Poll: what allied race combo preorder would be better

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

if the leak is true and we have a pre-purchase allied race what would u choose

if thats true and aside from dracthyr we have another allied race, what pack would u insta buy ?
    Last edited by Porcos Voadores; 2022-04-29 at 02:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anything would necessarily make me pre-order, but put me down for Tuskarr. It might be a meme option, but I loved the race in Wrath. Images like this detailing new facial features and existing head pieces and gloves on their high poly model makes me hopeful that work has already been done to make gear work on them.

But that said, Naga or Ogres would go a really long way for most people. Those races have been heavily requested since the beginning of time.
    Last edited by Icecat; 2022-04-29 at 02:23 PM.

Well, i've been wishing to have Sethrak on the Alliance since BfA. Would be great if that happened. Knowing Blizzard, it won't though.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    I don't think anything would necessarily make me pre-order, but put me down for Tuskarr. It might be a meme option, but I loved the race in Wrath. Images like this detailing new facial features and existing head pieces and gloves on their high poly model makes me hopeful that work has already been done to make gear work on them.

But that said, Naga or Ogres would go a really long way for most people. Those races have been heavily requested since the beginning of time.
    i agree, i would love to have tuskar, but ogre would make me really happy too.
    but it's hard to believe we not gonna have tusks as allied races, they were made in a smiliar way as vulperas, when bfa 1st came out, vulperas had different customizations, unique culture, they were part of the lore, had unique models using goblin skeleton, unique animations and all, the way they showed tusks were really simillar, and in some part of the models we don't even saw high res yet.
    and i mean, he's already using a glass that is a player item.

I'm honestly in favor of all of the options, and think they should all be added. More variety and customization in a game is not a bad thing. Except the elves. I get it, but really... if the elves we have now aren't filling every fantasy, then the current elves just need more customization. Not an entirely new race.

If I had to pick one, Sethrak would be my favorite to play. Second would be Tuskarr, which I think if there is an allied race coming, they're the most likely with all the new high res models, hair options, male and female options, racial mount, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind Mogu or Sethrak.
    Tuskarr can go Alliance by the snakey bois should be Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want tuskarr but it's going to be the undead elves
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    There are actually 4 issues with ogres:

1.) Ogres are Dumb as hell. Only an Ogre with 2 Heads is somehow capable. This is an big issue since an 1 Headed Ogre does not have the intelligence to do anything than simple Work. But this is not really an necessarity by giving every ogre an visible Trinket out of an Apexis-Crystal

2.) There is no female Model: before it can be an used race, we would need female Ogres, they simply does not exist (yet). Then blizzard would probably need to update every zones with ogres to add them.

3.) Ogres are too tall. This actually IS a big issue that we already have with tall races as Taurens and Draenei where they actually can get stuck, especially when they using a mount. This would be an even bigger issue with Ogres; yes there are smaller ones, but even they are tall, but most of them are very tall, and some even gigantic.

4.) Ogres have a quite disporpotional and huge Body Size. This is not a case like Pandaren or Kul'tirans, they have a huge Body, very short legs, a Horn on their head and all in all Ogres rarely wear any armor at all. To refit the armor to ogres is a collosal amount of work, this can't even be compared to any other race they've added so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post

if thats true and aside from dracthyr we have another allied race, what pack would u insta buy ?
    the leak is true, and we already know what the race is gonna be.

It's called a Dracthyr and it only has one class available called Evoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post

definetly sethrakk, they are a very cool race that could be very neat to play. im not a fan of ogres (big, bulky, ugly) and vrykul is litterly just big humans (we have enought version of humans in the game already, dont need another human).

Tuskar are cool but idk, just not my thing personally. Nagas could be interesting as they were planned as a race back in vanilla but they couldnt do it at the time due to limitations to the engine.

Pre order with Tuskar allied race
    No. They might be fun, but there are so much better ones.

Pre order with Sethrak allied race
    Maybe. Sethrak are cool, but would be a bit out of the blue.

Pre order with new Gnoll allied race
    The new models are badass and I would love to play them, but where would they go if not Horde?

Pre order with naga allied race

Same as Sethrak. Splinter factions are always possible and they look amazing, but no connection to the current story. Let them come when Azshara shows up again.

Pre order with ogre/vrykull allied race

Always welcomed. I like to go wild and these have a savage/tribals side, but still not connected to current plot lines.

Pre order with elf recolor allied race ( bc i'm boring)

I assume you mean undead Night Elves/High(Blood) Elves? If there is only one "race" this is something quite possible, as they might be seen as variants in undead. I for once would love to see playing a Darfallen, be it a mysterious Dark Ranger or a vampyric San'layn Blood Mage(best with variants of excisting spells). Lordaeron is said to play a role in 9.2.5, so it is rather likely.

Please god, don't put pre order allied race!
    Why not? If they are made well, they enrich a game which needs content. It might even push the story forward. At the very least it is a sign that Blizz is planning to give us something for our money.

I think Darkfallen Elves are the most likely. What is into question is how far their customisation options go. I hope Blizz goes bold and experiments with new flavor variants for existing classes, but who knows.

Aside from them I still hope for Covenant Allied Races. With Dracthyrs on the horizont even Winged Kyrians capable of self-flight might have become more likely if they want to test the concept ... or unlikely if they want to keep the novelty of the new race.

I don't think there is a pre-order AR at this point. If we are getting one then its just tied to content in 9.2.5.

This poll is missing Furbolg

an AR as a pre-order sounds shady af. early access? sure but not exclusive to pre-orders.
    but please do add tuskars to the game they are dope.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Everything is pointing to a tuskarr and darkfallen preorder, maybe with release of patch 9.2.5 or release of 10.0 with the new tauren rogues and orc priests?
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    an AR as a pre-order sounds shady af. early access? sure but not exclusive to pre-orders.
    Wouldn't be the first time though:
    World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is now available for pre-purchase through the Blizzard Shop and in-game shop! When you pre-purchase a digital copy, you’ll receive a level 110 character boost to use immediately. You can also begin the journey to unlock the expansion’s new playable Allied Races: the Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, and Nightborne. And if you level an Allied Race character from 20–110*, you’ll earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set—a lasting symbol of your dedication and commitment to Azeroth.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...h%E2%84%A2-now

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I want tuskarr but it's going to be the undead elves
    This is my guess as well. It'll tie in with whatevers happening in Tirisfall in 9.2.5.

My question is- will it just be undead elves for both horde and alliance? (Undead blood/night i'd assume)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    That was just early access. He's talking about exclusive access to pre-orders. That said I do not think they would ever make an AR exclusively for preorders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    That was just early access. He's talking about exclusive access to pre-orders. That said I do not think they would ever make an AR exclusively for preorders.
    I'm sorry, but what is the difference? Early Access for those who Pre-Order, before the Expansion Launches... So if you don't pre-order, you can't access them early.

Nobody is implying that if you -didn't preorder, you'd never get to make the Allied Race.- Not even the poster I was responding to, it's completely a non-question.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    I'm sorry, but what is the difference? Early Access for those who Pre-Order, before the Expansion Launches... So if you don't pre-order, you can't access them early.

Nobody is implying that if you -didn't preorder, you'd never get to make the Allied Race.- Not even the poster I was responding to, it's completely a non-question.
    That is what the difference is between "early access to an allied race being exclusive to preorders" and "Allied race being exclusive to pre-orders". The poster you quoted did not say that "early access being exclusive" would be shady. he specifically stated that the allied race being exclusive to preorders would be shady. These are two different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Everything is pointing to a tuskarr and darkfallen preorder, maybe with release of patch 9.2.5 or release of 10.0 with the new tauren rogues and orc priests?
    I think the addition of female Tuskarr models is the most compelling note toward it. I believe all of the Tuskarr in Northrend are male, right? That raises some interesting questions on it's own.