Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Rogues, mages, and priests for all races!

Confirmed for 10.0. Cool.

Wish it was unlockable so it was a bit cooler, but whatever!

Rogues: Tauren, Highmountain Tauren, Draenei, Lightforged Draenei

Mages: Tauren, Highmountain Tauren

Priests: Orcs, Highmountain Tauren

What else am I missing?

Hmmm...

Tauren have the Grimtotems, Draenei have the Rangari.

Tauren could be Ley Walkers in the RPG.

Shadowmoon Orcs are already Priests, as well as Tauren.

That's nice. I'm already the Horde race I wanna be for my Priest. I hope cross-faction comes sooner rather than later so I can be Human.

All allowing orcs to be priests will do is that 95% of the pvpers and 75% of the pve community will switch for racials.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Confirmed for 10.0. Cool.

Wish it was unlockable so it was a bit cooler, but whatever!

Rogues: Tauren, Highmountain Tauren, Draenei, Lightforged Draenei

Mages: Tauren, Highmountain Tauren

Priests: Orcs, Highmountain Tauren

What else am I missing?
    This is weird.. Why did they skip Paladin? A thing that has been requested for Undead, Worgen and Night Elves for a long time..

Link for interview if people were curious: https://www.wowhead.com/news/mages-p...nflight-326890
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-04-28 at 07:12 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    This is weird.. Why did they skip Paladin? A thing that has been requested for Undead, Worgen and Night Elves for a long time..
    They said because it requires more lore than regular classes and more dev time because of the chargers.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Warlock and Paladin in particular will have specific lore reasons ingame Holinka said

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever we do get the Draenei locks, I do hope it also comes bundled with some unique cosmetics like red skin and such, that would be sick

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    They said because it requires more lore than regular classes and more dev time because of the chargers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Warlock and Paladin in particular will have specific lore reasons ingame Holinka said
    They should've added that time in as well then. Lore wise, the only ones that are in question, is Undead.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They should've added that time in as well then. Lore wise, the only ones that are in question, is Undead.
    I believe it was stated years ago that the worgen curse also limits them from fully utilizing the light via paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    There is also the issue with Goblins and Worgen not being monks, which I later figured out is that their animations get messed up when they do Monk specific animations...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I believe it was stated years ago that the worgen curse also limits them from fully utilizing the light via paladins.
    Yeah.. But within the statement of curses, it just opens up that the undead then is the easier to become Paladins.. It is a weird topic, if we recognize one, we have to do the other too.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    There is also the issue with Goblins and Worgen not being monks, which I later figured out is that their animations get messed up when they do Monk specific animations...
    I think it also, at least initially, had to do with both their stater zones being set in the past, and thus can't have a pandaren there.

Tauren rogues have always been in the game. They are just so good that you never see them.

RIP one of the oldest running wow jokes.

*glares in DH*

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. But within the statement of curses, it just opens up that the undead then is the easier to become Paladins.. It is a weird topic, if we recognize one, we have to do the other too.
    Easier doesn’t seem like the right word as they said it would be like being engulfed in flames as the light feels like it burns them from the inside out.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

congratz now you all can level yet another useless alt and do 0 endgame content xD

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    The animations thing isnt a limitation anymore though. See: Vulpera monks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I think it also, at least initially, had to do with both their stater zones being set in the past, and thus can't have a pandaren there.
    All of the core races current starting zones took place during Cataclysm. They added lone pandaren monks as trainers, retroactively.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.

Even just a simple quest to unlock them would be medium-low effort and massive reward. An achievement at the end of the first chapter of the Paladin Order Hall Campaign unlocks Night Elf Paladins. A quest about Calia to unlock Undead Paladins. Literally just two race/class combos per patch, indefinitely.

A monk quest to unlock Lightforged, Worgen, and Goblins all at once. Demon Hunters recruiting orcs and draenei, who would need a new short intro quest like Allied DK got.....
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-04-28 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Tauren make sense. There's that pirate Tauren in Booty Bay, not all rogues are sneaky.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-04-28 at 11:47 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post

Why can't Draenei be rogues yet?

There are hundreds of Draenei rogues in-game. All those invisible hooves clopping around us, yet we do not hear them-

...oh, I'm sorry; Not rogues. I meant assassins, scouts, and lethal agents moving unseen in the shadows. Totally NOT rogues!

Which doesn't even count the vast, VAST number of Eredar rogues, one of which is the holder of the Subtlety rogue artifact weapon, and is part of the Legion rogue's skillset.

Not to mention the Shadowgore Bloodmaidens she commands; an entire order of hooved rogues.

Not even counting all the OTHER Draenei rogue factions, like the Rangari and Ashtongue Deathwsworn.

All I want is a Draenei rogue.

I have a Dwarf rogue, a Human rogue, a Night Elf rogue, and a Gnome rogue. I really, really wish I could have a Draenei one LIKE THE COUNTLESS ONES I SEE IN-GAME.

But of course that would mean all 6 primary Alliance races could be rogues, whereas only 5 Horde races could be (no, I don't know of one single Tauren rogue in-game). And that would mean breaking that most sacred of Blizzard tenants: BALANCE.

And that sucks.

Ha ha ha, is that the sound a Draenei rogue makes? I guess didn't recognize it, since we've all been surrounded by HUNDREDS of Draenei rogues and I never heard a damn thing. FUNNY, THAT.

Feels so damn good.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't seem like a particularly big change, but definitely a good change, especially considering how many NPCs are already basically those things. Be good to see those and Hunter on all races (I think Warrior already is).
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."