Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Weren't there already tauren rogues in the form of the Grimtotem? And orc mages have been a thing since Cataclysm. Interested in how they'll explain orc priests though.
    Shadow Priests could always be represented as Shadowmoon Necrolytes, if they ever formally get connected back to Horde somehow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shaman when?

BTW, I dont see any reason why all the classes can be available for all the races.

Races living together learn new classes... it is the natural course of things.
    If players want an official back story.... then there are so many orphans after the war and just add "Sanctuaries" to learn any class.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Kirill Stepanov. Deviantart and Artstation.
    So many naked butts...
    I thought it was something established, like the Worgen Paladin card in Hearthstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Mind as well just allow every race to play every class at this point, given that the lore doesn't matter anymore. Hell, let any race join any faction! Orcish paladins for the Alliance!

With that glimpse into AU Draenor during the Maghar quest chain, we do see Orc Paladins... so a little heads up for future orc class :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

They should open up Monks as well (for Worgen Goblin and Lighforged). They don't need any race specific art assets.

In terms of art assets I think the difficulty goes Druid > Demon hunter > Paladin > Shaman > Monk.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    With that glimpse into AU Draenor during the Maghar quest chain, we do see Orc Paladins... so a little heads up for future orc class :P
    He's just being overly grumpy my dude.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    That's all well and good but I (personally) do not acknowledge it, which is also well and good.
    There is also the outlaw spec that represents all kind of pirates which make sense if you are a Tauren.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Shaman when?

BTW, I dont see any reason why all the classes can be available for all the races.

Races living together learn new classes... it is the natural course of things.
    If players want an official back story.... then there are so many orphans after the war and just add "Sanctuaries" to learn any class.
    A agree, but for me there's Tltwo extreme outliers, maghar warlocks and DHs.

Hell I'm fine with velf paladins ultimately since the existence of disc priests can be used to spin it somehow.

But how can you justify dh and lock maghar when fel corruption turns orcs green.

What kind of lore can be made up for it???

Idk perhaps lock maghar just meditate to hold back the corruption, okay that could work.

But what about DHs, can meditation be Enough when you're fused with a freaking demon soul??

Hell what about a LF DH, would that be like the maiden fight from Tomb of sargeras? Actually that meta form would look pretty sick.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-04-29 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's just being overly grumpy my dude.
    No way @Val the Moofia Boss is a sweet heart :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post

Hell I'm fine with velf paladins ultimately since the existence of disc priests can be used to spin it somehow.

But how can you justify dh and lock maghar when fel corruption turns orcs green.

Idk perhaps lock maghar just meditate to hold back the corruption, okay that could work.

But what about DHs, can meditation be Enough when you're fused with a freaking demon soul??

Hell what about a LF DH, would that be like the maiden fight from Tomb of sargeras? Actually that meta form would look pretty sick.
    Okay I think I figured it out for maghar DH.

If some of you remember, orcs from AU draenor turned kinda greyish after drinking the blood, like Kilrogg.

Maybe that's how DH maghar could look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Weren't there already tauren rogues in the form of the Grimtotem? And orc mages have been a thing since Cataclysm. Interested in how they'll explain orc priests though.
    Maybe light-curious maghar? I mean we have troll priests as well, they have not alot in common with the classical priest image either.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Up to now, every race can be a Warrior or a Death Knight. Someone needs to remind Blizz to give Worgen and Goblins Monk since they promised both races would get Monk sometime after MoP. Five expansions later, we're still waiting.

Making it possible for every playable race to have Priest, Mage and Rogue alongside Warrior and DK means every playable race has at least 2 tank classes (DK and Warrior), 2 Melee DPS (Warrior and Rogue), a Caster DPS (Mage) and a Heals (Priest). That's pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Maybe light-curious maghar? I mean we have troll priests as well, they have not alot in common with the classical priest image either.
    Lorewise, Troll Priests are Witch Doctors and Gnome Priests are actually field medics who studied the Holy Light. Undead Priests actually use Shadow Magic and are members of the Cult of Forgotten Shadows, which is dark perversion of the Church of the Holy Light which they were members of before becoming undead. Lorewise, they practice Shadow Magic but in-game they function as regular Priests. They're no different from other Undead Lorewise: Deadly Allergic to Holy Power.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post

Lorewise, Troll Priests are Witch Doctors and Gnome Priests are actually field medics who studied the Holy Light. Undead Priests actually use Shadow Magic and are members of the Cult of Forgotten Shadows, which is dark perversion of the Church of the Holy Light which they were members of before becoming undead. Lorewise, they practice Shadow Magic but in-game they function as regular Priests. They're no different from other Undead Lorewise: Deadly Allergic to Holy Power.
    And all of that is entirely inconsequential when none of that is reflected ingame at all. If some race/class combination doesn't exist in lore as a wide spread thing, then so fucking what? The player character itself didn't exist in lore for the longest time and even today we are at best some weird footnote of a vague proxy "champion". The lore argument is absolutely pointless when the lore has already been stretched that thin. A witch doctor is not a priest. They aren't even close. Also let's not forget that a couple dirty dozen belves got turned into velves and now they make up one of the more sizable player races.

Also again, since Legion and Alonsus Faol that is simply no longer true. The guy is not a shadow priest last time I checked. Heck we even made a light bound undead in BfA's book. It's time to stop pretending lore is a good excuse for Blizzard to be lazy.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-04-30 at 05:43 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Orcs can't be Paladins because they can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    Orcs can't be Paladins because they can't read.
    But they can be Mages who do read? The Cataclysm Mage trainer is even reading a book and is like "For too long, we have ignored the secrets of the Arcane!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    But they can be Mages who do read? The Cataclysm Mage trainer is even reading a book and is like "For too long, we have ignored the secrets of the Arcane!"
    Don't listen to his lies! He is actually reading a coloring book.

Sneakyhooves
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post

Well, someone on the forums pointed out to how Mag'har Warlocks would be Shadowmoon Necrolytes, using Void and Necromancy. The Fel would be a gameplay aspect only.

Opening up all races to all classes has been on my wish list for a long time now so this is very welcome news for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I think it also, at least initially, had to do with both their stater zones being set in the past, and thus can't have a pandaren there.
    Didn't stop Drenai or Blood Elves