Poll: what allied race combo preorder would be better

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    that is probably the only bit of that leak that isn't true. Allied Races are a BfA thing, we won't be getting them alongside a new race in DF. how do I know this? because they would've just added them as a race rather than an Allied Race, just like they did with Dracthyr
    That doesn't explain how you know it at all, though.

An allied race is far less work than a full race like Dracthyr. Your logic is "They wouldve just made a full race because theyre making another full race" which isnt necessarily true.

None of these except maybe the Vrykul or a recoloured Elf would be an Allied Race. I know Kul Tiran Humans kinda threw that off a bit but generally the Allied Race system tends to be Sub-Races. Things using existing skeletons designed with the ability to use armour already built-in. Most of these are just Races. Maybe if the Tuskarr now use Pandaren models that could work though.

The next playable Allied Races I could see would be some kind of Purified Undead (like Calia) with either Lordaeron or Alterac themed Heritage Armour (perhaps with masks and porcelain-like covers for for their joints to be more visually distinct) and I'm honestly quite unsure what to give the Horde. Not a whole lot has been put forward that would make sense for a Worgen-based skeleton, although maybe I'm wrong and there's something in Shadowlands (still haven't gotten around to playing it) and I don't think fully-Human shaped Undead would satisfy many, nor another branch of Elves like the Darkfallen.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

I want ogres.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It always felt like we are missing 2 races in BfA and Sethrak + some Undead AR would fill blanks. It rubs me wrong way just like having one empty gateway on top Oribos floor (SL was totally designed as 3 chapters, no scrapped content folks).

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    None of these except maybe the Vrykul or a recoloured Elf would be an Allied Race. I know Kul Tiran Humans kinda threw that off a bit but generally the Allied Race system tends to be Sub-Races. Things using existing skeletons designed with the ability to use armour already built-in. Most of these are just Races. Maybe if the Tuskarr now use Pandaren models that could work though.

The next playable Allied Races I could see would be some kind of Purified Undead (like Calia) with either Lordaeron or Alterac themed Heritage Armour (perhaps with masks and porcelain-like covers for for their joints to be more visually distinct) and I'm honestly quite unsure what to give the Horde. Not a whole lot has been put forward that would make sense for a Worgen-based skeleton, although maybe I'm wrong and there's something in Shadowlands (still haven't gotten around to playing it) and I don't think fully-Human shaped Undead would satisfy many, nor another branch of Elves like the Darkfallen.
    Could go out of left field and give them Saberon.

Pretty sure it was very strongly implied in the recent dev interview that Tuskarr as an allied race are not happening.

I think a strong bet will be the Tuskarr, with the model updates they have got, and the new female model.

Probably not even a new allied race but a barber option for night elf and blood elf

Ideally a dryad or fairy race, but out of the ones listed either Gnoll or Sethrak.

I got to say though, i think i`d much rather just preorder and have the allied races unlocked, than go through
    reputation grinds/storyline unlocks to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Well, i've been wishing to have Sethrak on the Alliance since BfA. Would be great if that happened. Knowing Blizzard, it won't though.
    I still don't get why Sethrakk for the alliance is somehow popular with the community, the Horde helped them far more than the alliance did, and they're allied with the vulpera.
    Can work somehow though if another group of Sethrakk are found, though that'd mean Sethrakk for both factions.

I do not pre-order so it doesn't matter to me what the bonuses are.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Allied Races are a BfA thing

Technically Allied Races were first added in Legion, with LFD, Velfs, HmT and Nightborne

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    The next playable Allied Races I could see would be some kind of Purified Undead (like Calia) with either Lordaeron or Alterac themed Heritage Armour (perhaps with masks and porcelain-like covers for for their joints to be more visually distinct)
    This, especially since we know that in 9.2.5 something will happen in Tirisfal.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    People keep pointing out one race as if they don't usually come in sets of two.
    Unless they're doing two neutral races at once, so many of these options don't work without the other, and Darkfallen is just pure Horde fanservice.
    The Alliance counterpart would presumably be the undead night elves raised in Darkshore, who we saw leaving with Derek Proudmoore and Calia Menethil at the end of BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul
    Red Draenei
    Mogu
    Wrath baby and proud of it

its gonna be vampire elves and people are gonna be so mad lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ABK Morgan View Post
    Technically Allied Races were first added in Legion, with LFD, Velfs, HmT and Nightborne
    nope. they were added in 7.3.5 but only made available with the prepurchase of BfA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    That doesn't explain how you know it at all, though.

An allied race is far less work than a full race like Dracthyr. Your logic is "They wouldve just made a full race because theyre making another full race" which isnt necessarily true.
    how are they less work?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Well, i've been wishing to have Sethrak on the Alliance since BfA. Would be great if that happened. Knowing Blizzard, it won't though.
    Same, big Sethrak fan

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I still don't get why Sethrakk for the alliance is somehow popular with the community, the Horde helped them far more than the alliance did, and they're allied with the vulpera.
    Can work somehow though if another group of Sethrakk are found, though that'd mean Sethrakk for both factions.
    Because they are cool and a good counter pick to vulpera. Vulpera make no sense and are in. So, why not Sethrak? Heck, i'd be fine with the faithless remnant trying to reform themselves and picking a new path.

I'm gonna go with Tuskarr and Gnoll. They made a note of a female Tuskarr model in the announcement and Gnolls (who play a role in the expansion) also have an updated model with the same model as Worgen now. All the allied races we have received so far are a skeleton of a pre-existing race, Tuskarr are the same as Panderen and Gnolls with Worgen.