Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    I do not understand the hypocrisy of this community. You spend the whole time saying Asmongold is Toxic but counter it with your own Toxicity. To contrast this people on the 14 community were excited to have him interview Yoshi-P meanwhile on the WoW side of things people are complaining about it and ignoring the actual interview just to spend the whole time taking a dumb on him and his community. He has a large community he cannot control everyone and being Toxic about it is just being hypocritical.

the WoW community really needs to do better, we are dying and instead of coming together everyone wants to attack everyone including their content creators, do you know how many gaming communities would kill to have someone like him?

- - - Updated - - -

kinda a low blow to attack his deceased mother. Its hurts a lot when you lose a parent much more than anyone who hasn't experienced the same pain can understand. I understand that you do not like him but i think its wrong to say stuff like this, its both unwarranted and uncivilized.
    You see the thing isn't which communities would like having asmon, it's that this particular community does not. It's not a valid argument for his worth.

It's like saying "why you don't like rice? almost half the earth population eats it daily". Good for them, we don't want "rice".

Agreed, though, for the mother comment. Judge the person, not his parentage, something that definitely is not his fault, even if it explained stuff.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    kinda a low blow to attack his deceased mother. Its hurts a lot when you lose a parent much more than anyone who hasn't experienced the same pain can understand. I understand that you do not like him but i think its wrong to say stuff like this, its both unwarranted and uncivilized.
    its not an attack,he himself said it about her,also i do like him,i also like alex jones,you can like someone and think they are a disgusting human being at the same time

I have to admit its really odd people were so up in arms about this. Huge audience? Check. Interviewer they have history with? Check. Both sides have something to gain? Check.

That is business. Welcome to it. Petty viewer driven internet beefs or made up drama really don't beat out the reality of business. If Blizzard would have said fuck off they would have reached fewer ears. If Asmon said fuck off he would have had fewer eyeballs from what is probably not the normal audience. Everyone wins. Besides the people that have put steak into one side or the other winning in the phony war? Pretty sad if you find yourself a solider in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    Why Ion agreed to do an interview with Asmongold is beyond me. The guy is a wack job. I guess kudos to Ion for sitting through the idiocy.
    Maybe look at a mirror before calling people wackjobs or idiots. That interview was fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorCrow View Post
    This is a long winded way to show you need to seek help. None of this seems accurate or based on anything remotely factual. Frankly, it's super messed up.
    They'd suck a dirty dick to have his success for a day. It's nothing but jealousy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    I think it's safe to say now that Lore was the person at Blizzard blacklisting certain streamers like Asmongold from speaking to Ion for many years now.

Barely a week after Lore leaves Blizz, Ion shocks the community with "Hey Asmongold, how about an interview? Great, book the time!"

C'mon...

I still have all the WoW Tankspot videos saved on my HDD going all the way back to Malygos up to Morchok, but as Community Liaison goes, Lore left a LOT to be desired, and the state of the relationship between WoW devs and the community reflects this. If you were the person at Blizzard doing Lore's annual performance review, would YOU say the relationship between WoW devs and the community has been improving year after year?

In the real world (i.e. not a California tech company), Lore would have been replaced years ago for no other reason than metrics. But I think we all know that as far as million-dollar California tech companies go, performance and deliverables take a far back seat to management "supporting" you in your role, no matter your impact on the company... especially if you have a Twitter following.

Which is why people are asking why WoW's Senior Community Manager has gone AWOL, while Asmongold's interview with the FF14 lead game director gets over 1 million views.

At that point literally anyone would be asking Lore "So, aside from mocking Preach on Twitter over the XP potion ban... what exactly do you DO here?"

You only have to look at the state of transmog over the decade. How the Lead Rewards Designer still holds that position after all these years astounds me. Instead of successfully implementing bold new improvements year after year, he's notorious for hating the entire concept (which is why there's only been eight updates since 2013, and most of those are "you can now hide X". Imagine delivering that to your bosses every two years!).

So yeah, it's very telling that almost immediately after Blizzard's entrenched Senior Community Manager departs the company, not only does Ion start a whirlwind streamer interview tour including Asmongold, but the community response to his replies and mannerisms are overwhelmingly positive, with everyone mentioning the noticeable difference between his likeable persona on Asmongold's stream compared to his previous years of monotone "lawyer-speak" on Lore's heavily scripted Q&A clips.

Extremely telling.
    Ciderhelm WAS tankspot. Fuck lore, he killed it. And fuck his dumbass hairstyle too. Mop-head-lookin' motherfucker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Dude, wtf? This is mmo-champion. Streamers bad mhkay?

Honestly this comment section is very telling about why mmo-champion is just a meme to any reasonable person.
    Cracks me up to see all the walls of text from pseudo-intellectuals who think anyone gives a fat fuck about their opinion.

Just making a post to say GJ Zack and to thank whoever told me Lore is gone! Lore was very unskilled at his job and the worst CM in WoW history! Made Tseric look like a pretty well put together guy!

Also Ion looks GOOD. I've never seen him in spirits this high--I think he might actually be loosening up as a human being. It's hard to recover from being a lawyer. Blizzard is actually doing some shit that isn't stupid for the first time in years, even if DF is trash they're doing the right things to shill to people like me.

Hurrah!
    Last edited by Axaron; 2022-05-01 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    My brother in christ, what the fuck are you talking about?
    the dark side of taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "Its just jealousy! Stop hating him, you wish you were him!"

Its kinda sad that the Asmongold defenders are more triggered about people not like him than the haters are over him just doing an interview lol

Like him or not, the interview was a good one.
    It's an inability to rationalize their hate. Isn't based in factual evidence. That's my only concern here.And to try and rationalize it, that's what I came to understand as the likely reason.

OT: interview was awesome. I think it was constructive to the player base as Asmongold is an active critic of the WoWDev Team and the WoWTeam as a whole. And fairly so. Not only that but he clearly does speak for a large majority of the PB. Ion was cool and was transparent about changes. I thought his other interviews were the same actually.

Not sure what sword Asmon is asking about. May e he's high?

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    I think it's safe to say now that Lore was the person at Blizzard blacklisting certain streamers like Asmongold from speaking to Ion for many years now.

Barely a week after Lore leaves Blizz, Ion shocks the community with "Hey Asmongold, how about an interview? Great, book the time!"

C'mon...

I still have all the WoW Tankspot videos saved on my HDD going all the way back to Malygos up to Morchok, but as Community Liaison goes, Lore left a LOT to be desired, and the state of the relationship between WoW devs and the community reflects this. If you were the person at Blizzard doing Lore's annual performance review, would YOU say the relationship between WoW devs and the community has been improving year after year?

In the real world (i.e. not a California tech company), Lore would have been replaced years ago for no other reason than metrics. But I think we all know that as far as million-dollar California tech companies go, performance and deliverables take a far back seat to management "supporting" you in your role, no matter your impact on the company... especially if you have a Twitter following.

Which is why people are asking why WoW's Senior Community Manager has gone AWOL, while Asmongold's interview with the FF14 lead game director gets over 1 million views.

At that point literally anyone would be asking Lore "So, aside from mocking Preach on Twitter over the XP potion ban... what exactly do you DO here?"

You only have to look at the state of transmog over the decade. How the Lead Rewards Designer still holds that position after all these years astounds me. Instead of successfully implementing bold new improvements year after year, he's notorious for hating the entire concept (which is why there's only been eight updates since 2013, and most of those are "you can now hide X". Imagine delivering that to your bosses every two years!).

So yeah, it's very telling that almost immediately after Blizzard's entrenched Senior Community Manager departs the company, not only does Ion start a whirlwind streamer interview tour including Asmongold, but the community response to his replies and mannerisms are overwhelmingly positive, with everyone mentioning the noticeable difference between his likeable persona on Asmongold's stream compared to his previous years of monotone "lawyer-speak" on Lore's heavily scripted Q&A clips.

Extremely telling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    He's the most popular wow content creator, many people like him. Seems like a you problem to me.
    Look at the interview, at what point he said or did something that was inappropriate?
    You're just another idiot who judged people based on what they heard about them or some clips and shit. For example I can't stand Taliesin at all, but I admit he did a great fucking job on the twitter space interview thingy.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't be surprised tbh, he has like half of wow community blocked on twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Ah yes, clearly Lore had full control over his bosses emotions and manner of speaking, and was controlling him to be a robot.

Definitely couldn't just be that there's a new expansion and so they're doing their normal roundup of interviews, exactly the way they've always done them on expac reveal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Maybe look at a mirror before calling people wackjobs or idiots. That interview was fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

They'd suck a dirty dick to have his success for a day. It's nothing but jealousy.

- - - Updated - - -

Ciderhelm WAS tankspot. Fuck lore, he killed it. And fuck his dumbass hairstyle too. Mop-head-lookin' motherfucker.

- - - Updated - - -

Cracks me up to see all the walls of text from pseudo-intellectuals who think anyone gives a fat fuck about their opinion.
    Those tweets, and that entire interaction was a joke.
    Lore and Asmon we're never on any bad terms.
    But I guess toxic haters never really do give a shit about any kind of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

I thought it was interesting that Ion referred to players that don't participate in raids/mythic+/rated PVP as the "silent majority". Hopefully that means the campaign in Dragonflight is better.

Alliance Not that it matters but...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    He's not living in trash. He doesn't drive a 20 year old car that is falling apart. He has more than three shirts. You have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about.
    He actually does. He grew up in poverty and he is extremely introverted and doesn't like change. He does drive a 20-year-old car that falls apart and says that when it dies he will just buy another junker. He lives in the house he grew up with that has a ton of problems with mold and broken appliances in a shitty neighborhood. Because he is a millionaire he is able to just buy new shirts because he doesn't do laundry. He chooses to live that way because he's fine with it, it doesn't bother him. He has enough money to buy what he wants, and he doesn't want much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    We have reached a point where innovating means bringing back features they removed a few years prior. Sad state of affairs.
    Indeed, which makes me not super excited for the game. I noticed that trend a while ago and now it sticks out even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Indeed, which makes me not super excited for the game. I noticed that trend a while ago and now it sticks out even more.
    Play another game then if you noticed this months ago.

MORE STUFF =/= BETTER GAME

Sometimes less is better and this soft reset is even more

Not months ago, years ago. When you play from day 1, you notice how you had features, spells, and ideas and how they removed them slowly over time. Then later on, when people mostly forgot about them and mode on, they re-added them back in the game.

Its not about MORE STUFF = BETTER GAME

It's about keeping the stuff that already works and improving them, not removing them and then adding them back in later. They keep adding new stuff, leaving them for 1 or 2 years and then adding them back in.
    I honestly don't know what's going on with them. Maybe they have an idea, try it, people hate it and then they go back to the original one? Could be anything at this point.

Soooo to make it more clear: Its more about - IF IT WORKS, DONT BREAK IT/REMOVE IT(but IMPROVE IT) = BETTER GAME

P.s. I do play other games indeed, but just because I have noticed their strange practices, it doesn't mean I still don't like and enjoy the game btw. Do I like it? No, but that's not the whole game. Having shaman totems, paladin buffs, and auras, then removing them, then adding them back it, then removing them again.... is not going to make me quit. There are plenty of other new ideas and things to see and do. It just feels wrong, what they are doing. God forbid fans speak out if there is something off huh? I guess I gotta play other games cus I got a few remarks. Having a voice is what Blizzard was all about, so as a Blizz player, I will fully voice my concerns. This ain't Russia mate.
    If they want to do LESS=BETTER, then sure. But then don't go back to MORE=BETTER. That's my point, or at least keep what works and don't make 50 other things just so you can remove all the old stuff. Stick to your guns Blizzard.

Pss2: OLD =/= BAD

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Those tweets, and that entire interaction was a joke.
    Lore and Asmon we're never on any bad terms.
    But I guess toxic haters never really do give a shit about any kind of context.
    Good thing you said this. I googled the tweet and yeah, it's indeed a joke.

I came here for all the bald man bad, and I was not disappointed, on the bright side I am glad to see Blizzard actually giving him the time of day, interview was good. Blizz is saying a lot of the right things, but I will not be swayed until I see them make the right decisions.

Terrible interview. Nothing important was asked. he spent the whole time kissing Ion's ass and how tf is that sword comment even funny?