Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    No, he just knows that blizz wont change a thing about Dracthyr, so he atleast copes with what we have. As opposed to me :''GIVE ME QUADRUPEDAL DRAGONS YOU COWARDS''
    Pretty much. Consider that the major argument on this forums is people being mad that Dracthyr walk on two legs instead of four, and/or ignoring Blizzard calling them dragons.

Meanwhile, Brian Holinka confirmed that Dracthyr Evokers can fly in combat via Soar, and it’s going to be a lynchpin of their gameplay in both DPS and Healing. In other words, we now have a class that can fly in combat (probably consistently), and no one is talking about how that is going to effect gameplay going forward. Instead we’re comparing a dragon walking on two legs versus a dragon walking on four legs.

Personally I’m way more interested in the gameplay implications of Soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Keyword here: Skinny Dragon

Not skinny lizard, skinny gecko or skinny dinosaur.

Maloriak proportions are much better, even by being skinny
    Huh? What's the difference? Dracthyr proportions are even bigger than those of the Dragonmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Is it just me or does it say 'Fan Art by xxxxxxx' at the bottom?
    No, it's Blizzard's concept art:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dra...an_concept.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Huh? What's the difference? Dracthyr proportions are even bigger than those of the Dragonmen.

People don't seem to realize that bipedal, skinny dragons are still dragons.

The fact that half dragons with big ass claws,thick scales and created by Neltharion ,can't even fucking fight in melee or tank with some earth magic is so fucking lazy of blizzard.

This simple fact already drained all of my hype for the expension, it blow my mind how illogical it is. If they can't even manage enough creativity to give a class/race created by neltharion some goddamn earth magic based spec, the expension is already doomed in my eyes.

And no, justy because they will potentially have 3-4 base earth based spell don't cut it. They were created by Neltharion and can't be arsed to have a black flight spec. This is so retarded .

Blizzard is so fucking lazy , i swear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

this is not skinny, his shoulders and chest alone are like 5x larger than a drachtyr

The bulky edits look so much better imo, personally I don't really like the idea of it as a playable class/race - it looks like it will be hard to balance with the new style of play, so expecting it to be very overpowered in pve and more so in pvp.

I don't know who that is.

I don't know how Blizzard could have fucked up Dracthyr so much. Who thought that skinny twig would fulfill dragon fantasy in WoW, game where dragons are big and wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is not skinny, his shoulders and chest alone are like 5x larger than a drachtyr
    Comments like this simply can't be taken seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raikus View Post
    The bulky edits look so much better imo, personally I don't really like the idea of it as a playable class/race - it looks like it will be hard to balance with the new style of play, so expecting it to be very overpowered in pve and more so in pvp.
    Par the course for hero classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I don't know who that is.
    It's no one. Just a bipedal skinny/slim dragon. No different than the Dracthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    I don't know how Blizzard could have fucked up Dracthyr so much. Who thought that skinny twig would fulfill dragon fantasy in WoW, game where dragons are big and wide.
    Yeah, we know you wanted these monstrosities;

That would have flopped hard, and offered nothing new gameplay-wise.

Being a horribly mutated slave to dragons that has to beg their masters for abilities doesn't fulfill the fantasy of being dragon in any way.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-29 at 11:32 AM.

It didn't work that well with worgen. Dragon dudes being even more limited in options, seems worse at almost every angle from my point of view honestly.

Also, there's something about having these "pre-set" forms where you can't show your armor or with little customization that just keep me away from them.

I mean, druid forms customization was highly demanded for years, and even now, it gets boring fast.

A huge part of this game is about gearing you character and using some transmog to get an appealing outfit. Most people also combine this with the barber shop options to get a look for your character that fits your style, but this can change later and you have many options to redo it. That flexibility is always welcomed in an mmo, and given cosmetics are always in high demand, be it with real money or gold, this is not the way for me.

Even worgen show the looks of what they are wearing, even if it is terribly deformed in many cases, and this was an issue already for many.

All this combined with (And now, this is pretty personal and subjective, mind you) the terrible campy and furry-esque look they shown, that honestly, feels to me really disconnected with what this game used to be, translates into a big nope for me.
    Last edited by Shigma; 2022-04-29 at 11:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

You can look at then and say with a straight face the proportions are not blatantly different? for real?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    It didn't work that well with worgen. Dragon dudes being even more limited in options, seems worse at almost every angle from my point of view honestly.

Also, there's something about having these "pre-set" forms where you can't show your armor or with little customization that just keep me away from them.

I mean, druid forms customization was highly demanded for years, and even now, it gets boring fast.

A huge part of this game is about gearing you character and using some transmog to get an appealing outfit. Most people also combine this with the barber shop options to get a look for your character that fits your style, but this can change later and you have many options to redo it. That flexibility is always welcomed in an mmo, and given cosmetics are always in high demand, be it with real money or gold, this is not the way for me.

Even worgen show the look of what they are wearing, even if it is terribly deformed in many cases, and this was an issue already for many.

All this combined with (And now, this is pretty personal and subjective, mind you) the terrible campy and furry-esque look they shown, that honestly, feels to me really disconnected with what this game used to be, which translates into a big nope from me.
    The difference between this and Worgen is that Worgen never got to be actual werewolves. For example, we see Genn Greymane attack enemies with their claws and teeth, yet player Worgen cannot do that. Even in Druid form, Worgen don't get Werewolf form (which should have happened since they're technically Druids of the Fang) instead, they got a cat form, which really made zero sense.

Dracthyr on the other hand will have the full gamut of draconic abilities via Evoker like an actual dragon would. That actually makes the Dracthyr way less limited than Worgen in multiple respects.

As for gearing and customizations, Dracthyr have it no different than Druids, which are the most popular class in WoW. Druids can't show their gear or transmog in combat form, and it doesn't bother druid players one bit. Balance Druids can only show their weapon in Moonkin form, or they can go Astral which makes their gear translucent and hard to see. Dracthyr can show off their armor and gear in Visage form, which will be more than enough for players.

- - - Updated - - -

You can look at then and say with a straight face the proportions are not blatantly different? for real?
    Yeah, I can look at this skinny arms, long neck and trunk, slim legs, and small head and totally say that that is a skinny dragon.

But whatever.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

Wouldn’t have flopped as hard as Dracthyr will if they’re what Blizzard has shown.

Being a horribly mutated slave to dragons that has to beg their masters for abilities doesn't fulfill the fantasy of being dragon in any way.
    Dracthyr were horribly mutated slave soldiers just as much as Drakonids are. Only difference between them is that Dracthyr have wings and the Dracthyr took a long nap.
    Hell Ion even called Dracthyr Drakonids in a very scripted, edited, and rehearsed environment.
    Chen isn't a Monk

After reading that all races will be able to roll as mage, priest and rogue, the decision to make evokers for only drac'thyr seems even worse to me. I get it, on some level, with the whole magic-dragon thing they've got going with the combination. But it still seems strange. Combined with the fact that they launch with 2 specs, instead of 3, just seems weird. Fairly certain that a lot of people could come up with a third spec, be it melee, ranged or whatever. I was super critical of demon hunters with 2 specs (though the 2 available races made sense, at the time), and I'm fairly certain others were aswell.
    But maybe the talent trees will make up for it?

Don't really have much of an opinion on drac'thyr themselves though. Just wish they could be more classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Wouldn’t have flopped as hard as Dracthyr will if they’re what Blizzard has shown.
    We only need to view HM Tauren, LF Draenei, and Kul Tiran to disprove that fallacy. People don't like big, bulky races. To top it all off, Drakonids are ugly monsters, so you'd have big, bulky monsters who look ugly on top of it. Imagine their animations to boot.

A tiny, teeny minority would roll that race. It would do worse than Mechagnomes.

Dracthyr were horribly mutated slave soldiers just as much as Drakonids are. Only difference between them is that Dracthyr have wings and the Dracthyr took a long nap.
    Hell Ion even called Dracthyr Drakonids in a very scripted, edited, and rehearsed environment.
    Incorrect. Dracthyr were created via Deathwing's magic using the essence of dragons, and the adaptability of mortals. Again, two qualities, not entites. They were never mortal slaves who were mutated and mutilated by their draconic masters. Further, Dracthyr are born with the powers of the dragonflights, they don't have to grovel before a dragon to get some hand-me-down spells.

Beyond that Ion slip-up, can you find any other instance where a dev called them Drakonids? I can find multiple instances where devs call them dragons, including that recent Holinka interview with MrGM right around the 9:27 mark.

Supposedly the devs view Dracthyr as Primsmatic Dragons and so should we.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-29 at 12:08 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Par the course for hero classes.

- - - Updated - - -

It's no one. Just a bipedal skinny/slim dragon. No different than the Dracthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. With updated models they would do a lot better than those skinny lizards, and no the situation is not comparable to allied races because they are more of the same and KT are fat fucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Nah. With updated models they would do a lot better than those skinny lizards, and no the situation is not comparable to allied races because they are more of the same and KT are fat fucks.
    What are you talking about?

This thing is about as "tubby" as a Kul'tiran.

Na. Not even close.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

Using the old models yeah, but they’ve already shown what Dragonflight the Drakonids (aside from the Dracthyr) look like and they look way better.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP844 View Post
    I hope these images make it to Blizzard and they try to make some subtle updates so that the race looks a little more like this.
    Small changes that make a big difference to the levels of badassery.
    They stated in interviews already there will be a slim/bulk size but people jump to whining and crying before they can even read. Also they already said they would be revealing more customizations but again people jump to whining and crying before seeing everything. There's an assumption that one picture means we have seen everything.
    Last edited by tekaqua; 2022-05-09 at 01:32 PM.