Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

If they bring Master Loot, it should be available only in guilds

To avoid any problems in pugs.

yes, it should follow the same rules as guild raid kill achieves, 80%+ of the grp must be of the same guild

That makes sense but masterloot is more about blizzard wanting to strong arm loot control away from guilds and cut down on customer support.

I would guess that they are just going to rework the loot algorithm to prevent too many upgrades via trading.

This is probably going to be one of those situations where it FEELS like a victory (for a while) but it actually won’t be in the long run.

Master Loot isn't coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Master Loot isn't coming back.
    Latest interview says they want to bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    I'd say communities rather than guilds, to avoid issues with cross faction and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I would guess that they are just going to rework the loot algorithm to prevent too many upgrades via trading.

This is probably going to be one of those situations where it FEELS like a victory (for a while) but it actually won’t be in the long run.
    What? That doesn't make any sense, do you not know what Master Loot is?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    That's what masterloot used to have anyway. Like 16/20 people had to be in the same guild for master looter to be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Not to mention that one of the stated reasons was to reduce the incidence of non-tradable non-upgrades.

I'm sure the people selling boosts are just salivating at the idea of master looter coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    I'm sure the people selling boosts are just salivating at the idea of master looter coming back.
    If anything i expect the current system to handle boosting better than master looting, though i could see gold dkp making a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post

The effectiveness of freely dispensing loot is based entirely upon what loot drops… and what loot drops will be determined by an algorithm.

A proper algorithm can guarantee that Master Loot does not provide any gearing speed advantage over Personal Loot for upgrades. Hell, if tuned right, it can make it worse.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2022-04-29 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    The effectiveness of freely dispensing loot is based entirely upon what loot drops… and what loot drops will be determined by an algorithm.

A proper algorithm can guarantee that Master Loot does not provide any gearing speed advantage over Personal Loot for upgrades. Hell, if tuned right, it can make it worse.
    If that was what they wanted, they could get it done in a matter of days. That was already what was happening before they removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If that was what they wanted, they could get it done in a matter of days. That was already what was happening before they removed it.

Possibly so. But generally speaking, Blizzard has become exceedingly control-freaky about loot progression over the years, so I just don’t think this is going to be as great as some people are expecting.

They might do a monkey’s paw thing, and bake in an obvious limitation to it that people hate… or they may change an algorithm on the back end so it is less obvious… but they are almost definitely going to minimize the advantage of Master Loot.

It doesn't have to be restricted to only guilds, but it would be nice if you know on before hand if Master Loot is active. So that you can go into the LFD/LFR queue with an extra filter where you can decide if you accepts groups where Master Loot is active or not. This leaves the choice with the player and you are not forced by Party/Raid Leader to 'accept' it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    If anything i expect the current system to handle boosting better than master looting, though i could see gold dkp making a comeback.
    I doubt it, GDKP relies on multiple people that bid eachother up and boosting multiple people in Mythic Retail is a huge pain outside of the very tail end of the tier.
    Could work maybe in Heroic, i doubt however people are willing to pay huge sums for mere heroic items.

GDKP also stands and falls with its drops, in Classic / TBC, loot swing extremely wild between "utter trash" and "absolute BiS loot", whereas in Retail the loot has become a lot more standardized.
    And you basically need those high value drops to make GDKP really worth organizing.

Why not just have the Raid Leader put it to a vote amongst the guild members and pugs if they want to activate Personal Loot or Master Loot?

Whichever side wins will be the way looting works for that specific run and any subsequent run can decide by a vote between Personal Loot or Master Looter...

Or y'know... Just say you have Master Looter active in the LFG tool when you're looking for pugs to fill in empty spaces. "Hey, we're running Sepulcher and we need some people to fill in some Healer roles. Master Loot is on, link achievement. Must have Discord."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the problem isn't master loot; the problem is not being able to trade gear. let's say you have 2 Hunters, one BM one MM. both have 4 set but with different pieces. BM gets an upgrade for chest but doesn't want to use it because it breaks 4 set but also can't trade it to the MM Hunter who it would be an upgrade for because it is technically an upgrade for the BM Hunter. also then you have legendaries which interfere with tier gear - if someone has a legendary in a tier slot and they get tier from a boss for that slot then they can't trade it (at least that's what I've been told)

Why is masterloot brought back? It doesn't fit with the way loot drops are currently generated at all.
    They should just lift all loot trading restrictions and be done with it.