Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It must be the martians.
    no, I believe despite the claims of Russia loving Putin as a whole or being conditioned to obey, there are possibly dissidents plotting these attacks. We already saw arsonists early on in the conflict in Russia, and now Putin is doing mandatory conscription for all able men. I don't think everyone is just going to roll over for that.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    no, I don't think
    Well, there's your problem...

no, I believe despite the claims of Russia loving Putin as a whole or being conditioned to obey, there are possibly dissidents plotting these attacks. We already saw arsonists early on in the conflict in Russia, and now Putin is doing mandatory conscription for all able men. I don't think everyone is just going to roll over for that.
    Conscription in Russia is indeed mandatory for every able man, unless they are pursuing higher education or graduate from a military academy or something similar (my father was an engineer on a fishing ship, he was exempt from service due to graduating from a marine academy, for example). This is not a new development, it's been the case for the entirety of Russian Federation's existence.

we don't exactly know why fires and explosions are erupting in Russia, specifically on their military outputs.

Ukraine has claimed responsibility for these recently despite Zelenksy's initial denial, but whether you believe that or not is up to you. Mainly because I don't think Putin will take direct attacks on Russia like that calmly. This possible response is exactly why up to recently, Ukraine has vowed to just remain on the defensive and not pushing an offensive into Russia.
    none of this explains why you are talking about a civil war happening in Russia....

is it a civil war, false flag or Ukrainians attacking? you not being able to stick to one narrative for even one post all seems like you throw as much shit as you can against the wall and when the tiniest speck manages to hold on you think that validates all the other absurd bullshit you've said.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-04-29 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The problem with this is that forever saying what you'll do and not actually doing it just makes you look weak. Putin already looks weak. Don't talk about what you're gonna do, just do it.
    well he has claimed he will only launch nukes if anyone "intervenes" in Ukraine. I've no idea what the fuck that means anymore considering the U.S is not stopping the weapon supplies, and said weapons are becoming deadlier and more advanced, and the U.S personally told Russia to fuck off this week when threatened to stop doing all that.

I think by Putin's logic that is more than just "intervention." And also the "fuck off" is a huge wound to his ego.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

I wonder how much American tech are in those nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I wonder how much Soviet tech is still in those nukes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a felling something will happen on Victory Day on 8th/9 May.
    Probaly some type of sabotage.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I wonder how much Soviet tech is still in those nukes.
    Ouch....damn

10+ Year Old Account
    We already saw arsonists early on in the conflict in Russia
    What, you mean the guy who threw a Molotov cocktail at the Kremlin? Please.

and now Putin is doing mandatory conscription for all able men.
    It's not "all able men"; it's only ages 18-27, and even then it's only some of them. It happens at set times every year and it's been going on for a hundred years.

From a report last month:
    The Russian General Staff reported conscripting 127,000 people for the fall 2021 draft and 134,000 people in spring 2021 out of 672,000 summoned men. The number of conscripts is relatively consistent year on year, with 263,000 in 2020 and 267,000 in 2019. Approximately 261,000 conscripts from 2021 are currently serving across Russian units, with the fall 2021 conscripts entering their third month of training.
    So the announced 134.5k spring conscripts this month is actually business as usual for Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

well he has claimed he will only launch nukes if anyone "intervenes" in Ukraine.
    Source for this? Or is this just another fantasy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You mean the ones that were mostly built during the Cold War? Probably very little.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The difference between first aid kits provided to Russian and Ukrainian soldiers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/christogr...16749944524800

You can tell who looks after their soldiers and who doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The difference between first aid kits provided to Russian and Ukrainian soldiers.

So...still looks like Russia is treating this as a clearance war for all their Soviet-era supplies that they haven't found any use for and mostly have long since expired.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Source for this? Or is this just another fantasy?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://i.imgur.com/tlhOelW.png
    Well, see now... only the first of those three headlines comes close to an actual threat of use. "Deploying" is different from using, fyi.

And the comments made in the first article are from a Russian TV anchor, not Putin. Do you know what the difference is between them? It's like someone listening to you threaten to launch US nukes. It's just a lot of hot air.

You have no power over US nukes, so nobody should take your threats seriously. Similarly, nobody should take the blowhardiness of a Russian TV anchor seriously.

https://i.imgur.com/nMsu5j1.png
    Except what Putin said was actually:
    If anyone ventures to intervene from the outside and [pose] unacceptable threats of a strategic nature to Russia, they should know that our counter-retaliatory strikes will take place with lightning speed
    So, like... some qualifiers, here. It's not just simply "intervenes", now is it? It's "pose unacceptable threats of a strategic nature". There's a huge amount of wiggle room in that.

And he doesn't threaten nukes specifically, he just says "lightning-speed" strikes, which is rather vague.

When someone uses vague threats in response to vague potential actions... it's probably a sign that it's just posturing, and definitely not a sign that you should go "gais, he's gonna n00k if we intervene!"
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2022-04-29 at 10:48 PM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

If you ever wonder how could the russians be so heartless toward civilians in this war, look at how they treat their own people. They're just cannon fodder for the state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    If you ever wonder how could the russians be so heartless toward civilians in this war, look at how they treat their own people. They're just cannon fodder for the state.
    Is javelin-fodder a more appropriate term for this day and age?

Russia seems to be an expert in getting its own troops killed for no reason.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

There is a reason that Russia keeps bringing up nukes, and it isn't because they are going to use them. No, they are counting on fearmongers and handwringers to scream about the need to abandon Ukraine 'otherwise Russia will noooooook us.'. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Russia seems to be an expert in getting its own troops killed for no reason.
    There's a perfectly good reason! Because their lives are apparently worth less than whatever munitions were used to kill them.

Ah karma is a bitch. One of Kadyrov's tiktok warriors was doing a live tiktok stream bragging about a successful mission with only one wounded when a shell landed among them.

There is a reason that Russia keeps bringing up nukes, and it isn't because they are going to use them. No, they are counting on fearmongers and handwringers to scream about the need to abandon Ukraine 'otherwise Russia will noooooook us.'. That's it.
    Its also that they don't really have other threats.

Outside of oil and gas they can't threaten with sanctions and cutting those 2 off hurts them more then it hurts the one they are cutting off
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death