Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I dont know man,i wouldnt want to be seen associating with this turd,you never know if he will slip up an N word,or make some random transphobic coments,i mean his chat will 100% do it thats for sure,i see it 24/7 happening,his chat is a cesspool of filth,but with asmon its like a 50-50 odds of it
    This couldn't be more further than the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I think the biggest problem Blizzard has right now is the mixture of red tape that stops their developers from being able to actually speak with people off the cuff and the fact that they don't seem to have anyone who seems sincere when they're talking about their games, mostly because it appears to be scripted.
    While i believe you are partially correct, i am not sure if some Blizzard developers going off the script is a great idea.

There's quite a few posts from Blizzard devs on social media, or even leaked from more discreet conversation (such as Discords that have been solely set up for the communication between the theorycrafting community and the devs) that frankly revealed a rather troubling mindset.
    Where you absolutely have the impression that some Blizzard devs have a serious problem with certain parts of the community just because they dislike or criticize their design too much.

If i were to work in the PR department and have people within my company who go out on social media and call one of the biggest content creators an "asshole", then i wouldn't do job properly if just let them "off the leash" so to speak.
    Nevermind that, looking back 1-2 years earlier, the community tore Ion (and by extension, Blizzard) a new asshole when he mused about "meaningful choice" during an interview with Preach.

So can i can absolutely see why this red tape exists, because interviews going south can make things worse absolutely PR wise.
    I'll be honest, if social media wouldn't exist, i'd probably have a higher opinion of the devs because i know less about them, which is not a great thing to say.
    I dont know man,i wouldnt want to be seen associating with this turd,you never know if he will slip up an N word,or make some random transphobic coments,i mean his chat will 100% do it thats for sure,i see it 24/7 happening,his chat is a cesspool of filth,but with asmon its like a 50-50 odds of it
    You seriously believe that a guy who has been streaming for the last ~8 years without any bans has a "50% chance" of doing something that can absolutely end his streaming career on Twitch?

If you don't like the guy, fair enough, but even if you think he would say these things, he has been so far smart enough to not say them on stream.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-04-30 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This couldn't be more further than the truth.
    uhm...it is,i watch him a fair bit as i find him funny,and he does it all the time,and ofc the chat thing is 100% true

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Honestly it felt more like Ion wasn't even trying to be professional but actually had a good time. Pretty sure he enjoyed most of these questions.
    He came across as a gamer and not the leader of the pack, he looked relaxed talking to Asmon, people say he twitches and keeps moving that's just how Ion probably is, don't mean anything. People just look for the smallest thing to criticise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    We get it. You don't like Asmongold.
    I don't watch his content that much anymore, but he's asking the right questions and behaving professionally.

A lot of the community listens to Asmongold or feels that he represents them as players, so it is important that he gets this oppertunity.
    It's just the haters that he preaches to to get web hits and clicks. He tells them what they want to hear whether he actually believes it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imrindar View Post
    Uh... I wasn't quoting you unless you're also mst3kfan... however: Zach, even as Asmongold, is incredibly level headed, clearly intelligent, and expresses sincere and thoughtful positions on a wide range of topics. I think the people who dislike Asmongold haven't actually watched his stream.
    Telling people to harass players online who bought the TBC mount is intelligent?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    Come on now. It comes with being "famous". The guy is rich, filthy rich. He could buy you and your future generations without even breaking a sweat. I'm not a fan of asmongold myself and don't watch anything he does because he's the typical over-exaggerated youtube personality that kids love. He didn't get to where he is today by being an idiot however, that's for sure. From a PR standpoint blizzard made a good call since he has quite an audience.
    Soi?> Havinbg money doesn't mean it is OK to be jackwagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. Thats why he is pretty much perma banned, right? Good luck finding a clip of him saying the N-word. He is the owner of the biggest org on twitch and one of the biggest streamers on the platform. You don't have to like him, but come on, saying there is 50/50 chance that he randomly behaves like a madmen or whatever is just ridiculous

Sweet interview.
    Was wondering whereas Asmon was asking about the sword from a genuine lore/story driving perspective or from a loot table perspective (more inclined to speculate the latter as that's what was in my mind).
    Was hoping for some hilarious comment/question like "when is the mogushan sword going to drop for me ion" or maybe some mention of the channel's favor chest/boob glider
    Enjoyed it all around
    Last edited by Good ol Stroggylos; 2022-04-30 at 03:29 PM.

Asmon nailed it, really good interview, Ion clearly very happy to speak with him, so why the hate?

It never ceases to amaze me how one guy talking about MMO's can trigger so many people, particularly when he's so knowledgable and has the best interests of the game at heart. Just jealousy IMO.

Hi chat! Also it's hilarious you guys are just complaining about asmongold instead of talking about the interview

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAPaul View Post
    Hi chat! Also it's hilarious you guys are just complaining about asmongold instead of talking about the interview
    Exactly. Pretty obvious that these people have never watched Asmon.

uhm...it is,i watch him a fair bit as i find him funny,and he does it all the time,and ofc the chat thing is 100% true
    I'm rather indifferent on Asmon himself, but he has actually been rather vocal about defending victims and helping on Twitter whenever push comes to shove. The solo smear campaign you're running is pretty unwarranted. His fanbase is a different topic of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm rather indifferent on Asmon himself, but he has actually been rather vocal about defending victims and helping on Twitter whenever push comes to shove. The solo smear campaign you're running is pretty unwarranted. His fanbase is a different topic of course.
    Thing is,wile he in some circles tries to come off as decent,he lets his real ideas slip fairly often,hes made plenty of remarks or passive agresive statements on certain topics,i mean its no surprises considering he was raised by a qanon/alex jones fan quack

Thing is,wile he in some circles tries to come off as decent,he lets his real ideas slip fairly often,hes made plenty of remarks or passive agresive statements on certain topics,i mean its no surprises considering he was raised by a qanon/alex jones fan quack
    And yet I've literally never heard of anything close to this about him, and word like that would spread like a wildfire if there was anything actually bad about him since he is one of the top streamers. Like how everyone knows the DrDisrespect drama with his wife. Or it was at least almost everywhere and hard to avoid even as someone who never watched anything of his.

Just like when Asmon's mother passed away, news was almost everywhere. So unless there's actual proof, it's just a baseless smear campaign.

Anyone who thought the interview would go over horribly didn't see Asmon's interview with yoshi-p, he can be normal when he needs to be.

To me this is a symbolic interview by Blizzard and a good sign that they are finally starting to listen to those who have issues with the current game design. Sticking their head in the sand is what got them in this position to start with. Even though the interview was fairly tame, the fact that they are starting to reach out is a very good thing in my opinion.

He is the biggest Content Creator for WoW. No one has to like him, but a Company should never ignore the biggest Content Creator for their Product.

Does anyone have any like...proof that he's this awful person? I've seen him be called a racist (Never seen him be such) and that he's transphobic (Again, yet to really see that...).

I'm beginning to think some of you are just jealous of his success because some of y'all have yet to provide real evidence of his poor behavior.

And spare me the "He's removed the vids from Twitch" or whatever. In fact, I've seen him ban folks for being racist so none of anyone's complaints have tracked so far. Proof proof proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And yet I've literally never heard of anything close to this about him, and word like that would spread like a wildfire if there was anything actually bad about him since he is one of the top streamers. Like how everyone knows the DrDisrespect drama with his wife. Or it was at least almost everywhere and hard to avoid even as someone who never watched anything of his.

Just like when Asmon's mother passed away, news was almost everywhere. So unless there's actual proof, it's just a baseless smear campaign.
    hes a little smarter than the averege alt righer sadly,he does stuff like ridicule people that have pronouns on their bio

no1 is making much fuss over it because its often subtle,and most people who watch him are even worse than him,they even get mad at him when he doesnt go far enough with coments

hes a little smarter than the averege alt righer sadly,he does stuff like ridicule people that have pronouns on their bio

no1 is making much fuss over it because its often subtle,and most people who watch him are even worse than him,they even get mad at him when he doesnt go far enough with coments
    Okay see...not really proof of anything. Some of you just want a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    Why Ion agreed to do an interview with Asmongold is beyond me. The guy is a wack job. I guess kudos to Ion for sitting through the idiocy.
    Seek help.