Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For Tauren mages, I hope they bring back that ANCIENT concept art lore of tauren not liking arcane magic because it brings "THE FEVER" (Whatever that is)
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It just means WoW just gets worse. Removing restrictions doesn't make it better. It just means Blizz no longer cares to even make the appearance of fixing the game...and since the lore has been flushed down the shitter because...well, it has become shit, anything that made any sense has become nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you mean story and lore shouldn't matter at all?
    Pretty much :|

Can't wait for Void Elf Paladins...because that will make sense. Lightforged Warlocks...because why not? Goblin Demon Hunters...because nothing says sacrifice like a selfish greedy race? Mechagnome Druids...because when you think nature you think of someone so cut off from nature they make their body artificial

I imagine that there will be some exceptions, but they'll be just that - the exception, not the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post

Can't wait for Void Elf Paladins...because that will make sense. Lightforged Warlocks...because why not? Goblin Demon Hunters...because nothing says sacrifice like a selfish greedy race? Mechagnome Druids...because when you think nature you think of someone so cut off from nature they make their body artificial
    I'm trying to imagine looking at Demon Hunters and thinking that their view of "sacrifice" isn't just thinly concealed power hungry vanity and I just can't get there. There were people who actually bought that rationalization? That think of Illidan killing a bunch of his own dudes for more power in that Xe'ra flashback was Illidan sacrificing?

I love playing DH but have never once not recognized their line of BS for what it is. Yes, goblins would 100/100 be happy to take on intense fel corruption in exchange for the power it affords.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by catseye543 View Post
    I imagine that there will be some exceptions, but they'll be just that - the exception, not the rule.
    I don't think there's any exception that's so important that it outweighs giving your player what they want. Even the most outlandish combo you can name can be rationalized in game with a breakaway internal faction having formed within the race/nation as a lore fig leaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    For Tauren mages, I hope they bring back that ANCIENT concept art lore of tauren not liking arcane magic because it brings "THE FEVER" (Whatever that is)
    It could be as simple as "Dalaran invites mages to train of every sapient race but didn't get the opportunity to train any Tauren till after cataclysm." For Warlocks, establish the Black Harvest is now a much larger organization & do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I'm trying to imagine looking at Demon Hunters and thinking that their view of "sacrifice" isn't just thinly concealed power hungry vanity and I just can't get there. There were people who actually bought that rationalization? That think of Illidan killing a bunch of his own dudes for more power in that Xe'ra flashback was Illidan sacrificing?
    It seems like they were trying to create a kind of post-illidan identity for the demon hunters. It feels like all demon hunters are now "former demon hunters" searching for a new identity, now that there's not many demons left. In that way new glave-wielding Tyrande fulfils that role for them.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-29 at 05:05 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It just means WoW just gets worse. Removing restrictions doesn't make it better. It just means Blizz no longer cares to even make the appearance of fixing the game...and since the lore has been flushed down the shitter because...well, it has become shit, anything that made any sense has become nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you mean story and lore shouldn't matter at all?
    This is something I have to agree with. Every good game should have a compelling story. It's the main reason people play. Playing a game solely for the purpose of obtaining items is beneficial in the short term, because you will lose interest once you have obtained everything. Games such as Oblivion, Skyrim, and The Witcher. They all have amazing stories that make players want to not only finish the game but also stay and play for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    This is something I have to agree with. Every good game should have a compelling story. It's the main reason people play. Playing a game solely for the purpose of obtaining items is beneficial in the short term, because you will lose interest once you have obtained everything. Games such as Oblivion, Skyrim, and The Witcher. They all have amazing stories that make players want to not only finish the game but also stay and play for fun.
    Did Oblivion or Skyrim say 'no, you can't learn two-handed and heavy armor because you're a khajit'?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It could be as simple as "Dalaran invites mages to train of every sapient race but didn't get the opportunity to train any Tauren till after cataclysm." For Warlocks, establish the Black Harvest is now a much larger organization & do the same.
    Why? That's boring.
    Twas brillig

Why? That's boring.
    Isn't that Monks

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catseye543 View Post
    Did Oblivion or Skyrim say 'no, you can't learn two-handed and heavy armor because you're a khajit'?
    I don’t remember. Probably not. Haven’t played this long time but I guess every class is also available for every race it’s just some races have special bonuses for it.

Because the DKs we play as were former Argent Crusaders. The idea being they train everyone to be a Paladin or Priest, whereas Gilneas doesn't.

It's not that its impossible, its more that its a cover for the priorities & time constraints of game development.
    The worgen DK are from Arugal's creations and presumably come from the same sect that we see in Grizzly Hills (granted, it's all timey wimey since worgen weren't playable when DKs first came out). They had nothing to do with the Argent Dawn/Crusade.

It could be as simple as "Dalaran invites mages to train of every sapient race but didn't get the opportunity to train any Tauren till after cataclysm." For Warlocks, establish the Black Harvest is now a much larger organization & do the same.It seems like they were trying to create a kind of post-illidan identity for the demon hunters. It feels like all demon hunters are now "former demon hunters" searching for a new identity, now that there's not many demons left. In that way new glave-wielding Tyrande fulfils that role for them.
    Post-Wrath DKs have never gotten enough examination and post-Sargeras/Illidan DHs even less, even though there is interesting class lore there. Demon Hunters have to find their way in the world, a purpose without a Legion to take vengeance on and drive back, and decide whether or not the trade of pain/corruption to gain their power is worth enough to them, or to the world or whatever new mission at large, to share with others. I of course would say the answer is 'yes', because 'fun'. I think Nightborne and Void Elf should have unlocked for DH at 8.0 prepatch, and by now they should be spreading even farther.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    At this point, nobody plays WoW for the lore anymore. The devs certainly don't care. The roleplay community is pretty much dead compared to the 2013/2014 era. Orcish paladins standing in Stormwind will be an amusing sight, though.

Worgen should have always been able to be paladins, so that's a plus.

Who says nobody plays for the lore anymore. Yes, its been trashed upon but the game at its core is still a MMORPG and the fact that they are unlocking all race/class combos is insane. Is it going to ruin the game for me... NO!! But I still think its the wrong way to go with the game. I'd rather they hold onto what little lore they have left (regardless of how "bad" it is) and if anything start strengthening it back up. They've caved in way too much over the years to what "players want" IMO and the "horrid" state of the game is mostly because they've caved in to that very vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post

lmaooo if they add mechagnome and goblin demon hunters / druids with "unique" spell effects and consider that as their implementation of tinkers. I think some of the more outlandish combos are a hint we are headed for eventual class skins.

I see literally no reason for them to be doing all/all without compelling story additions, absolutely no one is going to start renewing a yearly sub just because they can play a void elf paladin, I think paladins/shamans and druids are going to be the outliers with the discussion on topic, maybe one day orc druids will exist, but I hope thats not until we all go back into the emerald dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Lore doesn’t matter. If it did BfA and Shadowlands would never have made it live (Plus a bunch of other shit they’ve done over the years). If they’re going player expression, go all in with void elf paladins and forsaken druids.
    I would play druid if they make the forsaken druid have undead animal forms
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

The only way it's worthwhile is if it comes with class lore and skins, so that say, a Void Elf paladin uses the paladin gameplay kit but the actual attacks are void, but I don't see it happening given previous highlights like turning Sunwalkers into larpers of the Silver Hand or the abomination that is the Priest Order Hall.

What it really is is the end state of what's an endless march towards homogenization. It isn't just relevant what a race can be, but what they can't. Adding classes to a race can make both worse, the most notable example being Night Elf mages and Void Elf monks/DKs. Someone who's everything is also nothing.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-04-29 at 06:53 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

It would be cool if some classes can enable unique customization options. An undead paladin may have some characteristics of Calia's undead type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I ain't buy this bs, its clearly damage control because dracthyr can't be other classes and they are coming up with this, they specifically said no new race combos for dragonflight cause they were focusing on dracthyr/evoker.

Talk to me when other races become Demon hunter, but i bet my left nut they will give the other elves druids and shamans first than any other race, cause ~~reasons~~, then, they will never add then again, just like they forgot about allied races and the customizations, is predictable.

And before someone says "b-b-but lore!" no, at this point we already know every race(maybe saving two) is capable of simple learning to be a class(that isn't a DK) and your own faction already have enough teachers.

The only tricky thing would be forsaken druid, who could burrow drust fantasy and turning into death animals, a corrupted druidism like dark shamanism and void elf paladin who would explode, but those helfers will not let blizz alone so this will eventually happen anyway too, so who care about this at this point, worse things were done already.
    Void elf dhs would also explode. Kek.

Most of the basic classes that exist should easily be understandable (mages, rogues, hell even warlock) but high end fantasy ones are a very hard one to get over.

But I'm at the point of not caring. I'd rather have every race be every class at this point. I want to be a draenai warlock with a draenai demon hunter. Why? Just cause my own personal fantasy

There's already an example of a holy/light aligned Orc in Grommash Hellscream's son on AU Draenor during the Mag'har allied race recruitment questline.

That said, paladins are one of the classes that require custom visuals for each race through their class mounts, so it'll likely be one of the later classes to be rolled out to all races.

That also goes for shamans with totems, and especially so for druids with their forms. DH need custom demonic character model options as well as a custom metamorphosis, so that's likely at the very back of the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    At this point, nobody plays WoW for the lore anymore. The devs certainly don't care. The roleplay community is pretty much dead compared to the 2013/2014 era. Orcish paladins standing in Stormwind will be an amusing sight, though.

Worgen should have always been able to be paladins, so that's a plus.
    Orc Paladins would come from where, the Lightbound?

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    What lore prevents an Orc Paladin, or a Goblin Monk? If a Tauren can be a Shadow Priest why not a Mage? Aside from Forsaken Paladin really what Race/Class combos are lorewise forbidden?
    Tauren are seers. Using the Light of An'she. Shadow is just a gameplay aspect.

They had Ley Walkers in the RPG.