Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    What it really is is the end state of what's an endless march towards homogenization. It isn't just relevant what a race can be, but what they can't. Adding classes to a race can make both worse, the most notable example being Night Elf mages and Void Elf monks/DKs. Someone who's everything is also nothing.
    Out of curiosity, why do you feel void elf monks make both worse? The monks on Pandaria were adept at battling sha influence, so it stands to reason that their training would be effective in helping the void elves resist the energy now struggling to overcome their bodies. I get night elf mages given the cultural ban on magic, and orc warlocks undermine the end of the WC3 original orc campaign, but personally I thought the void elf monk was fairly fitting (certainly the most of the three tank/healer/dps classes, though I guess that would balance against the goblins if they lacked any of them).

Regarding everything equating to nothing, have blood elves, trolls (x2), and dwarves (x2) suffered for their wide class selection? None of them made your post, and they're the five races who can be the most classes. While I do think the dwarves in particular suffer from being a joke race (only really brought out when brew's involved or for a Nesingwary gag), that has almost nothing to do with their classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    Worgen doesn't work because of their curse. That Orc Pally looks nasty though (This can most definitely be a possibility with the light vs void expansion 11.0 presumably. HOW SICK would a Wolf Paladin Charger look.
    Actually, Worgen can use the Light since they can be priests...

Though it is interesting that the races with Paladins in them have some associated group or Holy Sects that are built in dedication and service to link them together. Humans and Dwarves (Dark Irons too) have the Order of the Silver Hand, along with the Argent Dawn (later the Argent Crusade) followed up with the more radical human zealots of the Scarlet Crusade.

Draenei have the Hand of Argus, Lightforge Draenei have the Army of the Light, Blood Elves have the Blood Knights, Tauren have the Sunwalkers, and Zandalari Trolls have the Prelates who served under the loa: Rezan.

All these races of paladins have established orders within them, we don't see them in Worgen or Orcs because they don't have these sorts of holy orders....yet. Hence why they can't do it yet due to a lore and storytelling issue...

You could just have the Worgen join the Order of the Silver Hand and "Boom.. done, now they're paladins" ...but then people will think that's just lazy and that the Worgen couldn't establish their own order like a Pack. Same to Orcs who could just form a Clan of Divine Holy Warriors.

5+ Year Old Account
    Imagine Nighborne elemental shaman. Oh, this is gonna be good. Always wanted to make one.

I always felt like the players should be able to be most Race/Class combos due to the story is that we are the Champions, not some basic peasant saving the world.

In the end I want them to unlock most Race/Class Combos but keep the racial culture such as Draenei and Tauren shun fel and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post

Though it is interesting that the races with Paladins in them have some associated group or Holy Sects that are built in dedication and service to link them together. Humans and Dwarves (Dark Irons too) have the Order of the Silver Hand, along with the Argent Dawn (later the Argent Crusade) followed up with the more radical human zealots of the Scarlet Crusade.

Draenei have the Hand of Argus, Lightforge Draenei have the Army of the Light, Blood Elves have the Blood Knights, Tauren have the Sunwalkers, and Zandalari Trolls have the Prelates who served under the loa: Rezan.

All these races of paladins have established orders within them, we don't see them in Worgen or Orcs because they don't have these sorts of holy orders....yet. Hence why they can't do it yet due to a lore and storytelling issue...

You could just have the Worgen join the Order of the Silver Hand and "Boom.. done, now they're paladins" ...but then people will think that's just lazy and that the Worgen couldn't establish their own order like a Pack. Same to Orcs who could just form a Clan of Divine Holy Warriors.
    The Sunwalkers had an entire one quest devoted to them in WotLK to establish tauren speculating about solar power. Then in Cataclysm, the Sunwalkers were an established order. It doesn't take much to create such an organization. Based on this precedent, they could throw an Emerald Dream quest in 10.0 about expanding the understanding of the dream to others and then in 10.0.5 introduce druids for all races. Similarly, given Tyr's connection to the Knights of the Silver Hand, they could do something within Tyrhold that allows other races to become paladins (though that's a bit more of a stretch).

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty evil draenei/eredar & some nelfs = warlock.
    There are human shamans IRL so why not in a game.
    Haven't given a deeper thought beyond that.
    Pandarens should be like Evoker & only be monks.
    sorry yall but female belf monks feels as fresh as a foot bath.
    Last edited by DookuDookuTree; 2022-04-29 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    If they end up getting paladins, I want orcs to be lightning based, I hope we see a lot of cosmetic changes and spell alteration stuff out of this
    ...that's called a Shaman, sir.

Paladins don't work with lightning. I know it can be confusing but "The Light" and "lightning" don't actually have the same foundation.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think Druid’s, Shaman and Paladin should be all/all in this discussion. Those races are so unique and lore abiding that making it so every race could play them would seem cheap. Especially Paladins.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So silly, imagine an orc paladin, absolute nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is going to have a real hard time expanding Druids to the other races, or creating Metamorphosis forms for every race, so I doubt this is going to happen for all classes.

Good, it's about time Void elves got Paladin.

What do you think will be the lore impact from this broadening of options?
    """lore""" should never get in way of the gameplay.
    For examply, why do they need several expansion of lore to bring cross-faction gameplay? brother in christ, just impliment it already, noone would care, and those who would care are not worth listening to anyways

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheGarden View Post
    Magic-oriented races could have Druids as Botanists. That'd be an easy explanation for Blood Elves and Nightborne.

As for Humans, Dwarves, Draeneis, Orcs and Pandarens, I would be quite pleased with them as Druid races. I consider that if a race can be shaman, they could be druid too, although it's different. Also, some humans (Gilneas + Kul'Tiras) can already be druids.

What would feel weird to me, though, is Gnome, Darkiron Dwarf, Mechagnome, Void Elf, Lightforged, Goblin and Undead.
    We already have an example of the Void mingling with Life: The Emerald Nightmare.

It was created by Yogg-Saron, one of the Old Gods, as a corruption of the original Emerald Dream; and its forces were led by Xavius, a creature of the Void that served N'Zoth. Il'gynoth, the spawn of the Void, even took the form of a tree, a symbol of Life.

There's no reason why Void elves can't learn to use the Emerald sorcery and thus become their own variation of Druid. No knowledge is off-limits for those who are ambitious enough.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    What lore prevents an Orc Paladin, or a Goblin Monk? If a Tauren can be a Shadow Priest why not a Mage? Aside from Forsaken Paladin really what Race/Class combos are lorewise forbidden?
    why is an undead paladin forbidden when u have undead holy priests?

anyways,i like that this is happening,i just wish they did away with racials having to much power,give em more simple stuff like just 1% haste etc,and keep the flavor ones

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Oh, you mean story and lore shouldn't matter at all?
    Why should it? The story from this game has always been from books or the RTS.

Very little has come from WoW, So it’s better for everyone to just ignore it within WoW

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

7+ Year Old Account
    Class Skins and Spell Glyph customizations will make or break this.

Orcs having Light wielding paladins? BLEH

Orcs rediscovering the ancient rites of the Lightnings Blade clan and gaining lightning powers from oaths upon their HONOR? LIT
    Not going to happen, and im rly skpetical about how blizz would implement the class skin, cause this and other examples for other races would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    The lore supports this school idea already with the order halls. They have multiple races in these halls and the groups running them just bring in more people.
    And, i t would be an amazing idea to not throw the class halls alway for ever, sure, some of then were not that impressive, but they were a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    The Worgen curse is druidic in nature, and Elune provides both nature and holy magic to the night elves, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    Worgen curse makes them hard to raise into undeath not hard to use light
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    How does that prevent them from being Paladins when they can be both Warriors and Priests?
    "Many paladins traveled to quarantined lands to ease the suffering of those left within the plague-ridden colonies, but although the paladins were immune to disease of any kind, they were persecuted by the general populace who believed that they had been infected by the foul plague."

So, they're supposed to be immune to the Worgen bite.

Because Blizz hasn't usually made class decisions based on lore, it's usually more about game balance and *flavor*

DKs were spooky so they were allowed to have worgen, while paladins weren't sufficiently spooky even though it didn't make much lore sense.

If Worgen get paladins they should use elune-aesthetics same as nelfs.
    It's not because they are spooky. It's because the Lich King's necromancy was potent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheGarden View Post
    So, we're getting Rogue Taurens ????

Don't forget to wield a Tomahawk.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-04-29 at 11:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    Worgen doesn't work because of their curse.
    How does that prevent them from being Paladins when they can be both Warriors and Priests?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard is going to have a real hard time expanding Druids to the other races, or creating Metamorphosis forms for every race, so I doubt this is going to happen for all classes.
    I imagine druid is going to be the very last class they do along with Demon Hunter

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Void elf dhs would also explode. Kek.
    Yeah, and what do you think will be the next DH? nightborne and void elf, instead of opening the class for non-elves who make more sense, like draeneis that you mentioned

Most of the basic classes that exist should easily be understandable (mages, rogues, hell even warlock) but high end fantasy ones are a very hard one to get over.

But I'm at the point of not caring. I'd rather have every race be every class at this point. I want to be a draenai warlock with a draenai demon hunter. Why? Just cause my own personal fantasy
    At this point, even other races are easy to explain away, the only tricky race would be void elf, who realistic could not be paladin or DH because their physiology. The rest would learn just fine with others.

Make the class halls actually schools, to train and teach new ones.

But i understand that in terms of creating new stuff, the order of the last classes to get all races would be:

1. Paladins - need to do the special mounts, since is just a mount reskin is easier

2. Shamans - need to build different totems for each race, something thematic/unique, and this would fry blizz brains

3. Druids - Need animal forms for each race, after zandalari and kul'tirans they set a quality control, they will have to come with a unique form for at least, cat, bear and travel form, i think isn't that hard cause is reskin mostly, and they di that by the dozens in every patch.

4. DH - Create a unique Demon form and adapt the customizations for other races.