expansion, I have always wanted a Draenei Lock or Rogue.
    Pretty sure the Draenei might have some hangups over being Warlocks, though.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    See, those things pass way beyond blizzard head, which amazes me how much potential they lost.

Back in MOP there was one amazing short story about a dragonmaw orc, named Koak, who fall from those airhips in one of the faction battles in pandaren, and by luck he saved one egg of Crimson cloud serpent, and end up being helped by the pandarens who train then.

He have all his backstory about hearing stories about his clan riding mighty dragons and spreading havoc, but he only heard then, he was one of the children who born in the enslavement camps, and had to grow to overcome that.

There is this beautiful story about him growing from the old ways of the dragonmaw, treating the drakes as beats and objects, and taming with fear, to look at then as partners, friends and even love, taming his own cloud serpent, and saying he would stand against Garrosh and maybe show a different way to the dragonmaw.

And its entirely ignored since then, i would give my right arm to see Koak leading the dragonmaw into the dragon isles and making peace with Alextrasza, to help dragons, isntead of hunting and kiling then.

But hey, selfish of me, pretty sure Danuser have some rly cool whacky story like shadownlands backing already.
    I think modern Blizzard has ego issues with certain things. Instead of looking at past lore to find those interesting kernels to follow up and tell an interesting story with, they'd rather just tell the same story with original creations. This is how we get stuff like the Jailer and Zereth Mortis.