Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard is so lazy and disappointing.

YoshiP sat there for 2 days straight doing like 30 interviews answering the same questions and giving detailed thoughtful answers for all of them during their media tour.

Ion should be giving interviews to
    1 mainstream influencer like asmongold
    1 person from the endgame raiding scene which should be the raidleader of the guild who got world first on the previous tier
    1 person from the top arena team
    1 person from the top MDI team
    1 person from the lore side of things like nobbel
    1 person from the casual side of the community, this person could be a public poll vote and give a chance for a smaller streamer to get in.

AT THE MINIMUM, he's the game director and should be capable of answering questions from all categories like yoship does.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Leave it to the gentlemen at MMO-C to waste 17 pages malding over Asmongold. Then again, WoW addicts tend to be unsuccessful in life, so I guess there's some envy involved when they see an addict who actually did become successful.
    This is the best post ever. It is soaked in so much irony but yet you are still blinded to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Master Loot is gone
    Master Loot is back...

This is gone
    This is back...

I'm kind of tired of this. First, we lose totems and auras, then we got them back etc. I can go on forever. Same for dmg and levels. I was lvl 60 like 10 years ago, now I'm level 60 again. Dps is slowly going back to what it was a few expansions ago..

Oh wait, I said I won't go into detail, OPSIE. I better stop before this ends up being a wall of text. Trust me, I got that much to complain about. Valid complains too, for the most part.
    We have reached a point where innovating means bringing back features they removed a few years prior. Sad state of affairs.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I like how it's "Asmongold" on one side, and "WoW Director" on the other side.

The narcissism and egos of these YouTube "content creators" knows no bounds. They already have their idiot faces plastered over everything they touch. Heaven forfend someone but them gets recognition for something.
    I like how some posters completely lie just to push their own narrative. The ego and narcissim of them knows no bounds. Heaven forbid they actually make a properly constructed argument without resorting to making false claims.

I don't expect a response, and I especially don't expect you to own up to your mistake. However this is a problem that is not simply limited to mmo champion. People pushing their own narrative even if it means lying.

The interview itself went very well, it answered some key questions that people had. Furthermore it was a brilliant move by Ion and the team because regardless of your personal stance on Asmongold, the fact is that he is one of, if not the largest, WoW streamer. The only time he is getting beaten by views is during the World First race. Afterwards? The guild leaders of those world first guilds average between 1k to 5k viewers while Asmon is consistently 25k or more. Even his second channel where he drops the Asmongold character is sitting around 10k viewers.

I use to absolutely hate him, but I gave him a chance and surprisingly when you ignore the idiotic moments he has while playing the Asmongold character, he can be very reasonable and makes good discussions. For example his stance on the new WoW social contract is something I completely agree on and he defended why the social contract is a good idea. No one wants to play a video game to be harassed. If you want to do that find another game, or try your luck in the real world. I also enjoyed watching people get banned for their comments towards the one person during the Dragonflight reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold haters in shambles. KEKW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Yeah I'm surprised he got an interview. Not really much against Asmongold he's actually mostly level headed and fun, but his public image was somewhat dragged through the mud by breadtubers and Taleisin. I thought he'd always be labeled "problematic" and just tossed a beta invite once in a while.
    He got too big to be ignored. He got to a 400k viewers peak during Lost Ark release.

Funny how most comments are about Asmongold and not the actual interview. Fun to see the RGB - shelves full of toys adult-children malding

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    This is the best post ever. It is soaked in so much irony but yet you are still blinded to it.
    Indeed, I was being ironical when I called people here "gentlemen", you are very perceptive and you show critical reading skills that, frankly, are above the average here.

great interview, can see that Ion really cares about the game, look forward to Dragonflight <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Its funny that people really expected Asmongold to put Ion on blast with his usual " Dogshit ass game " rants, for one he can behave professionally when he needs to, and if he started going off on a tirade, they'd just shut down the interview, and the entire thing would've been a colossal waste of time, and he would lose whatever goodwill he has with Blizzard.
    People expecting that don't know anything about Asmongold. He behaves professionally in interviews and he regularity gets top people on from other mmo projects.
    Also the idea that all he does is a dogshit ass game tirades about wow all the time is false. He always has a ton of good will for wow but the shilloids like to stick to the 2 clips they saw about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    As if ion is any better being in a top position at a company swamped in lawsuits currently and making 2 shitty expansions nobody likes while still having an ego the size of everest
    I think this statement, about Ion, sums it about right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lukkoth View Post
    like him or not, asmongold is a big advocate for changing the game to benefit the more casual player. if you want the game to grow again, it needs to accommodate an audience that cant play 100% of every day.
    Well Asmongold isn't doing his job. Cause the game has been in the shitter for years now. 2 failed expansions back to back, and now sexual allegations along with breast milk stealing has not made the company look good. And now after so many players have left the game, and the sexual crap, they choose to want to listen to the player base, I guess we will all see if it is true when the new expansion releases and about 3 or 4 months after if any of it is true and that they are listening to us players.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    I get it, but Asmongold is one of those family member you have, and you never invite them to family events... AND if they randomly show up they have to sit in the other room out of line of sight with their shoes still on.
    I think in such a family, you are "one of those family members".

Imagine being so jealous of someone's success that you keep trolling a thread which isn't about Asmongold himself at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RagingJizz View Post
    Funny how most comments are about Asmongold and not the actual interview. Fun to see the RGB - shelves full of toys adult-children malding
    90% of such comments are also done by the same 3 people, it's clear they're just super jealous for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I think in such a family, you are "one of those family members".

Imagine being so jealous of someone's success that you keep trolling a thread which isn't about Asmongold himself at all.

- - - Updated - - -

90% of such comments are also done by the same 3 people, it's clear they're just super jealous for whatever reason.
    Because you hate something it’s jealously? Damn, I must be jealous of that homeless man that pulled a knife on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Because you hate something it’s jealously? Damn, I must be jealous of that homeless man that pulled a knife on me.
    Yeah dude, let's compare a criminal who tried to kill you to a nerd streaming WoW, that's a good equivalency.

Can someone explain the ‘what sword?’ reference? Chat went bonkers over it but I have no idea why..

Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    I'm glad they put this on twitch instead of youtube. Every time I click on an Asmongold youtube video my entire feed gets flooded with his videos.
    if you watch something you don't want polluting your feed go into your history and remove the video's in question.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yeah dude, let's compare a criminal who tried to kill you to a nerd streaming WoW, that's a good equivalency.
    Both are equally unimportant to me. So yes, it is. Better comparison than just saying “anyone that hates this person is just jealous” to dismiss their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Wonderful, another thread about an interview that's full of attacks on the host. That's two nights in a row.

On the subject of the thread, brilliant interview. It's very clear the WoW team are prepared to listen and change based on our feedback. That comes with risks of course but it's welcome to hear how willing they are to receive and act upon feedback.

Don't be so naive. Blizzard has spit this statement before and then turned around and did the complete opposite. About 4 or 5 months after Dragonflight, maybe longer, will I then be convinced that Blizzard is LISTENING to feedback.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

This forum is the definition of cringe. "Waaaahhhh he trash talked the game why is Ion talking to him???". Do you realize how pathetic you sound if you write stuff like this?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested in Classic Cata to see how the modern Classic audience feels about it. A lot of the criticisms at the time won't apply because of how much sweatier people play Classic. It would be interesting imo to see what an expansion with actual challenging raids would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Dismissing criticism of an influencer or a famous person or whatever as "Must be jealousy" says a lot more about how you view that person than the person criticizing them.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    This forum is the definition of cringe. "Waaaahhhh he trash talked the game why is Ion talking to him???". Do you realize how pathetic you sound if you write stuff like this?
    People like them generally lack any self awareness.