Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    Why Ion agreed to do an interview with Asmongold is beyond me. The guy is a wack job. I guess kudos to Ion for sitting through the idiocy.
    The way he delivers his arguments is kind of abrasive at times, but his actual points are usually spot on.

Asmongold actually had the best interview out of anyone I have seen so far. He actually didn’t seem like he was just teeing up pre-thought out questions for them to have a generic answer.

Did they talk about casuals at all? Did they talk about how the feeling is the devs focus too much on a certain class of player?

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    I don’t particularly care for Asmongold myself, but I can tell you he landed on my server in New World which I chose initially because there was no que. I logged out to restart a router and evidently Asmon who couldn’t get on the server he wanted, chose the one I was on for the same reason I did. When I tried the log back in there was 1200 in que. That is why Ion is sitting down with Asmon. He brings players with him and players and noise is what WoW needs
    Yeah, was thinking the same. I personally can't stand watching him. I don't think he's necessarily good for whichever server he lands on. Prolly fine most times, but other times his followers just lag the place out. But if I stand back and look at it while trying to remove my bias, he's probably good for the health of the game, keeping more folks subbed.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    Did they talk about casuals at all? Did they talk about how the feeling is the devs focus too much on a certain class of player?
    Yes, Ion said they want to design better and more content for people who aren't interested in raiding, dungeons, PvP, and direct character-progression systems. More casual content, collecting content, exploration content, puzzle content, etc.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Why Ion agreed to do an interview with Asmongold is beyond me. The guy is a wack job. I guess kudos to Ion for sitting through the idiocy.
    Their internal metrics must be in the toilet, for them to lean on someone like Asmondgold. His community is everything they don't want in WoW, especially the 4chan 'big dick" mentality - but as they've driven anyone with credibility away, like Preach...well, things must be really bad if they're going here.

I'll admit, I was wrong, I always believed they'd never officially acknowledge him, but...honestly, this whole game and it's surrounding constant drama? Nothing surprises me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    Imo this is a pretty good sign that maybe possibly they are willing to listen to peoples feedback now. I’m not holding my breath but it’s possible. Maybe that Microsoft deal wasn’t that bad
    Blizzard always listens to feedback. They know what the playerbase is thinking. Just because they don't implement what YOU want means nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by MuH sTaTe LiNeS View Post
    lmao. I always got the fake nice guy vibes from their youtube videos. Nice to see i was spot on with him.
    All you had to do is catch a random Twitch stream of his - it's night and day. He's extremely toxic and obnoxious over there, with his "haha you can argue al you want but I'm right because I say I am and fuck you if you disagree hahahah" nonsense.

I like how it's "Asmongold" on one side, and "WoW Director" on the other side.

The narcissism and egos of these YouTube "content creators" knows no bounds. They already have their idiot faces plastered over everything they touch. Heaven forfend someone but them gets recognition for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

The narcissism and egos of these YouTube "content creators" knows no bounds. They already have their idiot faces plastered over everything they touch. Heaven forfend someone but them gets recognition for something.
    Sorry to get in the way of you using mmo champion as a venting diary, but if you actually watch the interview, he put Ions full name underneath his face during the entire interview. Lmao

You have completely made up a reason to be mad

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    They know what the playerbase is thinking.
    Honest question, you really believe Blizzard knew what the Playerbase at large thought about the systems they implemented in Legion, BfA and Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    He IS problematic, though, and so is a huge portion of his followers. The Asmongold community is notoriously toxic for a reason. Not because people are trying to "tarnish Asmon and his follower's images," but because they actually ARE those things. If he didn't frequently take aggressive views on things he doesn't like and was generally a more pleasant person he might have a better rep and a better behaved following. But his chat only behaves as much as he does, which is not great a lot of the time.
    He was literally threatening to ban people from his stream, who were making fun of Danuser's eyebrows (Asmongold was reacting to one of the other interviews). He does not like his followers acting like completely degenerates. You can go and watch some streamer like Dr. K who is genuinely an extremely intelligent, kind and caring person and his comment section is still going to be full of degenerates. It's not the streamer that's problematic. It's humankind that is.

I used to be extremely against Asmongold (especially when he invaded my realm and made the game unplayable for days due to lag.....). But then I watched a collaboration stream between him and Dr. K (I follow the latter obviously) and I was amazed at how different he is from the image he had created for himself. And just recently I watched one of his tree house videos and woah, I was amazed by the difference in character. It was all the game design talk (that I strongly agree with) without the goofy roleplaying. Short, clear, straightforward, honest, very constructive and optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    He was literally threatening to ban people from his stream, who were making fun of Danuser's eyebrows (Asmongold was reacting to one of the other interviews). He does not like his followers acting like completely degenerates. You can go and watch some streamer like Dr. K who is genuinely an extremely intelligent, kind and caring person and his comment section is still going to be full of degenerates. It's not the streamer that's problematic. It's humankind that is.

I used to be extremely against Asmongold (especially when he invaded my realm and made the game unplayable for days due to lag.....). But then I watched a collaboration stream between him and Dr. K (I follow the latter obviously) and I was amazed at how different he is from the image he had created for himself. And just recently I watched one of his tree house videos and woah, I was amazed by the difference in character. It was all the game design talk (that I strongly agree with) without the goofy roleplaying. Short, clear, straightforward, honest, very constructive and optimistic.
    Asmongold is a complete degenerate. Zack is a smart, nice, nerdy guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MuH sTaTe LiNeS View Post
    asmongold bad. thats why
    You must be an advocate for paying for substandard content.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard always listens to feedback. They know what the playerbase is thinking. Just because they don't implement what YOU want means nothing.
    Yeah bud I’m a pretty level headed person so I can fairly easily pick apart the difference between sometbing I just personally want, and something the community as a whole is asking for. Borrowed power systems were complained about the MOMENT BfA hit the beta, but they decided to run with it for two more expansions. The last two expansions I would love to hear just one thing you believe they truly listened to and added that was a net positive since the day it was implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion was smart to interview literally one of, if not the biggest, WoW content creator there is. It truly doesn't matter whether you like him or not, he has a massive following and it would be dumb to not do an interview with him. Considering how well it went that speaks for itself.

I thought Asmon was an idiot but decided to give some of his streams a chance. After discovering his second channel you realize that Asmon is literally a character played for people, yet he makes some great arguments at times. Kudos to Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

Lol what? Ion's name was up under his video feed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Lol what? Ion's name was up under his video feed.
    People just hate streamers because they just wish they were them. I barely watch asmongold and I always hear he is this subhuman type of person, but everytime I see a clip or a video like this of him he seems like he is a pretty knowledgeable person when it comes to this game.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Heaven forbid anybody other than blizzards biggest grundle gaurdians get an interview
    Lol that made me laugh. Thank you lol

You'd rather see another interview of softball questions with generic stupid answers?