Thread: Remember my son

Remember my son

Tinkers will never happen.

Remember it: Tinkers will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post

Actually i saw a leak that the entire next expansion is based around them and bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Almost two decades and they never added a tinker class. Up there as one of the biggest missed opportunities in this game. It would have been so cool if you could run around zapping people with a raygun that turns them into frogs, or control a small army of robots, or ride a mecha into battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Almost two decades and they never added a tinker class. Up there as one of the biggest missed opportunities in this game. It would have been so cool if you could run around zapping people with a raygun that turns them into frogs, or control a small army of robots, or ride a mecha into battle.

Almost 2 decades and Call of Duty doesnt have a street racing mode where you modify cars and race against other players - such a missed opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Almost 2 decades and Call of Duty doesnt have a street racing mode where you modify cars and race against other players - such a missed opportunity.
    Warcraft has huge amounts of steampunk in its DNA. Get real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Warcraft has huge amounts of steampunk in its DNA. Get real.
    Which barely fits, and even at its best feels shoehorned in as someone's pet project.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Which barely fits, and even at its best feels shoehorned in as someone's pet project.
    It's been there since atleast Warcraft 3. It's been there as long as the old gods and night elfs. You might not think it fits but it's been there so long it's impossible to remove.

I can get the arguments that tinkers are covered by engineering or that it just wouldn't make a very good class.

The idea that Tinekrs aren't compatible with Warcraft is nonsense.

I still believe they will happen eventually. It's just a shame it's taking so long to add something that is core to warcraft and keep trying to drag a failed profession as an excuse not to do it.

End of the day, they seem to very much still adhere to the expansion theme mantra. So, i guess we'll see if we ever get a machine war xpac.

Oh and OP, i heard that from the game director in regards to fair skinned elves on the alliance. You don't have assurances to give.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-04-30 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    It's been there since atleast Warcraft 3. It's been there as long as the old gods and night elfs.

I can get the arguments that tinkers are covered by engineering or that it just wouldn't make a very good class.

The idea that Tinekrs aren't compatible with Warcraft is nonsense.
    We had Gnomish Submarines and Flying Machines even in Warcraft 2. Engineers/Tinkers have been part of Warcraft since 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    We had Gnomish Submarines and Flying Machines even in Warcraft 2. Engineers/Tinkers have been part of Warcraft since 1995.
    So even earlier. Steampunk elements are borderline foundational to Warcraft.

Edit: that's to strong a statement. But Warcraft has been using steampunk elements for longer then most of its most important elements
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-04-30 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post

Well at least you're not complaining about demo warlocks now. Sadly, you're complaining about tinkers now so still not very healthy.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2022-04-30 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have a bunch of tinker threads. This didn't merit a new one.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |