7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dragonmaw specialize in killing and enslaving dragons, neither of which will be beneficial here.
    They don't enslave dragons anymore, they tame then.

Specialize in killing and taming means you especialize on then, you know then, their habits, their behaviours, how to deal with then, how to not upset then, etc.

AND, we are going to fight evil dragons, not all dragons will be intelligent, they will attack us, even their skillset of killing then would be of great use.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Well, possibly. Not that I claim that literal "awakening" will happen this expansion. I'd assume that quoted 'waking up' is more like a prelude to what could eventually happen.

Also, could you please remind me of when the elemental energies weakened? Is it somewhat connected to Cataclysm, or that Ancient War?
    10,000 years ago, when the Dragon Isles were abandoned?

That aside, i think Dragonflight is in many ways an attempt to get back to the basics. I'm certain they will eventually build up on that again, but it feels like they're trying to get a solid foundation to build on in 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    They don't enslave dragons anymore, they tame then.

Specialize in killing and taming means you especialize on then, you know then, their habits, their behaviours, how to deal with then, how to not upset then, etc.

AND, we are going to fight evil dragons, not all dragons will be intelligent, they will attack us, even their skillset of killing then would be of great use.
    Don't they still use a fragment of the demon chain to subjugate twilight dragons though? I know by the time of MOP they've moved on to less-intelligent protodrakes because all the twilights have died/gone into hiding, but they still show a willingness to use the artifact that bound Alexstrasza, I'd imagine that wouldn't earn them any brownie points on the isles.

Also even on proto-drakes there's still some dodgy implications on "taming" something that can self-determine.

I wonder if the mobile game will have enough to do with the WoW IP to relate… the promo thumbnail was quite techy… maybe we’ll get news on the pre-order package on Tuesday too.

One can hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Don't they still use a fragment of the demon chain to subjugate twilight dragons though? I know by the time of MOP they've moved on to less-intelligent protodrakes because all the twilights have died/gone into hiding, but they still show a willingness to use the artifact that bound Alexstrasza, I'd imagine that wouldn't earn them any brownie points on the isles.

Also even on proto-drakes there's still some dodgy implications on "taming" something that can self-determine.
    Zaela was the last dragonmaw who used the chain. We don't know what happened to the artifact.

The Dragonmaw are a no brainer. Have a group of Dragonmaw, who use the demon chain enslave red dragons. And have a group of Horde Dragonmaw under Gorfax Angerfang and Koaks leadership free these enslaved red dragons for Alexstrasza, showing that they consider their proto drake mounts as companions(as Koak learned with his cloud serpent in MoP), not as slaves. Done.

I really hope they don't waste Undermine as a dungeon in a patch. That be another massive waste of old lore...

Quote Originally Posted by Trazzle View Post
    I wonder if the mobile game will have enough to do with the WoW IP to relate… the promo thumbnail was quite techy… maybe we’ll get news on the pre-order package on Tuesday too.

One can hope!
    its a tinker type game similar to clash of clans

the second game is like pokemon go but only in the way that you spot random characters in the world and "gyms" are strongholds helld by you and your allies where you place your characters in to hold

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I doubt Dragonflight will have such a massive, significant, groundbreaking ending... it genuinely looks like a slice of life fun filler expansion. I can't see it having any major ramifications for the overarching storyline.

They also said that they want to go back to a high fantasy and grounded story with this expansion, such an ending would not fit the general thematic.
    They said the same about BfA and we Kamehameha’d an Old God at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    So even in a grounded expac epic moments are not allowed...understood. Let's get back to beating with sticks on each other's heads.

I wonder if Uldaman is complete rework

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I wonder if Uldaman is complete rework
    It was described as a different wing so it will probably be separate although they could rework the old one anyways

7+ Year Old Account
    Uldaman is cool and shit, but I keep hoping they hard rework Dire Maul already.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    It was described as a different wing so it will probably be separate although they could rework the old one anyways
    I am going to guess it will be half old, half new stuff.
    Might have to check Uldaman again to see where this new dungeon will end up.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Uldaman is cool and shit, but I keep hoping they hard rework Dire Maul already.
    That would be interesting. Honestly in a Revamp it'd be a cool idea to make it an actual Night Elf city now that the Highborne joined with the rest of the Night Elves.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I doubt Dragonflight will have such a massive, significant, groundbreaking ending... it genuinely looks like a slice of life fun filler expansion. I can't see it having any major ramifications for the overarching storyline.

They also said that they want to go back to a high fantasy and grounded story with this expansion, such an ending would not fit the general thematic.
    They already told us.. its slowly building up like mop.

Wise words, but an obvious no... Anything could happen, even that stupid sword could play a role. Ofc you cant see it as we dont know anything lmao.

Which compared to what happened in previous expansions, wasn't really that out there. We killed our first Old God back in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which compared to what happened in previous expansions, wasn't really that out there. We killed our first Old God back in Vanilla.
    And we did not even have any help, we literally just stabbed him in the eye and gut till he died.

Huh? When was BfA ever advertised in the same way as Dragonflight is?

Literally just compare their reveal trailers. BfA starts with actual genocide narrated by a heartbroken Jaina, who is quoting her father's words about peace being ephemeral. DF starts with the dragons playing with the fucking water while happy music plays in the background.

And besides, no one liked N'Zoth's ending cinematic, so they shouldn't repeat it. It is quite possibly the least liked and most disliked cutscene they've ever posted on their YT.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-04-30 at 10:00 AM.

Calling it now! The Azeroth Titan/Avatar form will take inspiration from Athena.

Though I don't think we're gonna see her anytime soon.

I have pondered it for quite some time, I have observed the evidence, and I have concluded that Azeroth will look like a Void elf. She will have the form of the Void elf.

She will have the form of an Elf, for her wound turned primitive savages into the first elves. That is her power and her influence derived from her wound.

She will have the influence of the Void, for during the encounter in 8.3, N'Zoth began merging Ny'alotha with the very Heart of Azeroth, the Chamber of her Heart, which would have left her twisted, at least in some ways. And as Il'gynoth says, the Old Gods have been drawing the strength from the "earth" for aeons. Strength from the Titan. There will be consequences to this fact.

It is now clear that the Void elf is the form most fitting to depict the Titan of Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Calling it now! The Azeroth Titan/Avatar form will take inspiration from Athena.

Though I don't think we're gonna see her anytime soon.
    I have said that many times before myself.

Her getting a Pallas Athena look is inevitable.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-04-30 at 10:21 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal