Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    The things he implies that make it questionable is

1) he plans on it being IN Ukraine no matter what

2) he plans on being there
    its in Moscow, so yea he will be there. It will be a bunch of russians walking about with the nukes up front parading around and lots of Z's everywhere. big fucking deal.

try typing 'Victory Day military Parade Rehearsals' into google...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    its in Moscow, so yea he will be there.
    no, I don't think it can be in Moscow contrary to his claims of it being in Ukraine. No one will believe he's won anything short of him at least hosting the parade within Ukraine.

Hosting it in Moscow is more or less admitting he's failed to achieve any meaningful progress in his invasion in that it can't safely be held there. And that would make him look WEAK, and he can't have that.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

no, I don't think it can be in Moscow contrary to his claims of it being in Ukraine. No one will believe he's won anything short of him at least hosting the parade within Ukraine.

Hosting it in Moscow is more or less admitting he's failed to achieve any meaningful progress in his invasion in that it can't safely be held there. And that would make him look WEAK, and he can't have that.
    it takes place in red square every year. all that will be different from last year is the soldiers will all be wearing Z's and the nukes will be at the front of the parade.

you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    it takes place in red square every year. all that will be different from last year is the soldiers will all be wearing Z's and the nukes will be at the front of the parade.

you are wrong.
    to be honest, if it is held in Moscow like you say, that adds more concern because if the parade was held in Ukraine with Putin there, that suggests he'd have won the war while leaving it hospitable enough by conventional war standards.

If it's held in Moscow and Putin is pushing for absolute victory by May 9th deadline like people worry...
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

If it's held in Moscow and Putin is pushing for absolute victory by May 9th deadline like people worry...
    ...then what? DON'T LEAVE US HANGING, YUPPIE. THEN WHAT?!?!

It will be held there whether or not there's a victory. I'm starting to think you don't even have an idea what the date is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, I don't think it can be in Moscow contrary to his claims of it being in Ukraine.
    Source for this, otherwise you're admitting that you're just making it up.

No one will believe he's won anything short of him at least hosting the parade within Ukraine.
    This is just your head-canon. More Putin fan-fiction.

It's always held in Moscow... because the whole point of the parade is to show off for the Russian people.

So no, you're just full of shit again.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

to be honest, if it is held in Moscow like you say, that adds more concern because if the parade was held in Ukraine with Putin there, that suggests he'd have won the war while leaving it hospitable enough by conventional war standards.

The victory day parade is just an annual event the only difference this year will be some really dumb speech and lots of Z's. This whole Putin wants to win by victory day is nonsense. I'm sure he wanted to win in 3 days but there is what you want and there is reality.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It will be held there whether or not there's a victory. I'm starting to think you don't even have an idea what the date is about.
    actually, he has to have a victory this time. We don't FULLY see it, but evidently there's some civil war shit going on in Russia. I don't think Putin is stupid (maybe) enough to blow up and set fire to his own military resources like we've seen the last week even as a false flag operation considering the circumstances right now.

If he fails to achieve victory and claims he won, the oppressed people there will know it's not over. And then doubt will further rise. That's why he's so adamant on a deadline and winning, see?

actually, he has to have a victory this time.

Nah, not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually, he has to have a victory this time. We don't FULLY see it, but evidently there's some civil war shit going on in Russia.
    Believing absolutely in things you can't see is a sign of delusions.

If he fails to achieve victory and claims he won, the oppressed people there will know it's not over. And then doubt will further rise. That's why he's so adamant on a deadline and winning, see?
    No, this is all make-believe inside your head.

The fact that you can't tell the difference between your wild fantasies and reality is very troubling.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

It will be in Moscow and no foreign leaders are invited - https://english.pravda.ru/news/russi...ictory_parade/ - at least that part of the pravda ('the truth') is accurate; the alleged shelling of Russia by Ukraine seems more dubious.

The Russian government announcements are rarely grounded in reality anyway, but some still believe them.

And the idea isn't to impress the world but Russians - especially the ones in Moscow, who can actually see it in place; and demonstrating lots of military equipment in Moscow would at least suggest that it is done.

Hopefully they will not do the classical Caesar Triumph (which were held in Rome, not conquered Gaul) - and include captives and other spoils of war in the parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...then what? DON'T LEAVE US HANGING, YUPPIE. THEN WHAT?!?!
    I mean, Putin has threatened nukes at least 7+ (counted) times this last week alone, to the point where the nations he's threatened are just ignoring him now ala boy who cried wolf.

I think that's a dangerous game from his enemies, though. To be conditioned into the mentality of "do it or shaddup" considering how evil and dangerous this guy is. They really think he's just bluffing entirely at this point.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-04-29 at 09:14 PM.

I mean, Putin has threatened nukes at least 7+ (counted) times this last week alone, to the point where the nations he's threatened are just ignoring him now ala boy who cried wolf.
    So he's threatening nukes a lot? Sure seems like a good reason not to take his threats very seriously. Sounds a lot like North Korea promising to turn the US into ash for the past few decades or so.

I've got my tiny little umbrella ready to protect me from those nukes.

WHEN IS HE GONNA DELIVER THOSE NUKES THOUGH?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Has he? Quote them for us, or they didn't happen.

I think that's a dangerous game from his enemies, though. To be conditioned into the mentality of "do it or shaddup" considering how evil and dangerous this guy is. They really think he's just bluffing entirely at this point.
    What other response do you imagine there to be to these supposed "threatened nukes" that you still need to show evidence of? The only other response would be to back down.

So sorry that people aren't cowering from your hero, Putin.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got my tiny little umbrella ready to protect me from those nukes.
    Preferably in an atomic cocktail?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

So he's threatening nukes a lot? Sure seems like a good reason not to take his threats very seriously. Sounds a lot like North Korea promising to turn the US into ash for the past few decades or so.
    I honestly hate that comparison now. Putin is not a Kim Jong Un, and neither is Russia a North Korea. Kim is only good at killing and oppressing his own people, and the North Korean Army is made up of malnourished slaves. And they're all confined to a decaying backhole in the world that poses no threat to anyone.

Putin is very much a threat to the world in every way.

actually, he has to have a victory this time. We don't FULLY see it, but evidently there's some civil war shit going on in Russia. I don't think Putin is stupid (maybe) enough to blow up and set fire to his own military resources like we've seen the last week even as a false flag operation considering the circumstances right now.
    this is all just head cannon... my god you get one "prediction" right and you think you're the Nate Silver of this conflict.... such a cringe look.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly hate that comparison now. Putin is not a Kim Jong Un, and neither is Russia a North Korea. Kim is only good at killing and oppressing his own people, and the North Korean Army is made up of malnourished slaves. And they're all confined to a decaying backhole in the world that poses no threat to anyone.
    North Korea poses no threat to anyone?

Says the person who is obsessed with the use of nuclear weapons?

Tell me: do you enjoy being wrong so often? Expert opinions vehemently disagree with your terribad take, btw.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    this is all just head canon.
    we don't exactly know why fires and explosions are erupting in Russia, specifically on their military outputs.

Ukraine has claimed responsibility for these recently despite Zelenksy's initial denial, but whether you believe that or not is up to you. Mainly because I don't think Putin will take direct attacks on Russia like that calmly. This possible response is exactly why up to recently, Ukraine has vowed to just remain on the defensive and not pushing an offensive into Russia.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-04-29 at 09:33 PM.

we don't exactly know why fires and explosions are erupting in Russia, specifically on their military outputs.
    It must be the martians.